Hello!

This is my first time on Fort Fiends. Found it today from a recommendation I saw on easyWDW.

We've recently upgraded from a little pop up to a big travel trailer (35 ft. Jayco Eagle). We're very happy and excited about our new camper for many reasons. Especially since we can now take our beloved pooch with us to Fort Wilderness! According to my research, there is only one preferred campsite that is also a pet loop and that is loop 300. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We told our travel agent that we wanted loop 300. However, is there a way to request it directly with Fort Wilderness ? This will be our first Christmastime camping trip to WDW and we REALLY want loop 300.

Is there a better pet loop than 300 ?

Our previous trips to the fort have been wonderful with the exception of check in. They usually stick us in a loop that we did not want and we've never gotten the one we requested. We drive 13 hours from TN and by the time we reach FW we're exhausted and ready to settle in. We spent an hour+ during one check in trying to get an appropriate site for our camper. It was definitely not the way we wanted to start our vacation with Mickey!

Thanks for all your advice!!

Mitzi

Hello!

This is my first time on Fort Fiends. Found it today from a recommendation I saw on easyWDW.

We've recently upgraded from a little pop up to a big travel trailer (35 ft. Jayco Eagle). We're very happy and excited about our new camper for many reasons. Especially since we can now take our beloved pooch with us to Fort Wilderness! According to my research, there is only one preferred campsite that is also a pet loop and that is loop 300. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We told our travel agent that we wanted loop 300. However, is there a way to request it directly with Fort Wilderness ? This will be our first Christmastime camping trip to WDW and we REALLY want loop 300.

Our previous trips to the fort have been wonderful with the exception of check in. They usually stick us in a loop that we did not want and we've never gotten the one we requested. We drive 13 hours from TN and by the time we reach FW we're exhausted and ready to settle in. We spent an hour+ during one check in trying to get an appropriate site for our camper. It was definitely not the way we wanted to start our vacation with Mickey!

Mitzi

First Welcome :banana: Now don't worry about a thing, you have a pet and paid for a preferred site, you will get the 300 Loop :dance:

If you reserve a preferred site and tell them you need a pet loop, chances are very high you will get the 300 Loop. Even if they have to put you in a different Loop, you will still be able to have your pet. We prefer the Premium sites (especially the 500 Loop), but that's a matter of personal preference. For a Big 5er, you might want to check out the Premium sites, too

:insanity:

Hello!

Mitzi

FIRST OFF WELCOME!!!!

You've found a wonderful place for Fort Wilderness information.

First off, if you want Loop 300, make sure you have booked a Preferred campsite. That is the only way you will get that loop. There are only 3 loops in the preferred category and supposedly Loop 300 is the only preferred Pet Loop. However, Disney is putting more and more pets in any loop they wish.

If you book Premium, then lots of folks like Loop 400 and 500 for ease to the dog park.

I too find the front desk folks at the Fort to be lacking. They just don't have the experience and love for the Fort that the front desk folks used to have.

You will love Christmas at the Fort. The decorations are amazing and the atmosphere is great. Lots of calm away from the craziness of the parks.

There are many other TN folks in our bunch!! We also try and camp together locally to our area. North Alabama and TN is a frequent "Fiends" spot for group campouts.

Welcome! We're so glad you find us, please hop on in and have some fun! When at Christmas time are you going to be there? We are going to be there also! Right now we have from the 11th to the 28th or so, but we will probably be cutting some of those days out.

WOW! Thank you for the warm welcome :D So nice of you all to help me with my first post.

It is tempting to look into the premium sites. I thought we'd like 300 well enough and could save some money.

I assume that one can not walk their dog anywhere else but the dog run area ? How about around the loop ? I saw one post about a dog walk trail behind 300.

Yes. In fact, Fort Wilderness is the only pet friendly resort on Disney World property. Request a pet site when making reservations. Pets are allowed in Premium, Preferred and Full Hook-Up campsites in loops 1600 through 1900, 300, 700 and 800, but must be kept in those areas. Depending on the season and demand, Fort Wilderness might also temporarily designate certain loops as pet loops. There is an additional charge of $5 per day.

Fort Wilderness also has the fenced-in, leash free Waggin' Trails Dog Park: 'Where dogs on vacation can "Lose the Leash"'! The park is located next to the playground at loop 300, but all the pet loops have access to it by way of the designated paths. Currently, Disney doesn't have these on their maps, but they will hopefully include them soon. All the paths are marked with signs, so you can easily find your way to Waggin' Trails. Leashed dogs are also allowed on the golf carts now, making the park even more accessible. It is open from dawn to dusk, and has several watering stations where the bowls are self filling. (Note: if they haven't been used, the water in them gets very warm, so you will want to get it to fill again with cool water.) There's also a picnic table where you can relax while your dog plays. Dogs must be accompanied by guests age 12 and over at the park; no unaccompanied dogs, puppies under 4 months, or dogs in heat are allowed. Use of the dog park is limited to FW guests staying in one of the designated pet loops. (See the photo section for a sign with all the Waggin' Trails Dog Park rules.)

Owners are expected to clean up after their pets in all areas. There is a receptacle to deposit pet waste, as well as collection bags with which to pick up the waste, located at each of the entrance/exit of the pet loops. Collection bags are also located between sites #1632 and #1634 beside the path to the comfort station, and at the entrance to the pet walk in loop 300.

As you can see, a pet walk IS behind the 300 Loop!

WOW! Thank you for the warm welcome :D So nice of you all to help me with my first post.

It is tempting to look into the premium sites. I thought we'd like 300 well enough and could save some money.

I assume that one can not walk their dog anywhere else but the dog run area ? How about around the loop ? I saw one post about a dog walk trail behind 300.

There are regular dog walks near all the pet friendly loops. You can walk them on leash in any of those areas and around your loop as long as they are leashed and you clean up after them. The dog park is the only off leash area and you need to clean up after them there too.

Welcome Mamma_Eagle!!! You will love the 300 loop...we've camped there, and we also love 500 (although as you know that is Premium and a bit more money). But I find the sites a bit roomier and easier to back the larger RV's into. However, when we camped in 300 we were in a 35' MH and had no trouble getting in. So it's all good!

What region of TN are you in? We are in the Nashville area.

Bob,that may never happen. :rofl2: :rofl2:

I think you may be right!

How about this?

"Welcome fellow Tennessean, join in the conversations and let us know about yourself when you are comfortable with can tolerate us."

That seems a little more appropriate :rofl2:

Y'all are so nice here! :))

About us....

DH and I are in our early 40s. He grew up camping all over north America and I hadn't camped a day in my life until I met him 20+ years ago. We started tent camping for the 1st 10 years of our marriage and after we had our 3 children (triplets!), we moved up to a coleman pop - up and now have our dream camper, the Jayco Eagle with bunks.

DH and I had visited WDW when we moved back to TN from PA in 1996. It was a wonderful trip. We won accommodations at a Deluxe on a radio show so only had to pay park tix and meals. We were hooked. Fast forward 9 years and it was time to celebrate the triplets' 5th birthday. I planned the trip for almost a year. We got annual passes because although our first stay was going to be at Port Orleans Riverside in September, we thought camping at FW would be super fun at the end of January into February. We loved it! We have been back 9 times since 2005 and Walt Disney World has become my hobby. I've helped about 10 local families plan their DIsney vacations simply because I am so passionate about it and it's become common knowledge that I am a walking book of Disney vacation information! We've stayed at several Disney resorts over these years and have camped at Ft. Wilderness 3 previous times. This will be our 4th. Now that we've invested in the big camper, I doubt we'll see the inside of another resort room. But, I'm OK with that. We love our camper. It's a true blessing! Although, it is scary when driving it. We got it in OHIO and drove it back to east TN. It was a knuckle gripping, nail biting 5 hours. DH had never hauled such a big rig before. He did fine, though. Whew! ;)

Glad to be here! That's probably more information than you wanted ..... hehee

BTW - all those in TN, we live near Knoxville and love visiting the Great Smoky Mountains!