Monique's Mo'Fun, Mo'Money, Mo'Fiend, Mo'Punch, Mo'Doggy, Mo'Dole Whip Trip Report!

I have fallen behind in my trip report reading, so I just got the chance to catch up on this one.

Thanks for reading along! I'm sooooooooo behind on TRs - I think I still have your last 2 to catch up on, plus about 10 others.

We're taking a long weekend at our camp in Maine over New Year's - might be a good time to make a big cup of tea, sit by the window looking out over the mountains and do a little reading! Of course by then I'll probably have 20 TRs to catch up on!

I loved the comment about the 6' leash. There is a similar requirement at a State Park that I often visit with Rocky. There is a beach there, and Rocky loves to swim out and retrieve things in the water. That isn't very feasible with a 6' leash. So, I intepret the rule the way you do. The only thing is that the signs they have there says that dogs must be on a hand-held 6' leash. I don't know how I will get around the hand-held part.

I have one of these for doing dog evaluations for rescue...

MVC-003Fsilicone.JPG

...I'm thinking take it off the stick and duct tape it to the leash! :rofl2:

I loved your review of the lounge at HS. I remember reading this before, and I thought this was a link to something that somebody else had written. I didn't realize that you were the author. You did a really great job on that review, and I intend to visit that lounge some time.

Thanks and you definitely should - we enjoyed it very much. I always make a (very) few ADRs for our trips - mostly for places we know we don't want to miss - but much of the time we end up canceling most of them anyway. I just don't love having to plan meals out that far in advance and structure a whole part of the day (or whole day) around it. That's a big reason we stopped doing the DDP.

So we've tried to find alternatives that still mean we get a decent meal when we want one (i.e., not a walk up burger or pizza) without the hassle of an ADR. The lounges are a good find in that regard!

Of course going during Food and Wine pretty much solves that problem too. And I've got a bunch more coming on "the never ending feast" too. ;)

I also wanted to add that one of my favorite memories from my Halloween trip to the Fort is that on the day we were leaving, we took a final loop around the Fort, and we saw you and Brian out at the dog park with your pups. It looked like everyone was having a blast.

I remember! We were glad to get to see you all one last time before you left.

That's the great thing about the pups, they always have a blast and it's contagious. We were at the dog park almost every day of the 3 weeks we were there and my crazy girls brought more than a few smiles to people's faces. Sometimes just because it was the first time in forever *their* dog got to run and chase another dog! Then again some of those faces were disbelief at 1) how lightening fast Bz is and 2) how they just keep going and going and going...

Regardless, and despite the extra work it takes to juggle everything well so that they're happy while we're there too, I can't imagine going on vacation without my hairy houligans. :heartsmiley:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Monique's Mo'Fun, Mo'Money, Mo'Fiend, Mo'Punch, Mo'Doggy, Mo'Dole Whip Trip Report!

You had Doodle at Rum and Stef at Balls ...

Holy crap Dave wins! ROFL we are home. Power and cable are on. No major frig messes - although upstairs will need to be dumped. Yard is full of downed trees and branches but nothing seems to have h

HI EVERYBODY!!

:wave1:

It's your favorite TR slacker dropping by to say, "it's coming, hold your water!"

Heading up to the woods of ME Friday - just pulled the homemade mac 'n cheese out of the oven, gotta go season the steaks, wrap the potatoes and toss the bison ribs in the crockpot. I'm a cooking machine!!

Will try and get something up before the weekend, but if not, next week for sure.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program...

400_F_29205500_kjcI62SQnyYb1WgHVIuPdOIsqzYIIW0t.jpg

just pulled the homemade mac 'n cheese out of the oven, gotta go season the steaks, wrap the potatoes and toss the bison ribs in the crockpot. I'm a cooking machine!!

Trip report?? What trip report???

I'll be honest, once you mentioned steaks and bison ribs, I kinda lost sight of the trip report. You have my permission to set the report aside a bit longer and continue cooking. Just throw some of those ribs on dry ice and FedEx 'em to me.

:raspberry2:

Trip report?? What trip report???

I'll be honest, once you mentioned steaks and bison ribs, I kinda lost sight of the trip report. You have my permission to set the report aside a bit longer and continue cooking. Just throw some of those ribs on dry ice and FedEx 'em to me.

:raspberry2:

she lost me at the homemade mac and cheese... how in the fort did you get to the steaks?