A Fort Halloween That Really Packed A Punch!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post your site when you make it back Heidi - any Fiends around will try to meet up with you!

Time for another update. The sooner I get this report done, the sooner I can start hounding TCD to get his started, and the sooner I can start repacking to go back. :raspberry2:

Monday 10/31

I wake up to the sounds of raindrops on the rv, which only continue to get harder. What the Fort? It can't rain, it's Halloween!

I sat down in my jammies, coffee in hand, to watch the weather. Obviously Mother Nature didn't care that it was Halloween, the rain was here to stay for a while. The Fort was very quiet, except for a few crazies riding around in their golf cart. I won't mention any names, but this guy is definitely pro-poncho. ;) We stayed high & dry in the screen room, while Mason went back to bed.

HalloweenFort2011121.jpg

He was exhausted after all the late night parties and all the company we had.

Finally around noon, the weather cleared up and we were able to go out and about. We did the usual, dog walking and looping. We rode down by the bike barn to take some pictures (which will be in the all fort post) but I did see this guy trying to catch a fish.

HalloweenFort2011124.jpg

When we got back from a cart ride, Jen was outside decorating her cart for the parade, so I walked over to chat with her. When I looked up at my rv, I was being watched.

HalloweenFort2011131.jpg

HalloweenFort2011132.jpg

He had heard me talking and was making sure I hadn't forgot about him.

While I was at Jen's I realized Donnie had left an ugly green hat sitting on the table, so I got some masking tape and my crayons and redesigned it for him.

HalloweenFort2011134.jpg

HalloweenFort2011133.jpg

HalloweenFort2011135.jpg

I think it looks much better now.

Being the last full day, and raining for the first half, before I knew it, it was time for the golf cart parade. I quickly gathered my camera, chair and drink. I couldn't be late, I had a date! A real date, with a living, breathing man. Before you get all worked up, let me ease your mind. Trevor was tagging along too! And my date had his two daughters with him! :P

When I went to visit TCD that morning for our gnome picture, he had invited us to watch the parade at his site with him and the girls. You guys all know that I love me some TCD!!

It was great to spend some time with them, as they are usually on the go when at the Fort.

I won't bore you with all the golf cart pics, since they have been everywhere, but I'll give you a couple.

HalloweenFort2011137.jpg

This guy walking was even more impressive than his cart. He was quite the entertainer! That night he came through our loop TOTing and was still acting the role and telling pirate jokes.

HalloweenFort2011138.jpg

A yeti!

HalloweenFort2011144.jpg

This one was not only decorated as the haunted mansion, complete with the stretching room, he also had the soundtrack from when your in that room. Great job!

HalloweenFort2011151.jpg

Nemo was very nice also! One of my favorites (I had 3)

HalloweenFort2011149.jpg

This was another favorite. We actually talked to him at his site earlier and he explained how he made it.

HalloweenFort2011147.jpg

HalloweenFort2011111.jpg

Our fearless leader, AuburnJen

HalloweenFort2011155.jpg

HalloweenFort2011158.jpg

HalloweenFort2011159.jpg

My other favorite! They did a fantastic job on Mater, down to every detail.

HalloweenFort2011160.jpg

Total Joker & Missy

HalloweenFort2011162.jpg

Wake up! I swear that's all the carts I'll post.

Right after the parade it was time for TOTing. We rushed back to our site and brought out the candy. I had bought 3 large bags (200 pieces per bag) and was worried that I would run out. Turns out, it wasn't bad at all and I ended up with about 100 pieces left over. It was great to see all the costumes, and all the kids enjoying themselves. I was pleasantly surprised at how many of them had manners, saying Thank You, and Happy Halloween. I like to think WDW brings out the best in everyone.

Not sure what these guys were aiming for, but they had a good time!

HalloweenFort2011164.jpg

This was the cutest costume I saw that night, but I may be a little biased.

HalloweenFort2011166.jpg

By the time TOT was over, Lorna was hosting the GG at her site. It was 9:00pm by that time and I was exhausted. We walked over and took some goofy pictures in honor of KFK, but when I glanced over at hubby, he was holding up the golf cart (or vice versa). The week of partying had finally caught up to us. He wanted to take a last loop around the Fort as we would be packing up in the morning. By the time we got back, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was just about to get into the shower when Doodle called to tell me Bouncing tigger (Steve) had finally showed up so I walked back over to meet him. I was glad he finally came around, and I also caught Jen for goodbyes as they were leaving that night.

I made it back to the rv at midnight, showered and hit the hay!

Since it's Halloween, here's a few random shots of decorations.

HalloweenFort2011027.jpg

HalloweenFort2011035.jpg

HalloweenFort2011080.jpg

HalloweenFort2011128.jpg

Tomorrow is THAT day, the day I have to pack up and face reality, and I'm never happy about it. :gaah:

Great update and photos!

My comments:

1. It was great watching the golf cart parade with you and Trevor!

2. We stopped by later on Halloween night and all the lights were off at your site. We hung with the Fiends a bit, and sampled some of the pot luck offerings, but we were surprised that you had already called it a night. For some reason, I thought you guys were staying until Wednesday.

3. WTF?:

HalloweenFort2011164.jpg

TCD

Great job, Stef. This was my first Halloween at the Fort and after reading all the comments about past ToTing I wasn't sure what to expect. It wasn't bad at all, almost like what we would see at home. I really loved seeing all the kids in costume. Especially our resident sweetie pie. :)

The green guys really threw me too. I even walked over to Jen and asked what was up with the green penis guys. Because I don't have small kids anymore, I don't pay a lot of attention to the newer Disney movies or shows. I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something.

Their butts said MORPHSUITS if that helps?! :blink:

My Mama always said dont give the goods away for free, make them pay for it. Maybe that is why I am always broke!?!?!

I don't know whether to :rofl2: or say TMI. Maybe I'll just say TMI and then :rofl2:

Their butts said MORPHSUITS if that helps?! :blink:

It didn't really help me that much! :rofl2:

This update started with four of my favorite things: Rain, Awning, Coffee, Fort. Ahhhhhh Lil' Piece of Heaven.

I'm glad the weather cleared up and didn't spoil ToT-ing.

I'll bet Donnie loved the improvements changes to his hat. Now he just needs to put a "before" pic in his signature with a "click here to see my mods" button. :rofl2:

I'll bet Donnie loved the improvements changes to his hat. Now he just needs to put a "before" pic in his signature with a "click here to see my mods" button. :rofl2:

:rofl3: I love it!!!

Those green costumes freak me out. I am anti-Blue Man Group, and they remind me too much of them. I'm gonna have nightmares now tonight. Thanks for that. :nyd:

Anti-Blue Man? How can you not like the Blue Man Group?

I am Pro-Blue Man, at least they wear pants. The green guys didn't leave enough to the imagination, if ya know what I mean. :wacko:

They were having a good time though and posed for me, and then again for Jen, so who am I to judge?

A quick off topic update this morning.

In a previous post I told you I had the pleasure of spending a couple hours with TJ & Missy. We had such a great time, I forgot what I had stashed in the camper. Sorry TJ, I blame the punch...or Dave. :P

HalloweenFort2011019.jpg

We did a lot of looping on this trip, and for some reason we kept ending up in the 400 loop. Trevor was being drawn to one site in particular. We've never stayed in the 400's, so it took me a few days to figure out what the attraction was. Every time we would pass this site, he would sigh heavily and get this sad look on his face.

HalloweenFort2011112.jpg

When I got home and compared pictures from past trips, it all became clear to me. This is what site 417 looked like back in September.

Laborday2011048.jpg

He was missing his sleeveless buddy Bruce. ;)

Great trip report!!!! You guys sure had a good time. Love the parade pics. That golf cart made into Mater was amazing!!!!!! A few years ago we watched the 4th of July golf cart parade, now I HAVE to see the Halloween one. Its hard to believe all the time/effort that people put into decorating for the parade as well as their sites..........I miss the fort!!!

Heidi

Great trip report!!!! You guys sure had a good time. Love the parade pics. That golf cart made into Mater was amazing!!!!!! A few years ago we watched the 4th of July golf cart parade, now I HAVE to see the Halloween one. Its hard to believe all the time/effort that people put into decorating for the parade as well as their sites..........I miss the fort!!!

Heidi

Thanks Heidi! We did have a great time, but it always seems too short.

The Halloween parade is much better than the fourth. Some of them really went all out this year.

Hope you can make it back soon. If you're ever there and see my sign out, please stop by and say hi.

A quick off topic update this morning.

We did a lot of looping on this trip, and for some reason we kept ending up in the 400 loop. Trevor was being drawn to one site in particular. We've never stayed in the 400's, so it took me a few days to figure out what the attraction was. Every time we would pass this site, he would sigh heavily and get this sad look on his face.

HalloweenFort2011112.jpg

When I got home and compared pictures from past trips, it all became clear to me. This is what site 417 looked like back in September.

Laborday2011048.jpg

He was missing his sleeveless buddy Bruce. ;)

Awwwww!!! It's tough to see two men so in love, so far apart for so long... Whatever will they do? :heartsmiley:

:partyline: :bravo: :partyline:

Great Trip Report!!!

Looks like an amazing time.. !!!!

OOOOOO How I wish we could be there for a Halloween GG. Sadly the timing does not work for us...

I saw the Video of the GC parade~~~ Nemo, A in W,and Mater were very impressive!

Hope everyone is home safely!