BouncingTiggers Halloween GG 2011

Cool day Steve!! Sounds exhausting though!!!

This was our most exhausting day. My tendenitis was killing me by the time it was over.

Great update Steve, it does sound like a great day. Except maybe the whole bad breakfast experience, losing Thumper, the bus fiasco and no pizza. :rofl2:

But you did get to spend a great evening with Trevor and even got a little exercise. :))

Even with everything that seemed to go wrong the day was still good. Next time I'll let Trevor ride on someone elses shoulders though.

Bless your heart! It's good that you are patient and do all that you do for the kids! One day before you know it, it will be just you and Ann! Then you can really enjoy Disney and the Fort! Seriously, it is a different kind of trip without your kids and believe it or not, you will look back on these days with warm nostalgia!

Also, we want to see pictures of you and Ann and the kids, make sure you get lots of those pics next time! BTW, empty Epcot was cool!

Did you say patient? LOL you need to spend more time with me. Part of me looks foward to WDW with just the two of us but I know I'll miss the little buggers.

I'm under orders that I am not supposed to post pics of Ann. But hey one might show up now & again.

The spots at the Fort are prime positions that are bid on based on work seniority.

Theoretically, you're getting the best of the best. How's that make you feel?

The reality is that you get mostly veteran, another word for old, full time drivers who don't want a lot of interaction with guests or the driving stress that comes with the regular routes.

I'm exempt from working there because they don't even bother training part time drivers to drive there, I'm grateful for that.

Get most veteran drivers? These guys didn't seem to know where they were in the fort. Is it a union? You know where the one with seniority get the cushy job & never actually deserves it.

Wow, we've never done the Norway breakfast but I've always wanted to. Now I'm not so sure. That sounds as bad as our 1600 Park Fair Dinner a couple years ago.

Norway sucked!! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Damn 2 miles!! No wonder I was tired.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like I haven't seen you do that before. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The spots at the Fort are prime positions that are bid on based on work seniority.

The reality is that you get mostly veteran, another word for old, full time drivers who don't want a lot of interaction with guests or the driving stress that comes with the regular routes.

I'm exempt from working there because they don't even bother training part time drivers to drive there, I'm grateful for that.

So they are the old farts that just want a somewhat peaceful day ad to go home.....

I am finally caught up. Got a few pages behind....

Lou, They have to train bus drivers for FW?!?! How many wrong turns can you make between the Outpost and the Settlement (as compared to going between parks)?

Lou, They have to train bus drivers for FW?!?! How many wrong turns can you make between the Outpost and the Settlement (as compared to going between parks)?

Good point.

Property wide drivers are expected to know about a hundred routes and over a hundred bus stops, so what's the big deal with learning the Fort?

• 2 weeks later...

Creating this TR has taught me something. These TR's take a ton of time to complete & I don't know how you all do it.

I should be working but it's time to get day 8 posted so here we go.

Day 8 = Halloween

So it's Halloween & today we are just puttin around. We decided to hit DTD & eat the Earl of Sandwich for lunch. I love their food by the way. After everyone filled their bellies we were off to the Disney outlet. This we couldn't find much of anything worth buying. I got out there without spending much at all.

After getting back it was time to get over to the golf cart parade. After missing it two years in a row we weren't missing it this year. So after getting the site ready for TOT the kids pose for a quick picture. Cherie you'll notice the kids have the light up toy you gave them. Those things were played with constantly every night.

P1010679.jpg

So we picked a spot about 30ft from the intersection. We were about 30 minutes early but I wasn't taking any chances.

P1010683.jpg

Once the parade started we couldn't believe all the work put into many of the carts. The kids stopped caring about the carts once the candy started flying. I swear they got as much candy there than they ever did TOT at home. You'll notice many fiends in these pics.

P1010684.jpg

P1010685.jpg

P1010687.jpg

P1010688.jpg

P1010690.jpg

Fiend Alert

P1010692.jpg

P1010695.jpg

Some of you may remember my rant about slow carts not moving for cars waiting to pass. This guy drove me nuts multiple times & was the basis of my rant.

P1010698.jpg

These people were in our loop. This was awesome.

P1010705.jpg

P1010706.jpg

P1010709.jpg

P1010712.jpg

Holy Cow!! They are still coming!

P1010718.jpg

I didn't get this one.

P1010719.jpg

Who is this man & his passengers hmmmm?

P1010721.jpg

P1010722.jpg

I believe only one person could own a gc this color.

P1010723.jpg

P1010726.jpg

P1010727.jpg

My personal favorite

P1010729.jpg

P1010731.jpg

P1010732.jpg

P1010733.jpg

Another cart filled with unruley obnoxious drunks. Damn those pesky fiends.

P1010736.jpg

P1010738.jpg

This concludes the GC parade. Up next is the reason we are all there TOT.

Day 8 continued

It's finally time to TOT!! After the cart parade we headed back to get the kids ready & wait for my parents & sister to arrive at our site. This year Trevor wanted to be Bolt & Carrie wanted to be Rapunzel. So Ann made both the costumes & they both came out great. What's funny is Trevor gets mad because in the pics he sometimes looks like a bunny when you can't see his collar or lightning bolt.

P1010740.jpg

P1010742.jpg

The family finally showed up.

P1010743.jpg

This is the first time in my life that my parents have worn costumes.

P1010744.jpg

We are finally off.

P1010748.jpg

P1010751.jpg

P1010753.jpg

P1010754.jpg

P1010756.jpg

P1010757.jpg

P1010758.jpg

P1010760.jpg

P1010761.jpg

P1010764.jpg

P1010765.jpg

P1010766.jpg

P1010767.jpg

P1010769.jpg

P1010772.jpg

After TOT we finished the night watching the fireworks on the beach.

P1010779.jpg

P1010784.jpg

P1010802.jpg

P1010803.jpg

That's it for day 8. At the rate I'm going KFK's 4th of July TR will be finished before mine.

Finally! I was beginning to think you had given up on this report. TR's do take a lot of time, but I've found that if you start you just gotta keep at it until it's done or you lose interest. (Meanwhile the fiends DON'T, and have to wait months to see the end!) <_<

Love the costumes Ann made! Don't tell Trevor, but he does kind of look bunny-ish. But a very cute bunny!!

I also think it's great that the whole family dressed up!

Thanks for getting back to this, son. The kids look precious, Ann did a great job. It's nice to see that Ann really does exist!! I'm glad the kids liked the light up toys, even if they were the wrong color. Yes, Jen busted my chops about them being green.

Now don't make us wait too long for another update or it's back in the corner for you! :))

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's time to get this TR moving again.

Today is day 9 & we are off to MK again. Our game plan for today was get on the first boat to Tom Sauyer Island & look for a paint brush.

Here are a few pics from this beautiful morning.

P1010809.jpg

P1010810.jpg

P1010813.jpg

Trevor just isn't tall enough for this but he gave it a shot.

P1010817.jpg

Today is the first time we have ever gone to TSI & it was a lot of fun. Trevor was in heaven exploring every nook of the island & the fort.

P1010819.jpg

P1010821.jpg

P1010822.jpg

Trevor thought this bridge was great. Ann not so much. :rofl2:

P1010823.jpg

P1010827.jpg

P1010828.jpg

P1010832.jpg

P1010833.jpg

P1010835.jpg

We made sure to do this cave before leaving the island. Trevor was creeped out by the face in the cave. Carrie called him a chicken. :rofl2:

P1010843.jpg

Eventually we hit the dumbo ride which is a must for us.

P1010848.jpg

P1010851.jpg

Here are a couple construction pics

P1010849.jpg

P1010850.jpg

For this first time ever. We met the fairy godmother

P1010853.jpg

A spin on the carosel

P1010855.jpg

P1010854.jpg

This was also the first year Carrie could drive the race cars. I wish I had taken a video because I've never laughed so hard. Ann rode in the car in front of us with her & they were going slow. So slow that Trevor says dad can we pass them & catch someone else :rofl2: Carrie I'm afraid drives like her mom. That car was flinging side to side so fast that I'm surprised they didn't get off the rail. You'll just have to trust me it was funny.

P1010861.jpg

P1010863.jpg

We didn't take many pics today. But around 3 or so we had to meet the family. They tend to get touchy when they think you're avoiding them. :rofl2: If you happen to remember the story of Carrie's thumper being lost & it being turned in at lost & found. Well that stuck with Trevor. After we met up with the family Trevor found one of those trading pins on the ground. His cousins kept telling him finder keepers & you'll never guess what he said. "He told them that's not true. Some little kid might be sad they lost it & that it should be returned." I figured that would be forgotten after a few hours & he wouldn't care anymore. We left just as the last MNSSHP was starting & he reminded me we needed to turn that pin in. We walked up to the customer relations desk & he did all the talking. The woman at the desk asked if he could wait a minute. After a few minutes she came back with a stuffed mickey head pumpkin & a bag full of chocolates. I'm really proud of him for that & I hope he never changes.

P1010884.jpg

Here's some random pics as we were leaving.

P1010875.jpg

P1010876.jpg

P1010878.jpg

P1010879.jpg

P1010880.jpg

P1010887.jpg

That's it for day 9. Thanks for reading along.

Now we are on to day 10

This was on of my favorite days. We started off the day going to the grand gathering character breakfast @ Tony's Town Square Rest. in MK. This was a great meal I'd recommend to anyone. You get to meet Tony from Lady & the Tramp, Goofy, Minnie, Donald, & Daisy. The kids get to dance a little & you get a special commemorative pin.

P1010889.jpg

P1010895.jpg

P1010898.jpg

P1010903.jpg

Doing a little Hokey Pokey dancing with Tony

P1010911.jpg

P1010912.jpg

Lady & the Tramps paw prints in front of Tony's. I must have walked over these a hundred times & never knew they were there.

P1010924.jpg

After that we went to meet Aladin & Jasmine

P1010932.jpg

P1010934.jpg

For the first time we actually caught Jack Sparrow. Trevor is now in the service of Captain Sparrow.

P1010937.jpg

P1010939.jpg

P1010950.jpg

This was a short day at the parks for us. Probably why I enjoyed it so much. Before leaving we met Mickey in hs dressing room.

P1010956.jpg

P1010957.jpg

P1010961.jpg

That's it for this installment of day 10. I'll continue back at the fort.

Day 10 Continued.

After three years of trying to get a chance to swim, today is the day. We have a couple hours before the HDDR so we are going to take a swim.

P1010968.jpg

P1010969.jpg

P1010976.jpg

P1020002.jpg

The kids both wanted to try the water slide. We got a pic of Trevor but couldn't get one of Carrie. I wish we had though. Being as tiny as she is she ended up on her hands & knees & shot off the slide like a missile.

P1010994.jpg

Having had our fun it's time for the HDDR. We were meeting the whole family for this show & everyone loved it.

P1020007.jpg

P1020009.jpg

P1020016.jpg

Sixbits came & called off trevors Bday.

P1020026.jpg

P1020019.jpg

P1020021.jpg

Then he came back & highlighted my parents anniversary. My father about died when sixbits tried to get them to dance. :rofl2:

P1020029.jpg

P1020032.jpg

P1020033.jpg

P1020039.jpg

P1020046.jpg

P1020052.jpg

That's it for day 10. We are moving now. Can you believe days 9 & 10 posted in one evening. That's a record for me.

. If you happen to remember the story of Carrie's thumper being lost & it being turned in at lost & found. Well that stuck with Trevor. After we met up with the family Trevor found one of those trading pins on the ground. His cousins kept telling him finder keepers & you'll never guess what he said. "He told them that's not true. Some little kid might be sad they lost it & that it should be returned." I figured that would be forgotten after a few hours & he wouldn't care anymore. We left just as the last MNSSHP was starting & he reminded me we needed to turn that pin in. We walked up to the customer relations desk & he did all the talking. The woman at the desk asked if he could wait a minute. After a few minutes she came back with a stuffed mickey head pumpkin & a bag full of chocolates. I'm really proud of him for that & I hope he never changes.

P1010884.jpg

Awesome story! You have done a great job raising him! Be proud. And nice to see Disney rewarded him.

I am so glad you got back on this TR. Trevor and Carrie are adorable, I had forgotten just how cute they were! I'm glad y'all got to swim, finally. We sometimes get so busy getting from here to there, we don't get to stop and smell the roses or wet our toes in the pool!

The pictures of the kids looks like they had a great time, and I think it was great that Trevor did not listen to his cousins and did the right thing, plus Disney rewarded him that's just great.

Whoa!! 3 updates in one night? What's gotten into you? ???

I love Tom Sawyer Island! I wish I'd have been there with your kids, I had to play with strangers children.

Good for Trevor for turning in the pin, you should be very proud of him.

I'm sending you my chiropractors bill after looking at some of those pictures :rofl2: (Note to Steve: people will enjoy them even more when they are right side up)

Swimming in October? You're definitely a northerner. What, no speedo?

Love Trevor's face covered in BBQ sauce, Carrie with Thumper and especially the strawberry shortcake pic.

Is it possible that this report will be done by Halloween 2012? :P