Carol is POPin around the "World" at RADP XVI!! - December 1 - 7, 2011

I haven't had a chance to look at your TR in awhile, but thankfully I found some time today. I loved watching your JC video. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law both commented once about how when they were at Disney with my niece and nephew they saw some adults there without children and could not figure out why they go to Disney without children. Your video shows that it's all about how much fun you want to make the experience. It was funny just watching and listening to you all as you were joking around with the skippers.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the pictures, Carol!! Thanks for taking us with you. :)

Mini Golf! :jumpforjoy I hope you remembered to "swing those hips and suck in that gut" :rofl2:

Come on, that is way too easy. It has to be the part where they feature Ricky Bobby! Oh, sorry, I forgot that they don't have any movies from this century. So, I will change my guess. It's got to be t

I haven't had a chance to look at your TR in awhile, but thankfully I found some time today. I loved watching your JC video. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law both commented once about how when they were at Disney with my niece and nephew they saw some adults there without children and could not figure out why they go to Disney without children. Your video shows that it's all about how much fun you want to make the experience. It was funny just watching and listening to you all as you were joking around with the skippers.

Exactly!!! The Disney parks and resorts are what you make of them!! I can spend lots of time in the parks and experience very few attractions!! I've spent an entire day just looking for the live entertainment. It is quite awesome!! Disney with just adults is "Da Bomb"!!

I can imagine you guys helping narrate the Great Movie Ride. Maybe it would spice it up a bit!

Eh, we pretty much behaved ourselves, but a couple in the front row did "zing" the actor driving us a bit

I agree, it could only make it better.

The GMR is in the same category as the EWP, COP, and IASW. It needs a drastic makeover.

True, this one is getting a bit old!

I love the Great Movie Ride. Although I am tired of the gangsters... I prefer the cowboy. But we always get the gangsters.

Maybe we should add our own narrative to change it up a little. Hmmm...

Great update Carol!

We got the Cowboy side!!!!!

I have some time for some updates today....

After leaving Great Movie Ride, it was time for lunch at Mama Melroses. I have only eaten here once before and it was only so, so, but this time it was really good!!! Although the company probably made it better. However, the service was dismally slow!!!!

I actually took some Pood Forn pics!!!

100_5044.jpg

100_5045.jpg

Waitin on our table

100_5046.jpg

100_5047.jpg

100_5048.jpg

FOOD!!

100_5051.jpg

100_5052.jpg

100_5053.jpg

100_5054.jpg

Our group

100_5055.jpg

Desert

100_5056.jpg

100_5057.jpg

Next it was Star Tours!!

Like others, I had just about quit riding the old version, as it had gotten terribly out of sync and messed with my head and tummy. But for some reason, the new version with the 3D doesn't bother me at all!!!

100_5058.jpg

100_5059.jpg

100_5060.jpg

100_5061.jpg

Now on to Toy Story Mania!!

(Now, those of you that were paying attention, TSM was supposed to be BEFORE Star Tours, but when we gathered for TSM, the ride went down, so we just adjusted, no biggy!!)

100_5062.jpg

100_5063.jpg

100_5064.jpg

My pitiful score on the right

100_5067.jpg

Wandering the Studios some more

100_5069.jpg

100_5070.jpg

100_5072.jpg

100_5074.jpg

100_5076.jpg

100_5077.jpg

100_5078.jpg

For some reason, the Narnia sign is still there. This attraction was most DEFINITELY a waste of good space

100_5080.jpg

100_5081.jpg

Coming next the Osborne Lights!!

Great upates Carol!

You are cranking on this thing!

I must respond to this comment from Lou

I agree, it could only make it better.

The GMR is in the same category as the EWP, COP, and IASW. It needs a drastic makeover.

I agree that GMR is way out of date. As far as I can recall, it always has been. I barely remember the movies featured on the ride, and my kids do not have a clue.

But, we still love it.

Whoever is in charge of hiring the castmembers who narrate this ride does the worst job I have ever seen. Without fail, we end up with someone who mumbles, or speaks in a montotone. It really makes the whole thing unintentionally funny.

We go just to enjoy the narrators!

TCD

I like the Great Movie ride! Yes, it could use a little update, but I still love it. Anyone want to take a stab at which part I like the best?

I'll even give you a hint.....it's not "Alien" (that scares me a little)

Carol that is a great picture of you with borediniowa!!

Here are my pics and videos of the Osborne Lights. They continually amaze me EVERY YEAR!!!!!

First off a video (Clicky on the picture)

th_100_5082.jpg

And a few pics

100_5083.jpg

100_5084.jpg

100_5085.jpg

Another video

th_100_5086.jpg

More pics

100_5088.jpg

100_5089.jpg

100_5090.jpg

100_5091.jpg

100_5092.jpg

100_5093.jpg

100_5096.jpg

100_5097.jpg

And thus ends our day at Hollywood Studios.

A couple pics as we strolled out of the park

100_5098.jpg

100_5100.jpg

100_5102.jpg

Then I walked over to Fantasia Gardens, and unlike Stef and Donnie, I didn't get lost!!!!!

I like the Great Movie ride! Yes, it could use a little update, but I still love it. Anyone want to take a stab at which part I like the best?

I'll even give you a hint.....it's not "Alien" (that scares me a little)

Come on, that is way too easy.

It has to be the part where they feature Ricky Bobby!

Oh, sorry, I forgot that they don't have any movies from this century.

So, I will change my guess.

It's got to be the munchkins!

TCD

STEF didn't get lost....DONNIE got STEF lost! :P

You got some great pics of the lights. They're tough to get good shots of. Think of the good ones you can get next year with that fancy new camera!! :jumpforjoy

Come on, that is way too easy.

It has to be the part where they feature Ricky Bobby!

Oh, sorry, I forgot that they don't have any movies from this century.

So, I will change my guess.

It's got to be the munchkins!

TCD

:annce:

:bellringer:

You know me too well!

STEF didn't get lost....DONNIE got STEF lost! :P

You got some great pics of the lights. They're tough to get good shots of. Think of the good ones you can get next year with that fancy new camera!! :jumpforjoy

I can't WAIT to try the new camera at WDW!!!! I was actually hoping to have it for the last couple of trips since I ordered it on SEPTEMBER 20!!!!!

Great update, Carol. And for the record I love the GMR, but then I also love all the old movies. My favorite part, Casablanca, best movie EVER!!

I like the old movies too!!! Believe it or not, I have never seen Casablanca!!

One last update, then it's time for me to go and enjoy Christmas!!

Here we are gathering for mini golf!!

100_5103.jpg

100_5104.jpg

Group shot

100_5105.jpg

100_5106.jpg

And several on the course

100_5107.jpg

100_5108.jpg

100_5109.jpg

100_5111.jpg

100_5112.jpg

The pictures don't really show it, but we had a great evening!!! Everybody was climbing all over the props and just generally being silly!!

I got a ride from some folks that were also staying at POP, and called it a night.

Coming next, I FINALLY get over to Universal and the Harry Potter section of Islands of Adventure. I had been holding on to an old park hopper ticket I had from years past just to experience the new area.

Have never dined at Mama Melrose's. It looks pretty good. Is it worthwhile? I like Italian food but it's hard to find good sauce in restaurants, IMO. Either too sweet or too bland.

This is my opinion only, but I think it compares to Olive Garden. I like it but have had better Italian food at home. That said Mama's is one of the few on property restaurant that I still eat at. :)

Have never dined at Mama Melrose's. It looks pretty good. Is it worthwhile? I like Italian food but it's hard to find good sauce in restaurants, IMO. Either too sweet or too bland.

I enjoyed it a lot!!!

This is my opinion only, but I think it compares to Olive Garden. I like it but have had better Italian food at home. That said Mama's is one of the few on property restaurant that I still eat at. :)

Olive Garden has the basic pasta stuff, where Mama's seems to have some unique dishes.

Great update... now I suppose it will be ok for you to take a break for Christmas! ;D

Well, thanks Kim!!! Hope you have a great Christmas too!!

Thanks Carol! Looking forward to the Harry Potter thing!

Harry Potter was "unique". It was an interesting and revealing day.

Whew...caught up. Take a week off and you have to really work to catch up. Loved it so far and can't wait to see Harry Potter. DH and would love to go but have to wait until the kids start/finish reading the books.

Thanks for reading!! I have yet to read the Harry Potter books or seen the movies. I tried to download them on my Nook, but they are not available on e-reader yet, wasn't about to buy all those hardcopy books.

Now that all the excitement of Christmas is over, I can continue on with this report.

My morning walk from my room to the bus stop.

The progress on Lady's paint job

100_5114.jpg

Now, how I got to Universal/IOA. When I arrived at MCO, I went to a Mears desk and purchased a round trip ticket from my resort to Universal. The cost was $19 RT. You do not have to purchase the ticket at the airport, but I wanted to use a credit card, otherwise, it is cash only paid to the driver.

The day before I went to Universal, I called Mears and scheduled my pickup time. The bus showed up right on schedule, and several of us boarded the bus. One nice thing about Pop Century, is it's on the outskirts of property, so is frequently one of the first/last stops for DME and Mears buses. We headed directly to Universal.

My bus time was 7:35 and we arrived at the Universal Parking area around 8:00. Plenty of time to wander. I also stopped by a ticket booth to make sure my ticket really was still valid. It was an old 4-day two-park nonexpiring ticket that we had purchased back in 2004 for only $100!!! I was pretty sure it still had one day left and it did!!!!

Here are some pics as I wandered around before Islands opened.

100_5115.jpg

100_5116.jpg

100_5117.jpg

100_5118.jpg

100_5119.jpg

100_5120.jpg

100_5121.jpg

100_5122.jpg

100_5123.jpg

100_5124.jpg

100_5125.jpg

100_5126.jpg

100_5127.jpg

100_5128.jpg

100_5129.jpg

100_5130.jpg

100_5131.jpg

100_5132.jpg

100_5134.jpg

100_5135.jpg

100_5136.jpg

100_5137.jpg

100_5138.jpg

100_5139.jpg

:jumpforjoy Update!!

When I saw Lady, all I could think was "Thank goodness TCD's barrel painter doesn't have to tackle that!" :rofl2:

$19 round trip to US is a great deal. I would pay that in a heartbeat rather than drive and park there.