Merry Snickerdoodle and Happy Dole Whip! A TR Full of Christmas Joy!

Your little Christmas tree is adorable! I would love to spend Christmas at the Fort, but too hard to be away from family, so I have to settle for a pre-Christmas trip.

Isn't Lou just the cutest thing? :heartsmiley:

Lots of snickerdoodles? Awesome! :jumpforjoy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat,, 12/16 cont'd again

We head on over to the bus stop, get down to the outpost and are then on our way to DHS. It was about 8 - 8:30, if I had to guess. The traffic waiting to get in was AWFUL. Scary. I had a brief moment of "have we done something stupid?? We're all tired..." But we continued on....it has seriously never taken that long to get to DHS for us.

Anywho...we get there and see the DHS tree:

009.jpg

Maddie affectionately refers to it as "the leaning tree of Disney". Ha! If you look closely at it (not in this picture), it most certainly was leaning just a bit.

The lines to get in were fairly long too (people trying to get over to Fantasmic but it had already started...I could hear them grumbling about it) but that didn't bother us. We were already immersed. We followed the CM's with the light stick things back to where the Osborne Lights entry was. Now I need to give you a bit more background about me.

I had 4 things that were a MUST DO on this trip. I didn't care if we rode one ride, saw one show, etc but missing any of these 4 things may have ruined the trip for me:

1. Osborne Lights

2. Candlelight Processional (which I reserved a dinner package for)

3. MVMCP (which I bought tickets to)

4. Resort Tour for Christmas Decorations

These are all things that I have obsessively planned over the past few months. Reading posts on what to do and how to do it, when the best time to go is. It was almost too much....but in the end it paid off. And....don't flame me for this....but I can be an emotional person from time to time. I just knew that all of these events would give me another reason for Kleenex. Ok, I said it - YES, I am a crier. There is always some moment on each trip to WDW that makes my head leak. I had a feeling I was in store for MANY of these on th

Back to Osborne Lights....all I can say is OH MY GOODNESS. We walked right into the middle of it and there just aren't any words. It was A-MA-ZING!

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

This is a MUST GET picture every time we go...Maddie on Hub's shoulders...LOVE IT.

017.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

047.jpg

LOVED all of the references to Jesus! Love it that Disney doesn't cave to being "PC" in this aspect.

057.jpg

And then came probably my favorite picture of the trip. Funny story - they had this section roped off. I asked Maddie to go sit on the stairs and she kept saying "but mommy, there's a rope there!"...encouraging my sweet girl to break the rules. I'm such a heathen. But the shot was worth it!

060.jpg

I was so impressed, I wasn't sure what to say. It was incredible just taking it all in....watching it snow....seeing the lights dance to music. Definitely one of those moments that will stay imprinted on my brain forever...

And then came probably my favorite picture of the trip. Funny story - they had this section roped off. I asked Maddie to go sit on the stairs and she kept saying "but mommy, there's a rope there!"...encouraging my sweet girl to break the rules. I'm such a heathen. But the shot was worth it!

060.jpg

I hadn't even read this post before posting my last one.. Looks like we are going to have to keep an eye on this trouble maker (but adorable picture). :rofl2: This being said I am now going to have to copy it with my kids when I am down this year.

Way to break the rules Holly!!! >:D Next you will be called drunk, foul mouthed and unruly.

I love your "must get shot", and am very much looking forward to that same shot in about 10 years. Does your hubby work out? :rofl2:

Sat, 12/16 - final recap of the day We enjoyed Osborne Lights so much. That was really the only reason we went to DHS but since we were there, we decided to try and ride a couple of things. Maddie and Hubs rode Star Tours (I really like this ride but have motion sickness issues however will deal with them to ride sometimes. but with the head/sinus/lung congestion I had, I wasn't risking it!) while I walked around for a bit. We then rode Maddie's fave at DHS - Tower of Terror. We waited about 35 mins to ride but that was ok...the only bad thing was, this was the only time we rode it all week! (Maddie rode it 11 times in a row when we were there in Sept. No joke)

Coming up next....a relaxing Sunday morning and a Christmas party that ain't your office Christmas party!

Great pictures on the stairs,you have some good choices on must do things, we used the resort tours as a break from the crowds when we were there over the holidays it;s great to slow down and enjoy the sites, we even managed to get our boys photos taken in front of most of the Christmas Trees, I told them it could be a Christmas gift to their mom, IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been there many times but will always remember the Lights, Snow and Hot Chocolate from the first time. Great TR. Waiting for my Dole Whip. (I wonder if Stef thinks that your tree was a Giant Redwood?? Just asking....)

I hadn't even read this post before posting my last one.. Looks like we are going to have to keep an eye on this trouble maker (but adorable picture). :rofl2: This being said I am now going to have to copy it with my kids when I am down this year.

LOL! I'm not sure if you are referring to her as the trouble maker or me....but either way, you're covered!

Way to break the rules Holly!!! >:D Next you will be called drunk, foul mouthed and unruly.

I love your "must get shot", and am very much looking forward to that same shot in about 10 years. Does your hubby work out? :rofl2:

Stef, you crack me up! If she can still sit on his shoulders when she's 17, trust me - you will hear about it.

And yes he does work out but I think he's gonna have to crank it up a notch to prepare...

I am loving this report!

Great job!

Great job on the photo of Maddie and Buddy!

Great job of the photo of Maddie on the stairs at the Osborne Lights!

Can't wait to read more.

TCD

Thanks TCD!! Hopefully the rest will live up to your standards.

Great pictures on the stairs,you have some good choices on must do things, we used the resort tours as a break from the crowds when we were there over the holidays it;s great to slow down and enjoy the sites, we even managed to get our boys photos taken in front of most of the Christmas Trees, I told them it could be a Christmas gift to their mom, IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

The resort tours were fun....those are coming up soon. And so awesome that you got your boys to take the pictures, and for their mom. That is sweet.

Great report, great pictures!

Don't leave us hangin' . . .

Sorry - that dang full time job gets in the way of fun!! Haha.

Great trip report, can't wait to read more. I love the pic on the steps. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to get the great shot. ;)

You got that right!!

I'm on my home, Holly. I need more of this great TR to read along the way!

Ok, Cherie - safe travels...let me get on it then.

Been there many times but will always remember the Lights, Snow and Hot Chocolate from the first time. Great TR. Waiting for my Dole Whip. (I wonder if Stef thinks that your tree was a Giant Redwood?? Just asking....)

Waiting on my Dole Whip too!!! :)

Loving the trip report so far, Holly. Your pictures of Maddie are precious! I can't wait to hear all about the resorts tour. I've always wanted to do that one.

Holly...the original!

Thanks Original Holly. I love my kid. She's pretty cool.

~Other Holly

Great pictures, Holly. You are in great company here, we are all a bunch of criers. It may be punch induced in my case though, :rofl2:

You just point me in the direction of the scum-bag who punched Doodle. Nobody messes with a fiend (TM) and gets away with it, but esp. not with our Doodle-bug. Which way did he go? Huh? Huh??

Oh, she means a drink? Like hawaiian punch, only better? Oh. Nevermind.

Nice job Holly, even though everyone knows that I don't read TRs.

It was great meeting you guys too.

Buddy is cute, but Maddie with Buddy is even cuter. She's quite the character.

Small correction though. We still have the house in Roswell and visit on a regular basis. We spent Christmas there.