We're going to Oregon.....oops make that Washington

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sugar, that is Stef with her googly eyes after her dreams...

Do NOT encourage him, he needs to go put out a fire.

We have picked up 7 mpg more just by dropping the trailer!!! New plan, since the weather is clear we are going to take I90 home. I will get to see more of this great country this great I've never seen

I am still in Montana. It is gorgeous here but the mountains are not making it easy to connect. The good thing is I will have lots of pictures to share.

Right now it is 26 degrees and partly cloudy. Roads are clear and dry with very little traffic.

Mike is taking a nap and I have a good signal so why not share a few more pictures from our journey.

First of all let me admit something. I was very afraid of taking this trip in the winter. Mountains and snow just aren't my thing. Fortunately we had great weather all the way to Washington. Yesterday when we left the temps were in the high 40's. Not bad right? With this in mind we decided to be a little adventurous. Let's not take the same route home, we want to see some of the USA that we hadn't seen yet.

I90 here we come. Sounds great yes? Well it was until we crossed the border into Montana. All of a sudden our great weather turned into a wintery mess.

We are in the mountains, in the dark with with 6% grades around winding mountains. Oh and it was icy. I admit I was a lot scared.

No pictures until we got to the first rest area.

009-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

Thinking this was the dumbest idea we ever had we look at a map to see how to get out of there. Unfortunately our only choice was forward. We made it to St. Regis, Montana and stopped for the night. Thankfully the weather cleared and we decided to stick with 90 and head for home.

Now for some pictures along the way.

012-1.jpg

026-2.jpg

036.jpg

058-2.jpg

One thing I will readily admit. I do not like public restrooms. I especially hate rest areas, but I found a gem of a rest stop in Montana. I'm sure the gal fiends will agree with me this was awesome.

079.jpg

082-2.jpg

And what is behind the door?

080-1.jpg

Moving on.

090.jpg

052-1.jpg

Lunch stop, good food!

121.jpg

125.jpg

Mikes awake, back on the road!! Next stop Deadwood.

This was kind of cool.027-2.jpg

Here's a closer look.030.jpg

And one more for good measure.031.jpg

If you don't like change, you'll love Nebraska!032.jpg

No offense to any Nebraskan Fiends, especially Rob. I'm sure it is a lovely state, I just need to look harder. :rofl2:

We've driven past that monument many times. We never stop because they charge a fee for you to walk through it.

Having grown up in the Papillion area (by the way that is where Rob lives) I would have agreed with you about the Iowa and Nebraska comment. But then I met DH and he is from Arnold, NE (Custer County). So, I will share with you another view of Nebraska that most people don't get to see. Unless they leave the Interstate and take highways through small towns.

P1010212.jpg

There is actually a race every August on this road. The race is called the Sandhills Challenge.

P1010208.jpg