BouncingTiggers Halloween GG 2011

Well it’s time I get this TR underway. We left on October 22 & started our voyage to our favorite place WDW. The original plan was to try & make it only stopping one night on the way down. Unfortunately we left late around 1:30 in the afternoon. My wife blames my insistence on washing the truck & camper before hitting the road, but I’m not buying it. Anyways we made it to Four Seasons Campground in southern NJ around 8pm & stopped for the night. Our next goal was to reach Green Acres Campground in SC which is my favorite place to overnight. So now we are into Monday & within 6hrs of FW. So even though we let late we still checked in a day early. As is customary for us we stop at the first rest area in FL to stretch & here is our first pic in FL.

P1010060.jpg

P1010063.jpg

We get on the road again & check into FW around 5pm. Let me say the gate keeper didn’t seem to know what to do since we arrived a day early. Even though we had booked the early arrival he thought he could only give us a temporary site for the night. Well after a bit of wrangling with the site assigner he got us site 1624 for entire stay. Having only stayed in the preferred loops I wasn’t sure if I’d be happy in the 1600 loop, but I was in for a surprise. The site was very nice & much larger than any of our previous sites in the 100 or 200 loops.

Here are the kids playing while I get the HTT set up. Do you remember those plastic bubbles from the 80’s? Well I found them somewhere & the kids loved them. Don’t worry I picked up the bubbles & didn’t leave any on the ground. We wouldn’t want to litter would we?

P1010064.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010073.jpg

After getting everything arranged we headed over to Rita & Ed’s site to pick up our GC. Stupid me I forgot to take pics. The kids were insistent that we get to the playground. But luckily before we left Cheryl & Jeff stopped in & I got to meet two more fiends :banana: . Rita may remember how badly they wanted to go. So we said our goodbyes & headed to the playground. I still remember saying to my wife how I was shocked how genuinely nice all the fiends we just met were. You may be thinking I'm just saying that, but it's true. Coming from the northeast where people don't want anything to do with anyone else (Monique will know what I mean). It was a real pleasure to start meeting all my fiend friends.

Here are some pics of our first day.

P1010076.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010079.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like I haven't seen you do that before. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Steve, you may find this hard to believe but, I still love those bubbles! It's a shame I couldn't find you for 6 days, or maybe I could have made some of those bubbles with your little ones! :P

J/K, I understand. It's hard with kids and family, to have fiend fun time. We'll get together again!

Love the slide picture of your daughter.

:popcorn:

Great start I thought I was the only one who knew about 4 Seasons campground I have not been there in years, thats a little bit of the beaten path for a overnight stop next time check out Timberlane in Clarksboro NJ only about a half a mile off of Rt 295.

I was so excited when Lorna let us hold the golf cart that they store for you, at our site because I knew I would get to meet y'all first! Your family is adorable and your wife a sweetheart. I can attest that the kids were ready to go! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Great start, Steve. I remember those plastic bubbles, they are a lot of fun. It was a pleasure finally meeting you. Hopefully I will get to meet therest of the family next Halloween. :heart:

I was so happy to finallly meet you too. Next time I'll bring the bubbles over to Lorna's.

It's about time!!! :popcorn:

I'm trying I swear

Hey there, Steve!

I'm in! And I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

You are off to a great start!

TCD

I'll do my best to follow in your footsteps

Steve, you may find this hard to believe but, I still love those bubbles! It's a shame I couldn't find you for 6 days, or maybe I could have made some of those bubbles with your little ones! :P

J/K, I understand. It's hard with kids and family, to have fiend fun time. We'll get together again!

Love the slide picture of your daughter.

:popcorn:

Next time there will be bubbles for all.

Great start I thought I was the only one who knew about 4 Seasons campground I have not been there in years, thats a little bit of the beaten path for a overnight stop next time check out Timberlane in Clarksboro NJ only about a half a mile off of Rt 295.

We thought about going to Timberlane but it came down just wanting to stay with what we knew. Four seasons seems nice but honestly I've never made it past their overnight site out front.

I was so excited when Lorna let us hold the golf cart that they store for you, at our site because I knew I would get to meet y'all first! Your family is adorable and your wife a sweetheart. I can attest that the kids were ready to go! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Rita I loved meeting you & Ed. I wish we could have all spent more time together.

Great start and I am looking forward to more!

At first glance I was certain they were singing something like "The Wheels on the Bus",

but looking again I think it's KFK's trip report theme song. After all you did have a long drive and that would keep you entertained for hours. :rofl3:

P1010063.jpg

They are adorable by the way.

Day two is here & we are heading off to Magic Kingdom. Up first is Buzz ride.

P1010086.jpg

P1010090.jpg

After defeating Emperior Zurg we find stitch outside without a line. Both of my kids love Stitch.

P1010092.jpg

Some of you may find this odd but love the Transportation Authority. It's always a nice way to relax & cruise around Tomorrow Land.

P1010093.jpg

P1010096.jpg

P1010102.jpg

P1010104.jpg

This year the tea cups are open again. My wife and I are always a little nervous getting on these. We did a spinning competion one night a six flags & have not been able to spin since.

P1010106.jpg

P1010112.jpg

P1010114.jpg

Here is look at the new Beauty & The Beast castle. I think we are more excited about the new area than my kids are.

P1010116.jpg

DS5 thought he should be king & was not happy when the sword did not come out. So DD3 decided she needed to show him how it's done.

P1010119.jpg

P1010124.jpg

There was a sky writer overhead. I believe he wrote Jesus Loves & the started writing U + God =. But I missed the last part of what he was doing.

P1010117.jpg

Day two will continue shortly

We might both be odd, but I love the People Mover too.

"Day two will continue shortly" That was 8:46 last night, when exactly is shortly? :popcorn:

By the looks of it we aren't the only odd ones.

Shortly was supposed to mean a few minutes. Unfortunately I got distracted by Ghost Adventures & then feel asleep.

You stood us up for ghost Adventures? That's it you are in time out :popo:

I know you're disappointed in me mom. I just hope you can forgive me.

late again but here.....

Ah... you kids still have toddler faces. I love the cute little toddler faces. Love to see little ones at WDW..... waiting....

Oh you're not late. This baby is just beginning.

Yeah I love their little faces too.