BouncingTiggers Halloween GG 2011

Now we are on to day 10

P1010939.jpg

First of all... WAY TO GO TREVOR! What a great little :heart: to worry about a little kid being sad about his/her lost pin!

Second... I love this photo! A true Disney Dad moment! Your daughter is sooo adorable and I do believe that your son is channeling my son right here. How many times have I seen this very same expression! Add in the glasses and the fact that they favor ... this photo just tickles my funny bone!

One final thought.... Lil H makes us stand under the bucket at the kiddie pool area too! :rofl2:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like I haven't seen you do that before. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Loved the update!!

Bravo to Trevor for turning in the pin!!! So neat that he was given gifts for his thoughtful gesture. When my now 15 year old son was five, he lost a cherished pin...........lots of tears over that one.....

You mentioned going to Tom Sawyers to look for a painbrush......did you find one?? This has been a BIG thing for my boys over the years. We have found many, many paintbrushes. On our August trip, we were there for close to two weeks. We did rope drop at the MK on three of the days. On all three days we were in position to get on the first raft of the day to Tom Sawyers when it opened at 10:00. I am happy to report that all three of my boys (husband, 18 year old and 15 year old) found a paintbrush over the course of the three days. In our early years no one seemed to know about it and there was no competion, not so anymore!!!! EVERYBODY on that first raft was out to find a painbrush.......people were literally off and running as soon as the raft was docked. I keep thinking that my family will "outgrow" this tradition, but after last summer, I think finding a paintbrush will continue for many years to come!

Looking forward to more!

Heidi

Heidi-

Thanks for sharing about the paintbrushes.

I have heard of them, but we have never found one. But, then we don't go out to Tom Sawyer's island very much anymore. It used to be a lot more fun for my girls when they were smaller.

I have never been sure that the paintbrush stories I have heard were true- I kind of thought that this was a prank that people play on each other, because I certainly have never seen anything official about there being hidden paintbrushes on the island.

So thanks for confirming that there really are hidden paintbrushes.

Maybe we will look for one some time!

TCD

I've actually heard a recent report that the paintbrushes were going away for good.

On our first trip, there were PILES of paintbrushes near this one fence and buckets of "whitewash" Kids could spend all day painting this fence if they wished!!

Heidi-

Thanks for sharing about the paintbrushes.

I have heard of them, but we have never found one. But, then we don't go out to Tom Sawyer's island very much anymore. It used to be a lot more fun for my girls when they were smaller.

I have never been sure that the paintbrush stories I have heard were true- I kind of thought that this was a prank that people play on each other, because I certainly have never seen anything official about there being hidden paintbrushes on the island.

So thanks for confirming that there really are hidden paintbrushes.

Maybe we will look for one some time!

TCD

TCD,

No its no prank.......the cast members hide them right before opening. I am not sure of the exact amount, but I think is varies between 5-7. One thing I know for sure is that they are probably all found within five minutes of the raft docking at the island. So, if you want a chance you NEED to be on the first raft and be ready to RUN!! What our family does is, the four of us split up and go in different directions. Course, we didnt do that when the boys were younger, we would go in teams of two. Even with us spltting up on this last trip, we would only find one between the four of us each day. It was funny though, we did it three times and both boys and my husband all had the honor of finding one. Funny how that worked out.

After you ride the raft back to the "mainland" you give the paintbrush to the cast member and you get a special FP for everyone in your group to ride either Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain. Last year we were "sneaky" and said we had eight people in our group and received eight passes so we were able to walk on both Splash and Thunder!!

Homestly, I am pretty sure we wouldnt have gone to Tom Sawyers at all this trip if not for the painbrushes, or at the very least we would not have gone THREE times!!!

Check it our next trip!!

Heidi

I've actually heard a recent report that the paintbrushes were going away for good.

On our first trip, there were PILES of paintbrushes near this one fence and buckets of "whitewash" Kids could spend all day painting this fence if they wished!!

Oh no, I hope that report was wrong!!!!! Can I ask where you heard that?

I have never heard of, or seen a pile of painbrushes to whitewash the fence with, only the ones to find to turn in for a fast pass! You would NEVER be able to paint with those. The bristles have been dipped in paint and are completely stiff.

Heidi

Here is where I read it. (Under Quick Takes)

http://www.mouseplan...d_Resort_Update

Our first trip was in 1997 and we spent an afternoon on Tom Sawyer Island and my boys spent some time whitewashing the fence.

Carol,

Thanks for the info and link. I so hope it isnt true! We have had so many good times over the years looking for/finding paintbrushes.

I wonder how long after 1997 they continued to have brushes out for the whitewashing. My guys were 1 and 4 back in 97, I think it was probably one or two years later that we started going over to Tom Sawyers. I dont recall that ever being offered. I bet it was a fun activity for the kids.

Thanks for sharing.

Heidi

• 8 months later...