BouncingTiggers Halloween GG 2011

Ok,, heres the deal, anyone that knows me knows that I would never say "to die for" out loud. Being we were admonished by someone who thought we went overboard on a hijack some time ago I refrain from writing what my mouth spouts. Sometimes children read their parents TR's so instead of saying it was F'ing great I chose to tone it down hence the gay statement.

Now lets get this thing finished up sweetie. :rofl2:

I hope you did the "snap" thing when you said that! ;D

Bob, this isn't making things better. :rofl3:

At all. :rofl2:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like I haven't seen you do that before. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:yay: great updates! For the record...If you told me that you saw a Ninja Monkey I would look too. ;D

Love all the fun that was being had!!!

LOOK OUT!! There's a ninja monky behind you!!!

We love it too! Without a doubt the best and the Tiramisu is to die for!

Bob Bob Bob the image of you with a hand on your hip snaping your fingers is hilarious.

Where's the man card police?

They just expect these things from bob given he drives a granny gc.

Kitty! (And your DD would make a good Boo :heart: ) One of my favorite movies.

Also love Trevor's blue tongue. Put that pic with your DD's green ice cream face and it would look like your raising little aliens. :))

Great double update, you're on a roll now!

My alien kids.

Untitled00058-13.jpg

P1010412.jpg

I so need to eat at that place. Wow that food looks great!

I recommend everyone give it a try.

ya had to be hear to see HOW I said it. (ya know hand on hip while snaping other hand in a Z snap) :fairydust:

:rofl2:

Steve- Go ahead with your next update, I am all caught up now.

Based on your recommendation I will be hitting that pizza place in Epcot on a future visit.

Best pizza you have ever had is a pretty solid endorsement.

TCD

It's been a long while but I'm back on it. The pics are uploading to photobucket right now.

It's been disappointing eating local pizza again.

GET BUSY, STEVE! We're waiting and not so patiently!

I'm sorry Rita thank you for your patientance.

Good things come to those who wait. At least that what my mom always said.

Sure you will, Steve. Next we will hear as soon as Christmas is over. Get busy or it's another time out for you! :rofl2:

I can't believe how busy I have been lately. This TR will be done long before Christmas, at least I hope. Please don't make me wear the dunce cap again. :worship:

Hey Steve, thank for you taking this hiatus so that I could get caught up. Very nice of you.

I agree on Via Napoli. Not the "to die for" bit. (Wow Bob, I never knew). But the pizza rocks. Check out this bad boy.

DSCF3962.jpg

See it's Dave fault that I'm taking so long. I had to wait for him to take his trip & do his TR first.

Now that's a heck of a pizza!!

Ohhh Steeeeveeee!!! Thanksgiving is over dude! Where's the rest of the TR? I'm waiting....

I'm going as fast as I can. I swear I am.

I was sure to have found an update this morning....

You will find one in a few minutes.

Sounds like the Fiends are about to get their Snark on, Steve. Time for you to be afraid! afraid-male-afraid-frightened-smiley-emoticon-000138-large.gif

I'm afraid everytime I log in.

Ok,, heres the deal, anyone that knows me knows that I would never say "to die for" out loud. Being we were admonished by someone who thought we went overboard on a hijack some time ago I refrain from writing what my mouth spouts. Sometimes children read their parents TR's so instead of saying it was F'ing great I chose to tone it down hence the gay statement.

Now lets get this thing finished up sweetie. :rofl2:

My kids don't read them bob so let it rip.

Sweety? Really?

You forgot to add: Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some parents children may be gay and that's ok too. ;)

What thing finished up?

Oh, was this a TR at one time? :rofl:

Who said that was ok? Not at my house.

Ya ya ya this was a TR.

Bob, this isn't making things better. :rofl3:

How the heck do you think it makes me feel. I thought he was sitting a bit close at the picinic table. :rofl3:

I think I have finally caught up.

Ok on with day 6. Thanks for being patient with me.

Today we are brushing off all that went wrong on day 5 and starting new. We are off to Animal Kingdom for a whole lot of fun. Today is my last day before my parents & ds, bil, & their 4 kids arrive for dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

We start off seeing those beautiful FW deer.

P1010485.jpg

P1010486.jpg

After a few minutes letting the kids check out the deer we are back on the road. We get to AK before rope drop thinking we will get a great parking spot. Think again because they are parking people in the middle of no where for no dam reason. Lucky for us I missed the turn to where they were parking everyone & ended up in the AAA diamond area. I complained that I forgot my diamond card in the camper & flashed my AAA card to get a great spot.

On the way in this crazy bird didn't give a crap we were walking right next to him.

P1010487.jpg

The rope drops & we head for the safari ride.

Here is the Tree of Life

P1010488.jpg

We fly through the line & get right on & it is pouring rain out.

P1010489.jpg

P1010491.jpg

P1010497.jpg

P1010498.jpg

The upside down tree

P1010500.jpg

P1010503.jpg

P1010504.jpg

P1010510.jpg

P1010513.jpg

P1010518.jpg

From the safari we headed over to Asia. This year Trevor didn't want to go on Expedition Everest again. Last year things went from excitement to not so happy. So I had a feeling he wouldn't do it again this year. Here are last years before & during the ride pics.

ExpeditionEverest00017-11.jpg

ExpeditionEverest00159-21.jpg

Back to 2011. So instead of Everest we go to the river rapids. Now Carrie really wants to ride this one but is to damn short. At three she is only the height Trevor was at when 1 1/2 yrs old. So she has a while. Trevor goes on with Ann & gets wet but Ann gets soaked.

P1010530.jpg

Now Trevor & I go on. We don't get wet. We get frigin completely drenched. Coming down the hill the wave came over the back of our seat & soaked me completely through. I don't know if you can see it in the pics but trevors hair was dry when he got off with Ann. Not so much now.

P1010535.jpg

Now it's time to meet some characters & take some silly pics.

P1010537.jpg

P1010540.jpg

P1010541.jpg

Carrie loves Miss Bunny & so loves everything bunny.

P1010542.jpg

P1010545.jpg

P1010548.jpg

Well I'll end the first part of day 6 here. When we come back I'll show you what happens when the family arrives.

Day 6 contintued.

Now we are off to 1900 Park Fare & meet up with the rest of my family. My parents arrived from MA in the afternoon & havent been to WDW since 1987. My sister arrived a couple days earlier & went to Universal. It was a unimaous vote from them that Universal is a waste of money.

Anyways here we go it's time to see the family. In our usual style we get there on time right before our reservation. However my family always gets everywhere 30+ minutes early & so it begins. The calls wanting to know where we are even though we are not late. We get there & you know what the wait was still 20+ minutes :banghead: . Let me just say that once in we loved it. This character meal is fantastic. Actually Lady Tremain made the whole meal worth every penny.

P1010556.jpg

P1010557.jpg

Lady Tremain pulled up a chair & spent what must have been 10 minutes talking with Trevor & my niece. Seeing her speaking with two 5yr olds & remaining in character while holding back the laughter was hilarious for us adults. She was awesome.

P1010559.jpg

P1010561.jpg

P1010564.jpg

P1010565.jpg

P1010567.jpg

P1010569.jpg

After the meal it's time to get to bed. We figure we will try something different & go to the CR & take the boat from there. BIG MISTAKE!! It took forever & a year for the boat to pick us up. All the while there is a strong wind off the lake & the kids are all freezing. But hey we get on the boat just in time to catch the fireworks.

P1010570.jpg

P1010574.jpg

P1010575.jpg

P1010578.jpg

That wraps up day 6. I hope you are still enjoying this TR.

I'm loving it, Steve! Looks like AK was a big hit.

Some of my family members think on time is late too, well boo to them. You never get seated for your ADR on time.

Carrie is a teeny beans, It may be quite a while before she gets to ride the big attractions. :(

Keep it coming, son. You are making me proud. :)

I love the alien kids!! :)) Be sure to save those for a later date. (blackmail)

Tell Carrie I feel her pain being too short to ride certain rides. Lucky for her, she has the opportunity to grow. -_-

Her kissing the bunnies is adorable. :heart:

It's about time you gave us some updates, and of course we are still enjoying it!

Great updates Steve! I seem to always get drenched on the river rapids too. Don't know what it is. I've always figured I weigh the raft down.

What did you think of the food at 1900? When we did it a couple years ago it was the worst food I've ever had at Disney. But we did enjoy Lady Tremaine as well, and the sisters too. Cindy was boring as heck though.

Boy, I was really enjoying this report until I saw all those Red Sox shirts.

Didn't any of you hear that Boston failed to make the play-offs this year?

And yes, we were at WDW.

At Team DIsney, on the bus for this years annual Disney's Rays/Red Sox game.

It didn't go well, Rays won.

005qq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Day 7 here we come.

Today was an interesting day for us. We were going to the princess breakfast in Norway with the newly arrived family members. EPCOT is by far & always has been my favorite park. There is something about it that I just love. Well we got up at the crack of dawn to get there on time. For the first time ever we were the first to get to EPCOT. Actually the guy at the toll booth made me wait ten minutes because the parking attendents were still waking up. After a few minutes some other guests pull up & are also made to stop & wait. Now I'm starting to get ansy & I'm looking at the guy next to me. I can tell he wants to get the first spot, I just know he does. Not today buddy. The parking guy gave us the wave thru & the race was on. From this picture you can tell who one that drag race thru EPCOT.

P1010585.jpg

Once inside the park I find the greatest thing I have ever discovered. EPCOT is EMPTY!! :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy This is like being in a dream.

P1010586.jpg

P1010587.jpg

P1010589.jpg

P1010590.jpg

P1010592.jpg

I know I may have gone overboard with the empty EPCOT pics. But heh how many times do you see that.

We finally make it over to Norway for what we assume will be a great meal. What a let down we had there. The food sucked & the service was worse. It's probably the only time I felt like I was not in WDW. The staff was some of the grumpiest & unfriendly people I've seen at WDW. This is the only time I actually considered not leaving a tip. Norway SUCKED!! Enough complaining on to the pics.

P1010596.jpg

P1010605.jpg

P1010601.jpg

P1010612.jpg

Now that is over we decide to head over to the Nemo ride. But first we stop & grab a Test Track fast pass. This is where Carrie loses her little Thumper. Now in case you have forgotten how much she loves bunnies refer back to day 6. She is to put it lightly not pleasant once she learns Thumper has gone missing. More on this to come in a bit.

Here is my little actress (before Thumper is lost).

P1010620.jpg

Now I don't remember what thing is called but it was big.

P1010626.jpg

Another first on this trip was catching the airlock demonstration which was pretty cool.

P1010628.jpg

I didn't get any pics but everyone wanted to go on Soarin next. Of course Carrie is to short so I took her to the sitting area. Now Carrie & I sort of have a tradition starting at this ride. There is a little souviner booth near the Soarin entrance. Well Carrie & I now head over every year & buy chocolate covered pretzels & cotton candy, yum. It makes her happy so it's the least a dad can do. An hour goes by before they return & now Carrie is getting tired.

At this point we decide to head back to FW so she can nap. I'm ont giving up the first spot in EPCOT so we take the bus. Big friggin mistake. It takes 45 minutes to get back to FW. Now mind you we still need to get on the bus there. Having never been on the FW bus system I see the purple lines bus & ask if he goes by the 1600 loop. He takes out his pile of papers shuffles through them like he knows what he's doing & says get on the the orange bus. After 10 min the orange bus shows up & we get on. Well before we know it we are at the marina. Now Ann asks "is bus going by the 1600 loop?" . The driver says I don't know :banghead: lets go look at the map. A friggin map?? :banghead: :banghead: He says nope you need to be on the YELLOW BUS. :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

So now I'm about ready to explode. After a while the yellow bus comes shows up I ask the driver "you go by the 1600 loop right?" He says let me check it may be the orange or purple buses. :banghead: :banghead: I say never mind I've already tried those. These guys drive back & forth all day. Don't they know where they are going? Lou is the fort where the undesirables end up??? Anyways 1 1/2 hours later we get to our site. Now Carrie is overtired & won't nap & is a crazy monster girl.

Day 7 to be continued

Day 7 continued:

We decide to check out the pumpkin contest. These aren't the ones I voted for by the way.

P1010631.jpg

P1010632.jpg

P1010633.jpg

After all is said & done I remember my truck is at EPCOT. Trevor & I decide to by ourselves. Guys night out in the city of tomorrow. Ann & Carrie drop us off at the bus stop & 15 min later we back at EPCOT. Yes only 15 minutes. First stop for us is Guest Services. Here goes a hail mary pass to find Thumper & cheer up Carrie. Holy crap they actually had him :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy . A cast member had picked him up & turned him in. I love WDW!! We do a couple rides & meet up with the family again to do the Mexico & Norway rides.

P1010635.jpg

P1010636.jpg

It's about 30min before the fireworks & Trevor says lets go on Mission Space. :jumpforjoy Yah a fun ride. We get thru the line & he says dad I really don't want to go on. Slightly aggrevated I ask huh are you serious? He says dad I just wanted to go because I knew you would like it & now I'm to nervous. Well isn't he just to damn sweet. Now its 20min before the fireworks. Well mom would love another pizza so lets get one to go. I throw 60lb Trevor on my shoulders & power walk as fast as humanly possible from Mission Space to Italy. It's now 10 minutes before the fireworks. Half dead we arrive in Italy & things are lookin good, we walk into the resturant. THEY DON"T HAVE TAKEOUT!! :banghead: :banghead: Now Trevor wants to watch the fireworks with the family who are at Norway. 5 min before the fireworks & time is running out. Trevor goes back on my shoulders & off we go. We get there just before they start. Ed how far did I walk carrying him??

P1010643.jpg

P1010651.jpg

P1010654.jpg

P1010656.jpg

P1010657.jpg

P1010674.jpg

P1010675.jpg

That ended our day 7 which turned out pretty well in the end.

Thanks for reading.

Bless your heart! It's good that you are patient and do all that you do for the kids! One day before you know it, it will be just you and Ann! Then you can really enjoy Disney and the Fort! Seriously, it is a different kind of trip without your kids and believe it or not, you will look back on these days with warm nostalgia!

Also, we want to see pictures of you and Ann and the kids, make sure you get lots of those pics next time! BTW, empty Epcot was cool!

These guys drive back & forth all day. Don't they know where they are going? Lou is the fort where the undesirables end up?

The spots at the Fort are prime positions that are bid on based on work seniority.

Theoretically, you're getting the best of the best. How's that make you feel?

The reality is that you get mostly veteran, another word for old, full time drivers who don't want a lot of interaction with guests or the driving stress that comes with the regular routes.

I'm exempt from working there because they don't even bother training part time drivers to drive there, I'm grateful for that.