A Fiend Looks at Fifty-A TCD Birthday Trip Report

A. Jedi has never tried Tetherball, but he does like to leap at trees and try to rip branches off them. The only difference I can see is that the branches are stationary and the tetherball moves. We're going to have to give it a go!

B. I live in PA and we have lots of squirrels around, but I've never seen one eating a pinecone.

C. DS saw the riding coolers and has deemed them absolutely necessary for our next camping trip! But at $450 a pop, I think I might just set my Coleman on his electric scooter and see if it's the same effect.

A. It sounds like Jedi will like tetherball. Let me know if he does. If he does, please bring him to the Fort. I am thinking there might be a winning America's Funniest Home video entry if I can video two dogs playing each other in tetherball. Rocky and Jedi could also work together on some good hole digging.

B. Thanks for the pine cone report. I had never seen a squirrel eat a pine cone until I moved to Florida, but I am willing to admit that I wasn't much into observing squirels when I lived in NJ. And, truthfully, I don't really care that much about it now.

C. You are a genius! You just gave me a great idea. I have three old electric scooters gathering dust and rust in my garage. I just need an old cooler and a big roll of duct tape, and I am in business. I don't know if any of those old scooters still work, but if they do, look for me at the Fort. I am not kidding. I'll take photos if I do it.

:whew: Thanks for backing me up! Maybe it's not a matter of north vs. south squirrels, but a matter of taste? I don't like sushi, but as we just read, TCD was going to have sushi. We're both originally from the north, and now both live in the south. I think we can just safely say that some squirrels enjoy pine cones, while others prefer acorns!

You could be right about the pine cones. Mrs. TCD really likes the pine nuts that they put on salads at Bonefish Grill. So, we have tried to find the same ones in the store. It turns out that they only harvest these from certain kinds of pine trees, and they have distinct tastes. Who knew?

About the sushi- I was never a big fan. I tried it years ago when it first became trendy. I thought it was nasty. Then, my DD's have started eating it because it is popular among teens. That lead to me trying it again. It turns out that a lot of sushi is made with fully cooked seafood- not raw. So, a spicy shrimp roll, which is an item I like, is just fried shrimp rolled up in rice. You should try it.

Nice update TCD. That is surely an impressive dole whip, you have taught those girls well. Dave is going to feel so inadequate. ;)

I can't take any credit for teaching them. I have a sister who used to work in an ice cream shop. When she visited with her kids a few years back, we took all the cousins to Captain Cook's for Dole Whip. My sister put on quite the Dole Whip construction demonstration. I still do a terrible job when I try it, but one of the twins is a true artist!

And, I was going to leave Dave out of this. He is kind of sensitive and touchy about people mocking his Dole Whip skills. Or lack thereof.

I doubt you will see me having a dole whip or flatbread at 4:00am, as I will be enjoying a morning cup of coffee. If you're ever up at that hour, you're welcome to come have one with me instead of waiting for Trails End to open.

I was recently up at 4 am, but I hadn't been to bed yet.

I'll keep your offer in mind if there's ever a 3 am EMH at the MK and we are staying at the Fort at the same time.

TCD

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s hard to believe. 50. A half century. I remember when I thought 30 was old. Then I thought 40 was old. It turns out that neither really is. But 50? There is no doubt that is old. And, I will hit t

Great Rocky pics! I especially love Tetherball Rocky! He definitely needs one at home, what a great way for him to get some exercise. I can't begin to tell you how many times that same thing has happe

Happy Birthday Andrew! I don't care if he is personable or not...that new Six Bits looks just wrong to me. He's so wrong that he's not even Bix Sits. From here on out, I am referring to him at Dip

It looks like I have time for a real short installment.

This will bring us through Saturday night.

We left on Sunday. But don't worry, the morning was quite eventful.

Don't forget, I promised to tell you about 6 new things I found at the Fort. I have only told you about two so far (in case your forgot-it was the new sign on the drink machine, and the sweet tea dispenser at Trail's End).

And, I also promised some photos of something many of you have wanted to see but never have.

That will all still be coming up.

But, let's wrap up Saturday evening.

After our delightful meal at the Polynesian, we hopped the monorail to the MK.

Again, no problems.

We got to MK and headed to Tomorrowland first. It seems like that is what we always do.

We cut through Tommorowland Terrace. They had the dessert buffet set up. I got a chance to get a good look at it. I wasn't impressed. These aren't the best photos, but they might give you and idea what to expect:

100_3174.jpg

100_3175.jpg

It was a little after 8. They were still giving out fastpasses at Space Mountain. So I got some. The return time was 8:45. Nice.

We went to Laugh Floor.

I expected to be chosen to be That Guy.

But, they picked an old clueless guy this time.

I had to admit, I would have picked him too.

We love the Laugh Floor.

Then we rode the Peoplemover.

And then our fastpasses were already good. So Space Mountain it was. That darned hidden camera caught us completely unaware again:

100_3177.jpg

From Space Mountain, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion.

The park wasn't very crowded at all.

After Haunted Mansion, the girls wanted to do some shopping. They were going to wear princess stuff to school one day for some homecoming event, so they wanted princess tiaras. We shopped in the big gift shop on Main Street. Man, there is a lot of stuff in there!

The girls found what they were looking for. We then all asked each other-what next? The MK was closing at 11. It was a bit after 10. We were right near the exit. We all voted to bail. So we did.

Since our transportation had been perfect all evening, sure enough, the FW boat was waiting for us as we walked up.

Amazing.

We loaded up and headed out. It was a pretty night, so we sat up front.

The EWP was heading back as we headed toward the Fort:

100_3178.jpg

We actually drove right past it:

100_3184.jpg

We were so close, that I could actually see the boat driver captain in the last boat. I took a photo of that, but you can't see him:

100_3190.jpg

I thought about doing my buddy Lou a favor and jumping off and swimming over and hijacking the EWP. But, I couldn't really think of a good idea as to what I would do after I hijacked it. so, I stayed put.

It was kind of quiet when we got back to the Fort. There really wasn't much going on. Of course, we did some looping, but there wasn't anything to see.

We turned in around midnight.

I would be up early in the morning to make my final rounds before packing up.

As I already mentioned, I ended up seeing a lot more than I expected to.

TCD

I no longer have any words to say about Lou and the EWP. I do have to say those are some mighty pretty pictures of the EWP.

I also have to say you have answered several of my rally planning questions in this thread.... Hoop and Tomorrowland Terrace deserts.

I just wish you could figure out "exactly" where the camera was on Space Mountain....:rofl2:

100_3184.jpg

Curses on you. May the fleas from a thousand camels infest your............... I better stop it there.

I thought about doing my buddy Lou a favor and jumping off and swimming over and hijacking the EWP. But, I couldn't really think of a good idea as to what I would do after I hijacked it. so, I stayed put.

Thanks anyways. It's the thought that counts.

Ok, if I've learned nothing from the past year is you can't read TCD out of order, so I have been trying to get the time to catch up.. Today was the day. A few thoughts (no particular order):

I have been on the fence about HDDR, I have to decide for my family of seven which route to go, HDDR OR MNSHHP. I'm thinking we will do the Halloween party. That truely is a lot of $$$. The only time availalbe for the day we were thinking about going is 9:30pm. Kids will be cranky and the heart burn I'm sure to endure of eating at that hour is great. I have to say, I imagined the six bits guy a little differently, that guy DEFINATLEY needs to eat some fried chicken, and maybe a meatball sandwich..

I noticed that the fairy freak people had lots of decoration on the grass.. as you may remember I'm having a little anxiety about fitting everything on my site, I was going to leave my blow up Haunted House at home, but it would appear that I can utitilze the area behind my site marker without drama.. maybe?

Not sure why anyone would go to all that trouble to tent camp for one night, I can see throwing up the tent, but looks like they went all out with the Canopy and lights and all. They must have more patience and energy than I do. Also, not a huge fan of the Truck tents.. they have lights and a clothes line attached, what if you had to move in a hurry??

Rocky is simply awesome. That is all you can say about that. The mom dropping the F bomb at Katherine Margaret made a good attempt at self redemption with the bacon, but I still believe she needs to be smacked in the mouth.

I'm glad Mrs. TCD has trained you to know better than posting a early morning pic. I'm with her on that one, I do not authorize photographs before 9:00 am. I'm sure that is written somewhere.

I hope your birthday was a great one!! I personally dont do birthdays, nothing good can come of them. However, your mater hat was awesome, not sure what the TCD twins were thinking with the Justin Beiber ballons.. I'm sure there is a story there. But I have to say wow, your DD has grown a bunch since the 2009 pic, your little girls are growing up!!

I personally am thrilled to find out there is somewhere to get Dole Whip 24 hours a day. I will keep this in mind after the kiddos are sleeping and I need a snack :rofl2:

And, I also promised some photos of something many of you have wanted to see but never have.

TCD

It's the Mark Spitz look-alike speedo pics, right? :jumpforjoy

I couldn't think of a better way to end this report.

Thanks for not hijacking the EWP. I don't go to watch it very much anymore, but I love laying in bed listening to the music.

I have finaly gotten caught up. Great TR as ussual. I did have a few comments thus far.

First one, you spend allot of time at the Polynesian. With Mrs Devores working there and the leering over 4th of July, Im begining to wonder if there is some stalking going on.

I did know about the 24hour CS at the Poly. Ive used it numerous times but only for a late night Dole Whip run when picking Mrs Devores up after work. I cannnot stand the pizzas there so there isnt much more to get that late at night.

Ive also had the "pleasure" of doing the desert party. It is not worth the price and you can get better views of the fireworks from other areas. So if anyone is thinking of doing this, save your money. Get a few cupcakes from the main street bakery and sit in the little area next to the desert party and you will have the same experience with more money in your pocket.

I also have to agree that the HDDR is good, but expensive so is only reserved for special occasions. We have not been in a while, and your report has me longing to go again. So I may have to spend my birthday there this year. I wont quite be that old, but am pushing it.

As for the EWP. Im sure this isnt anything new, but if you ride the monorail around from the GF and look out the left side, you can see where they park the boats. I always mean to snap a photo of it, but seem to get distracted until its too late.

KFK-

Glad that you are caught up.

Thanks for the SC squirrel info.

Isn't it strange that squirrels eat pine cones in Orlando and the Tampa Bay area, and SC, but not in Inverness, Florida where S70 lives?

I hope that you don't fall behind again, too!

TCD

Maybe Florida pine cones don't taste as good. SC is famous for it's Carolina Pines.

When we got back to camp, Mrs. TCD was up and enjoying a cup of coffee.

I know better than to post a photo of her from the morning.

Rocky and I thought she looked great, but I know she wouldn't appreciate me taking her photo.

Now THAT is the wisdom of Solomon if ever I've seen it! H didn't display such wisdom on our vacation but the photo made it into the TR so I guess I got over it by the time we got home. :D

We saw one of those rolling coolers last year but like dummies didn't get a photo! We called it the motorcooler.

And, I was going to leave Dave out of this. He is kind of sensitive and touchy about people mocking his Dole Whip skills. Or lack thereof.

You left me out of this because you know I always point out that you rely on your girls to demonstrate good Dole Whip skills. I have yet to see a photo of an impressive Dole Whip that you personally dispensed.

One of these days you and I are going to have a Dole Whip contest. Sadly, they will be the two most pathetic looking Dole Whips ever.

Absolutley loving the TR!!

TCD I hope you had a magical birthday on your birthday!!! Happy 5-0!!!

I was on the fence too about the HDDR, but I really do want to see the show at least once, and with the dining plan it won't feel quite like spending sooo much money for it. Your love of the show has locked it up for me. We will be celebrating my Dad's 75th birthday there the night we go. Judy, if you haven't done the MNSSHP yet you will have a ball!!! We have done it twice and have opted not to do it this time. Something had to go to keep me on budget. Wish we could but next time.

Looking forward to the rest of the TR, and the next TR and the next!!

As usual, I'm enjoying this TCD trip report. Love Rocky, but after living with a laid-back beagle for so many years, I don't know if I could handle a dog with so much energy!

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Oh yeah........

Happy Birthday, and welcome to the club. (the over 50 club, of course 8) .)

OK, sorry I haven't replied sooner, but I've been busy with that whole "real world" thing that punishes you for being on vacation for a week.

As far as not saying hello... I saw you Sunday morning and realized it was you. Mrs TCD and one twin had thrown me off the day before. I thought, "Well, I thought that was a TCD twin, but now she's with her mom and there's just one, so I must be wrong. And then I thought I would look for your TV on my way out, but missed you because you were right next to me and I was trying not to run over children. When I did see you Sunday morning, I was about to go shower. When I got back and ready to leave for AK it was quiet and 10:30 and your PUP was still setup, so I figured you were staying Sunday night. When I got back Sunday afternoon you were gone and replaced with much less pleasant neighbors. More on that in my TR.

And as far as the loud yelling neighbors, I didn't hear them. I wasn't around much on Saturday since I had friends in the 200 loop and other friends in town. They must have been sound asleep when I got back late that night. There was more to hear on Sunday night, though. And it involved the local law enforcement. I'll tell you all about that in my TR.

Glad you had a good trip. Happy Belated Birthday!

OK, sorry I haven't replied sooner, but I've been busy with that whole "real world" thing that punishes you for being on vacation for a week.

As far as not saying hello... I saw you Sunday morning and realized it was you. Mrs TCD and one twin had thrown me off the day before. I thought, "Well, I thought that was a TCD twin, but now she's with her mom and there's just one, so I must be wrong. And then I thought I would look for your TV on my way out, but missed you because you were right next to me and I was trying not to run over children. When I did see you Sunday morning, I was about to go shower. When I got back and ready to leave for AK it was quiet and 10:30 and your PUP was still setup, so I figured you were staying Sunday night. When I got back Sunday afternoon you were gone and replaced with much less pleasant neighbors. More on that in my TR.

And as far as the loud yelling neighbors, I didn't hear them. I wasn't around much on Saturday since I had friends in the 200 loop and other friends in town. They must have been sound asleep when I got back late that night. There was more to hear on Sunday night, though. And it involved the local law enforcement. I'll tell you all about that in my TR.

:popcorn:

This sounds interesting!!

Well better late than never!! This day job of mine is seriously cutting into my TR time. :argh:

First off HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY TCD!!

Love Rocky's appearance in this TR. Most of the border collies I know are big fans of tether ball too. In fact friends of ours installed one in their yard JUST for the dogs. Gotta say though, their golden is the champ and will actually swing off the thing by his teeth!

Bummer about the obnoxious dog park dogs. Sadly it happens a lot. We usually rally our gang down to one end of the dog park so we stay out of the way, but that doesn't do anything when clueless people let their rude dogs just do whatever the heck they want. Of course they're usually in for a big surprise when the Wonder Twins (aka Bz and Lyn) put on their snarkiest faces and tell even the biggest rude dogs to "take it elsewhere buddy!"

Bummer about the Kona sushi bar. We ran into a large family with kids there last year ourselves. None of them ordered sushi. Stinks for those of us that actually want to.

Gotta say that was one veeeeeery impressive Dole Whip!! You've trained your DDs well. Now I have something to shoot for in a few weeks. ;)

Looking forward to the rest of your report and really hoping you'll make it by Halloween - even if just for the weekend. I hear tell that the Fort will be virtually INFESTED with Fiends.

Us included :jumpforjoy

Ok, if I've learned nothing from the past year is you can't read TCD out of order, so I have been trying to get the time to catch up.. Today was the day. A few thoughts (no particular order):

I have been on the fence about HDDR, I have to decide for my family of seven which route to go, HDDR OR MNSHHP. I'm thinking we will do the Halloween party. That truely is a lot of $$$. The only time availalbe for the day we were thinking about going is 9:30pm. Kids will be cranky and the heart burn I'm sure to endure of eating at that hour is great. I have to say, I imagined the six bits guy a little differently, that guy DEFINATLEY needs to eat some fried chicken, and maybe a meatball sandwich..

I noticed that the fairy freak people had lots of decoration on the grass.. as you may remember I'm having a little anxiety about fitting everything on my site, I was going to leave my blow up Haunted House at home, but it would appear that I can utitilze the area behind my site marker without drama.. maybe?

Not sure why anyone would go to all that trouble to tent camp for one night, I can see throwing up the tent, but looks like they went all out with the Canopy and lights and all. They must have more patience and energy than I do. Also, not a huge fan of the Truck tents.. they have lights and a clothes line attached, what if you had to move in a hurry??

Rocky is simply awesome. That is all you can say about that. The mom dropping the F bomb at Katherine Margaret made a good attempt at self redemption with the bacon, but I still believe she needs to be smacked in the mouth.

I'm glad Mrs. TCD has trained you to know better than posting a early morning pic. I'm with her on that one, I do not authorize photographs before 9:00 am. I'm sure that is written somewhere.

I hope your birthday was a great one!! I personally dont do birthdays, nothing good can come of them. However, your mater hat was awesome, not sure what the TCD twins were thinking with the Justin Beiber ballons.. I'm sure there is a story there. But I have to say wow, your DD has grown a bunch since the 2009 pic, your little girls are growing up!!

I personally am thrilled to find out there is somewhere to get Dole Whip 24 hours a day. I will keep this in mind after the kiddos are sleeping and I need a snack :rofl2:

Wow- good job on paying attention through the whole report!

A couple of responses to your comments:

1. Regarding your HDDR vs. MNSSHP question, I would go with MNSSHP. I love the HDDR, but it is grossly overpriced. You can get the equivalent amount of food for your family be ordering a take out chicken dinner from Trail's End for $25. The show is good, but it's not geared toward young children. There are a lot of puns that will probably fly right over their heads. Also, with a MNSSHP ticket, you can enter the MK at 4 pm. That potentially gives you 8 hours of fun in the MK vs. an hour and forty five minutes at the HDDR. For what it's worth, we hadn't been to the HDDR in five years before this visit. But, we have been to the MNSSHP every year. And, I have shelled out the extra $$$ for it even though we are passholders. That should tell you something.

2. As for your question about whether you can decorate in the area next to your site, the answer has always been yes. Allegedly, new rules are on the way, but I spoke to one of my reliable sources, and no new rules have been communicated. The guy who I referred to as the Thriller guy had a big display last year, and already has most of his display up for this year. So far, no one has said anything to him. So bring the inflatable haunted house.

It's the Mark Spitz look-alike speedo pics, right? :jumpforjoy

I couldn't think of a better way to end this report.

Thanks for not hijacking the EWP. I don't go to watch it very much anymore, but I love laying in bed listening to the music.

Sorry, S70, but not this time.

The mystery photos are a lot less tame than that.

I have finaly gotten caught up. Great TR as ussual. I did have a few comments thus far.

First one, you spend allot of time at the Polynesian. With Mrs Devores working there and the leering over 4th of July, Im begining to wonder if there is some stalking going on.

I did know about the 24hour CS at the Poly. Ive used it numerous times but only for a late night Dole Whip run when picking Mrs Devores up after work. I cannnot stand the pizzas there so there isnt much more to get that late at night.

Ive also had the "pleasure" of doing the desert party. It is not worth the price and you can get better views of the fireworks from other areas. So if anyone is thinking of doing this, save your money. Get a few cupcakes from the main street bakery and sit in the little area next to the desert party and you will have the same experience with more money in your pocket.

I also have to agree that the HDDR is good, but expensive so is only reserved for special occasions. We have not been in a while, and your report has me longing to go again. So I may have to spend my birthday there this year. I wont quite be that old, but am pushing it.

As for the EWP. Im sure this isnt anything new, but if you ride the monorail around from the GF and look out the left side, you can see where they park the boats. I always mean to snap a photo of it, but seem to get distracted until its too late.

1. No comment on the stalking Mrs. Devores question.

2. Here's a photo of the EWP storage facility. We were once on a monorail that got stopped there for a while, which allowed me to get this pic:

FW6508079.jpg

We saw one of those rolling coolers last year but like dummies didn't get a photo! We called it the motorcooler.

Did you see the motorcooler at the Fort?

I saw one there once before I saw this bunch. It was on NYE one year. Way after midnight. There was a guy driving one that had another hitched behind it like a trailer. He was on the motorized cooler, his girlfriend was on the trailer. We saw them around the Meadow Trading Post, heading toward the Settlement. We were out looping around, and actually passed him again several minutes later. He had run out of juice, and he riding along, pushing with his feet. The girlfriend didn't look too happy.

I wonder if that boat accident was caused by the new boat driver I heard about? About 2 days before you arrived I overheard the captain of our boat ( from FW to MK) talking to one of his crew about the new boat driver starting that day. That would explain it ! lol

I'll bet you're right.

It wasn't windy, and it was still light. There was no reason for that boat to hit anything.

You left me out of this because you know I always point out that you rely on your girls to demonstrate good Dole Whip skills. I have yet to see a photo of an impressive Dole Whip that you personally dispensed.

One of these days you and I are going to have a Dole Whip contest. Sadly, they will be the two most pathetic looking Dole Whips ever.

You are right.

And, I accept your challenge.

Let's agree not to take any photos.

Brent, no worries.

Now that I know what your set-up looks like, we will definitely talk the next time we are at the Fort at the same time.

I hope you get your report started soon, I want to hear about the "incident."

Well better late than never!! This day job of mine is seriously cutting into my TR time. :argh:

First off HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY TCD!!

Love Rocky's appearance in this TR. Most of the border collies I know are big fans of tether ball too. In fact friends of ours installed one in their yard JUST for the dogs. Gotta say though, their golden is the champ and will actually swing off the thing by his teeth!

Bummer about the obnoxious dog park dogs. Sadly it happens a lot. We usually rally our gang down to one end of the dog park so we stay out of the way, but that doesn't do anything when clueless people let their rude dogs just do whatever the heck they want. Of course they're usually in for a big surprise when the Wonder Twins (aka Bz and Lyn) put on their snarkiest faces and tell even the biggest rude dogs to "take it elsewhere buddy!"

Bummer about the Kona sushi bar. We ran into a large family with kids there last year ourselves. None of them ordered sushi. Stinks for those of us that actually want to.

Gotta say that was one veeeeeery impressive Dole Whip!! You've trained your DDs well. Now I have something to shoot for in a few weeks. ;)

Looking forward to the rest of your report and really hoping you'll make it by Halloween - even if just for the weekend. I hear tell that the Fort will be virtually INFESTED with Fiends.

Us included :jumpforjoy

Monique- I am doing my best to get by the Fort for Halloween. And, even if we can't make it for the 31st, I am going to try to at least be there on the 28th and 29th. I have a few things to work out- so we will see.

TCD

Way back at the beginning of this report, I promised to fill you in on a solved mystery.

And, then there was some foreshadowing relating to the old cabin behind the 300 loop.

Now, as your reward for reading this far in to a TCD trip report, we will have what is called the big reveal.

It's now Sunday morning.

We have already had a great weekend.

But, I still am up with the sun to take one last look around before starting to pack up.

It will come as no surprise that I began my rounds behind the 300 loop.

I was hoping to catch the new TCD RMOG's out on their boat.

But, no such luck.

I did, however, get a good luck at all their crap still sitting out by the canal:

100_3191.jpg

Here is a photo looking in the other direction:

100_3192.jpg

I was about to head on from here when two bucks walked out of the woods right on the other side of the bridge. They were startled to see me, and they quickly ducked back in to the woods. They both had big sets of antlers. I have never seen a buck at the Fort, and now I saw two. But, it all happened so quick I didn't get a photo.

I knew it was a long shot, but I walked across the bridge and toward the old cabin. Maybe the bucks were hiding in the brush around there, and I could get a photo. I stayed still and quiet for a while, but heard nothing. They were gone.

Since I was over here anyway, I got a photo of the old cabin:

100_3193.jpg

It hadn't been that long since my last visit, and it didn't look like anything had changed around here. Everything was still boarded up.

I do like the view from here, though, so I stopped to admire it:

100_3194.jpg

Let's try that one more time without the branch along the top:

100_3195.jpg

If you look carefully, you can see that there is a huge crane over there at the MK between the castle and Space Mountain. We had seen it the night before. It is behind the construction fence for the Fantasyland expansion. It is really tall. I'm not sure why it's there, but I guess we will find out soon enough once they start using it.

For some reason, before I left, I decided to look around the cabin.

I noticed that the window on the side away from Bay Lake was not boarded up. I thought that it was the last time I was out this way:

100_3222.jpg

And not only was the window not boarded, but it looks like the curtains may be parted.

That would be a big deal if it was true.

That cabin has been back here for years.

Everyone always speculates about what is in the cabin.

But nobody has ever been able to say.

The windows were always covered.

But maybe today the mystery will be solved.

I took a look in the window.

The sun had barely risen, and there still was not much sunlight.

And, since all of the other windows were boarded up, it was really dark inside the cabin.

So, I really couldn't see much.

But I could see something.

Namely that it looked like the window latches were unlocked.

I tried the window.

It slid up!

It was still dark as can be inside the cabin. But, I could hold my camera inside and take photos with my flash.

That worked!

And now, we will all see what mysteries have been held inside that cabin for all of these years.

Here is the first shot:

100_3196.jpg

I know.

Not what I expected either.

I was hoping for Melvin the Moose.

Or a box of kazoos.

Or at least a skeleton or something.

But, it was just some plastic chairs, an old bookshelf with a lot of bug spray, and some kind of rack with equipment on it.

Here's a closer look at this corner of the cabin:

100_3197.jpg

You can see in the corner that there is a container that has a bunch of cleaning equipment like a duster, squeegees, and brooms. And there's a small fan on the shelves and wires and extension cords on the rack.

Here we are panned to the left. That's the front door of the cabin on the left of the photo, and you can also see another plastic chair, bookshelf, and a broom:

100_3198.jpg

Now we are turned even more to the left, and looking at the other side of the front door. Here we can see that the windows are boarded up from the inside as well. The piece of equipment in the foreground is a pressure cleaner. You can see that it hasn't been used in a long time:

100_3199.jpg

This is a shot taken looking straight into the cabin from the window. Here we see that the rack has a pair of speakers mounted on it:

100_3200.jpg

Here's another look at those speakers:

100_3204.jpg

And, here's another look at the corner near the front door. Here we can see that there is a ladder leaned up against the shelves and that there are cleaning supplies on the bottom shelf:

100_3205.jpg

Here's a look at the ceiling above the front door. There is some kind of gadget up there. Is it an alarm?:

100_3207.jpg

There is a phone number written on the board covering the front window:

100_3208.jpg

Here's a zoom on the phone number:

paradenumber.jpg

That says DACS Parade Central.

What is that?

I have since called the number. I expected it to be a recording. But, a live person answered. He said: "DACS Parade Central." I was so surprised I just told the guy that I had the wrong number. Does anyone know what this is?

This is another photo taken of the other corner near the front door. Here you can see what looks like some type of movable display case (see how it has a handle on the top?) and a little set of plastic bins. I can see that inside one of the bins is a box of alcohol prep pads. What The Fort?:

100_3209.jpg

At this point, I had taken all of the photos that I could take from the outside looking in.

I wondered if I could get some better shots if I could get my camera further in to the cabin.

I went to my cart and got the broomstick and duct tape.

Using this patented technology, I was able to get a photo of the other corner of the cabin. Here we can see that there is a small counter and cabinets:

100_3211.jpg

I see a roll of tape, some wires, and what looks like a Home Depot bag with stuff in it. There is also some type of sign posted there on the counter.

Here we see plastic chairs and a box fan box:

100_3212.jpg

Here's the insect repellent, a small fan, and a lantern:

100_3213.jpg

Here's the rack that has the speakers on it. I see tape, wires, what looks like some type of receiver and more Home Depot bags:

100_3214.jpg

Here we are looking at the wall on the other side of the rack. There is a window here somewhere, but it is covered. There are words stenciled on the piece of wood used to cover the window:

100_3215.jpg

A closer look:

100_3216.jpg

I can make out the letters S-C-I on the first word, and E-Q-U-I on the second.

I don't need to by a vowel.

I'd like to solve the puzzle.

It says "SCIENCE EQUIPMENT."

But why?

Maybe there's a clue over here on the shelves by the front door:

100_3218.jpg

What am I looking at here?

It looks like some old microscopes and an old camera.

Doesn't it?

And there's a bottle of Fogjuice there on the shelf too.

On the other side of the door, there is the display case and the plastic bins again:

100_3220.jpg

There is definitely something in those bins, but I can't tell what:

100_3221.jpg

You can see that someone has used one of those alcohol prep pads, and the wrapper is on the floor.

There you go.

Now we all know what's in that cabin.

But isn't it kind of strange?

If this was a Scooby Doo episode, this is where the gang would retreat to the Mystery Machine to smoke some weed study these clues.

So, what's with the speakers, and science equipment, and microscopes and fog juice?

And the DACS Parade Central phone number.

I have a theory.

But first, let's hear yours.

TCD

I have know theories, but I would think with all the cleaning supplies in there some one should be CLEANING. It's not like they have to worry about bugs cause they have supplies for that too ::)

Great coup, Andrew. I'll be waiting to hear your theory :wave1:

Great exploring TCD!

Isn't DACS the central control for all of Disney parks for rides and parades? Yup I just googled it, Digital Animation Control System.

I'm going to say that the speakers and receiver are to there to pipe in the music from Magic Kingdom for the fireworks. They have the direct line to DACS in case there are any problems they can call it in. I'm guessing that number isn't published anywhere and is probably meant for internal use only.

As far as the other science stuff I would guess that they used to have Fort sponsored activities for kids there, but along with lots of other Disney activities they are now a thing of the past.

Another idea that you would know about it, do the Haunted wagon rides go around there? With the bottle of fog stuff and the speaker setup maybe they use it for part of the haunted rides?

Those are my thoughts for now.

WBI

Bummer! I was hoping there would be something really exciting inside the cabin. Science equipment, bug spray and cleaning supplies? In other words, junk. Just a place for Disney to store stuff they don't know where else to put.

How ironic is it that you called DACS parade central and got....... DACS parade central! ???

Looking forward to your theory!

If I recall, when the cabin was first moved to that location, it was used by the YES counselors for some type of nature class. I remember the cabin being referred to as interpretive training center, or something to that effect. So that's why the science stuff is there.

Are you sure that was a pressure washer and not a generator?? I HAVE been back there when they had the speakers out and playing the Wishes music. The CM was using the plastic chairs, and it's obvious why the bug spray is there.

Bummer! I was hoping there would be something really exciting inside the cabin. Science equipment, bug spray and cleaning supplies? In other words, junk. Just a place for Disney to store stuff they don't know where else to put.

That's it! From now on I am going to refer to my junk piles as "cabins." Who knew I had so much valuable property? :rofl2:

TCD, I am looking forward to your theory.