A Fiend Looks at Fifty-A TCD Birthday Trip Report

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s hard to believe. 50. A half century. I remember when I thought 30 was old. Then I thought 40 was old. It turns out that neither really is. But 50? There is no doubt that is old. And, I will hit t

Great Rocky pics! I especially love Tetherball Rocky! He definitely needs one at home, what a great way for him to get some exercise. I can't begin to tell you how many times that same thing has happe

Happy Birthday Andrew! I don't care if he is personable or not...that new Six Bits looks just wrong to me. He's so wrong that he's not even Bix Sits. From here on out, I am referring to him at Dip

First I would like to talk about southern squirrels vs. northern squirrels. I have not seen either one eat a pine cone like that, BTW. The squirrels up north are much bigger than ours, and they have black ones! Big fuzzy black ones! (At least in NY they do)

They also have chipmunks...real ones, not the Chip & Dale kind. I tried to get a picture of one, but those little suckers are fast. I don't think Florida has chipmunks...well, except for Chip & Dale. ::)

"Bears" is not just a teenage slang thing, as even I know what a bear is! They are also usually big & fuzzy...and fairy like. I'm glad that you didn't piss them off.

South Dakota has ground squirrels that look similar to chipmunks and I have pictures of them....somewhere.

Don't know about the "Bears" the only ones I've seen (that I know of) are the ones that California puts on their bridges (thank goodness!).

If it's not, I just hope it's not like the term someone introduced me to in chat the other night! :dropjaw:

Don't know about the "Bears" the only ones I've seen (that I know of) are the ones that California puts on their bridges (thank goodness!).

If it's not, I just hope it's not like the term someone introduced me to in chat the other night! :dropjaw:

I'm assuming the "bears" the twins were talking about were burly, manly men, usually hairy, who um.....enjoy each others company, more than the company of a lady.

Did you find some fiends? Or did rocky decided to eat the fairies you aren't supposed to mess with?

No and no.

But those are good guesses.

:hah: That's gotta be the funniest thing you've ever said to me!

Well I thought it was funny that you said you were blushing at something that I posted.

First I would like to talk about southern squirrels vs. northern squirrels. I have not seen either one eat a pine cone like that, BTW. The squirrels up north are much bigger than ours, and they have black ones! Big fuzzy black ones! (At least in NY they do)

They also have chipmunks...real ones, not the Chip & Dale kind. I tried to get a picture of one, but those little suckers are fast. I don't think Florida has chipmunks...well, except for Chip & Dale. ::)

"Bears" is not just a teenage slang thing, as even I know what a bear is! They are also usually big & fuzzy...and fairy like. I'm glad that you didn't piss them off.

1. Don't the squirrels out your way eat pine cones? The ones by me do. They really seem to like them.

2. I have never seen a chipmunk, other than Chip and Dale, in Florida either.

3. I know what a bear is. I was pretending I didn't because I didn't want to piss off the fairies. And, for the record, I was just having a little fun. There are all kinds of people who enjoy camping. From all walks of life, And, I don't judge any of them. They are all welcome at the Fort, and they are all welcome here.

South Dakota has ground squirrels that look similar to chipmunks and I have pictures of them....somewhere.

S70 has the definition right in her next post, below:

I'm assuming the "bears" the twins were talking about were burly, manly men, usually hairy, who um.....enjoy each others company, more than the company of a lady.

Yep, that's what they were talking about. They said one of them looked like the Papa Bear guy on the current season of Survivor. They were hoping for two ladies, or at least two stylish men. But they just saw the bears. Not that there is anything wrong with bears. (Remember we must not piss off the fairies).

And BTW, I have seen that camper at the Fort before.

For all I know, those bears read FF.net. And, if they do, I hope they feel welcome here.

TCD

birthday-mickey.gif....and welcome to the club from one who's also on the other side of 50!!

As usual....lovin' your trip report. Your girls are growing up so beautiful...I can see they take after Mrs. TCD! :heart:

Rocky sure is getting big and hansom...my little taco dogs would be hors d'oeuvres for him!!

Is it Halloween yet??? Maybe we'll get to meet you sometime.

Looking forward to the next installment.... :popcorn:

What The Fort?

The guy looked like a young Woody Allen. Only nerdier.

THAT was our Six Bits?

TCD

The new Spits Dip (Six Bits) looks like a young Bill Gates in the photo with his hat off - and you don't get any nerdier than that!

It dawned on me who Dip Shits reminds me of. The geeky elf from Rudolph.

1285218228206124873016.jpeg

So, Spits Dip is a combination of Woody Allen, Bill Gates and the geeky Elf (from Rudolph)! :facepalm:

Maybe someone with mad photoshop skills can blend those three to see what we get :barf:

Hope your special day was AWESOME!!! Love your trip reports as always, eagerly awaiting more...

Nancy

Thanks for checking in and for the birthday wishes.

Not to worry, there is plenty more to come.

You had to go and remind me about how much I hate Lemonaid Mouth. But I am glad to see that they haven't bothered to have a professionally printed sign made. Maybe this showing was just a one time thing. And maybe they did it just to piss me off.

Mission accomplished, Fort management. Mission accomplished.

Dave- Unfortunately, Yuri did not stop by on this trip, so the Fort's copy of Lemonade Mouth still exists. Hopefully, it won't be back in the rotatation. But, if it does show up again, I will see what I can arrange to put a stop to it.

birthday-mickey.gif....and welcome to the club from one who's also on the other side of 50!!

As usual....lovin' your trip report. Your girls are growing up so beautiful...I can see they take after Mrs. TCD! :heart:

Rocky sure is getting big and hansom...my little taco dogs would be hors d'oeuvres for him!!

Is it Halloween yet??? Maybe we'll get to meet you sometime.

Looking forward to the next installment.... :popcorn:

Thanks.

I am going to do my best to get to the Fort on Halloween, so hopefully we wil get a chance to meet then.

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday Dear Andrew.....

Happy Birthday to you!!! :heart:

Thanks, S70!

Today is the big day!

I wonder how many times I am going to hear that song today.

It dawned on me who Dip Shits reminds me of. The geeky elf from Rudolph.

1285218228206124873016.jpeg

Yeah, you're right.

But the ears aren't quite right.

So, Spits Dip is a combination of Woody Allen, Bill Gates and the geeky Elf (from Rudolph)! :facepalm:

Maybe someone with mad photoshop skills can blend those three to see what we get :barf:

I'm not sure that I want to see that!

I think he is definitely mostly Bill Gates- but he also has a big touch of Woody Allen's nebbishness.

TCD

Geez! I really fell behind on my TR reading! All caught up on this one now! :)

A dog kennel with a giant flat screen? All I can say is.. LUCKY DOG!

I agree with you about the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It's a lot of fun but the $$$$ is way expensive. That's why we haven't been since1997. However, you had a great Happy Birthday dinner and show while being surrounded by 4 lovely ladies. Not to mention the ditzy blonde who was digging you. :) I love, love, love the HDDR family photo.

Love all the Rocky photos but my fave is the first one of him staring down the deer. That one looks like it should be in a hunting magazine or something.

Squirrels eat pine cones where I live.

Great report Andrew! Looking forward to more.. Hopefully i won't fall behind again.

Just to type it on the correct day -

Happy Birthday to you

You live in a Zoo

You smell like a Monkey

And You ACT/SMELL like one too.

(altered it especially for you)

May the next 50 be filled with as many Fort Trips as possible!

Thanks!

That brought a tear to my eye.

Especially the custom alteration!

I hope I have 50 more years of Fort trips left in me!

Happy 29th Birthday!!

Ah, a fellow apple polisher!

Flattery will get you everywhere!

But, I'm not sure what I have to give you.

Happy Birthday!!

Thanks!

Happy Birthday TCD!

I had an 0 birthday this year too!

I haven't been checking in that often but I wanted to say Happy Birthday and great report as always!

WBI

Wow, Nick!

The big Two-Oh!

You aren't a teenager anymore!!

Way to go!

j/k- I hope all is well with you and the CP.

The big day is coming up, right?

Weren't y'all at POR and FW over Labor Day? If so, you owe us a TR. How about just a little one?

TCD

Weren't y'all at POR and FW over Labor Day? If so, you owe us a TR. How about just a little one?

TCD

Speaking of trip reports? tap.gif

Last installment: 4:27 yesterday

I know it's your Birthday and all, but can I get a little something here? Come on, throw me a bone.

We left off with Rocky and I hanging out on Saturday morning while the TCD princesses slept in.

Everyone was still asleep when we got back from our golf cart ride.

So, that meant it was time for us to go for a walk along the canal next to the 1500 loop.

We walked up toward the 1800 loop.

Here we are near the 1800 loop, looking toward the 1600 loop:

100_3030.jpg

This photo was taken from the same spot, but turned a bit from the FW side of the canal, and looking across. I could swear that the trees seem to have been thinned out over here, but I haven't found a photo to compare:

100_3031.jpg

I'm going to keep looking, though.

The sites that back up to the canal on the 1800 loop are very deep:

100_3033.jpg

I thought these tree roots looked interesting. The fact that they are above the ground like this tells us that this area is often flooded:

100_3034.jpg

I really like cypress trees, and there are a lot of nice tall ones back here:

100_3035.jpg

Just look at that sky!

What a beautiful morning it was!

After our walk, Rocky and I went back to camp again.

Everyone was still asleep.

So, we figured we would pay a visit to the dog park.

People must be awake and moving about by now. Maybe there would be some dogs there for Rocky to play with.

Here is Rocky at the dog park:

100_3037.jpg

Unfortunately, we had it to ourselves.

That didn't stop Rocky from running around:

100_3038.jpg

100_3039.jpg

100_3040.jpg

He kept looking hopefully for another dog to come and join him:

100_3042.jpg

And he ran some more:

100_3044.jpg

A bus came by:

100_3048.jpg

And Rocky chased it. There he is over by the gate:

100_3049.jpg

And then Rocky ran back:

100_3050.jpg

We were running out of ideas.

Then, a group of girls came up to the outside of the fence and admired Rocky.

He likes attention.

The girls went over to the tetherball court right outside of the dog park and began to play.

Rocky went over and watched them.

He wanted to go play with them.

So, we went over to the tetherball court.

And Rocky put on a little show of his tetherball skills:

100_3053.jpg

I know that it is illegal to grab the rope with your hand, but I am not sure it is against the rules to bite the rope. Rocky didn't seem to think so.

Here you can see how well Rocky keeps his eye on the ball:

100_3054.jpg

Here is one of Rocky's famous jumps:

100_3056.jpg

And, Rocky playing:

100_3058.jpg

The girls all thought Rocky was great.

Then he noticed that one of them had left her flip flops there next to the sand.

Rocky is notorious for stealing flip flops.

He went over and stole one:

100_3059.jpg

I didn't get a photo of the mayhem that ensued, because I was too busy chasing Rocky trying to get the girl's flip flop back. After he figured that I had run around enough, he dropped the flip flop, and all was well.

We hopped on the cart to head back. But first, we looped around the 500 loop. I liked this custom truck tent, so I took a couple photos:

100_3060.jpg

100_3061.jpg

I still have to ask myself why anyone would pay for a premium site if he is just tent camping? Look how close these sites are to each other. I would much rather be on the 1500 loop, and it's a lot cheaper than a premium site, too.

When we got back to camp, Mrs. TCD was up and enjoying a cup of coffee.

I know better than to post a photo of her from the morning.

Rocky and I thought she looked great, but I know she wouldn't appreciate me taking her photo.

I put Rocky on his chain, and started making breakfast.

Here is Rocky chilling at the site:

100_3062.jpg

Rocky loves him some dirt:

100_3065.jpg

It didn't take Rocky long to start with the digging.

It's one of his hobbies.

He loves to dig little holes where he thinks we might walk.

He likes to see if he can trip us.

Here he is starting the excavation project, look close and you can see the dirt flying:

100_3070.jpg

100_3071.jpg

100_3072.jpg

There was still a bit of water dripping off of the tarp from the previous day's rain. Rocky thought that water was much better than what I had put out for him in his bowl:

100_3073.jpg

100_3074.jpg

The TCD twins got up as I was preparing breakfast. Rocky was happy to see them:

100_3075.jpg

We had a great breakfast, and hung out talking and joking around.

Then we did some looping, and discussed our plans for the day.

Mrs. TCD was going to head home with Rocky at around lunch time, and the girls and I would be hanging out at the Fort, or hitting a park. We hadn't decided yet.

Coming up . . .some more photos from our morning, including more Rocky and an interesting family we ran in to.

TCD