My son used to LOVE Ramen -- ate it probably close to every day. Then someone (Rog maybe?) mentioned that even the "vegetable" flavored Ramen has some kind of animal product in it, and my kiddo (vege-free-range-arian) dropped them cold.

Which was a big bummer, because you're right -- they were super-cheap and easy!

The sodium content on these things is outrageous. Not good to eat for any age. If you're going to eat them or let your kids eat them, limit it.

• 4 weeks later...

my kiddos really like these alot, they dont even cook them, sprinkle the seasoning on the noodles and eat them hard..

gotta be the samoan blood in them :rofl2:

Thats exactly what my youngest does except he doesn't even use the seasoning, just eats them plain like a rice cake!

• 3 months later...

Educate me - why not just buy regular pasta, instead of buying ramen and throwing out the spice packet?

We eat a LOT of pasta here (usually twice a week) with just butter and spices. Cheap and easy - almost all my children know how to cook and drain pasta by themselves.

They fit better in the pot. =)

Also, if you break the up inside the package, no little pieces flying on the floor for the dogs to fight over.

ETA: No fighting over who got more if each kid gets their own package.

We like them too.

Cook, remove water, add some plain cream cheese and 1/2 the seasoning packet. YUM!!

Too bad I already ate lunch. I'm hungry again.

Love them because they're cheap and cook super fast - much faster than pasta. Practically lived on them in college because you could cook them in a hot pot (we didn't have a microwave in our room)

Toss out the flavor pack if you want to save the sodium overload and season with pretty much anything you like.

They're also good rinsed and cold in a salad tossed with a vinaigerette. Toss with some freshly shredded cabbage and sliced almonds and make a snazzy cole slaw.

Delish!

• 4 weeks later...

Throw away the flavor packet and any dehydrated veggies they come with.

Cook the noodles as you normally would

Mix together 1 tspn peanut butter, 1tsp honey, 1/2 tsp soy sauce and add Srirancha sauce to taste.

Thai noodles in spicy peanut sauce!!!!

That actually sounds really good. I need to try that recipe. Thanks

My preferred method is to crush the noodles in the package to small bits place in a bowl with the seasoning and just barely cover with water. Then they are microwaved for 3 minutes. Stir and done, quick and simple. By the way TJ taught me this method about 25 years ago gotta love big brothers!