Merry Snickerdoodle and Happy Dole Whip! A TR Full of Christmas Joy!

Sun, 12/18

We.Slept.In.

Isn't it funny when you go on vacation how you always feel like your days are a blur (or is that just me??)? WDW does that to us...always feeling like you're on the go. Making the most of your days so you don't waste your tickets. Having an AP really changed my perspective on going commando in the parks (let me clarify for the heathens - by commando, I am referring to running from sun up to sun down, not doing the parks with no underwear.)

We chilled out ALL morning and most of the afternoon. This is really the first time we have taken time to relax and just hang out while at the Fort. We normally have one down day on our trips...but Maddie and I usually spend that at DTD. It was nice to just hang out, open the windows and veg. It was much needed - mentally, emotionally, physically. I was starting to feel a little better, mostly because I had taken the time to sleep and unwind. That does a body good!

We should have all probably taken naps. We had tickets to MVMCP and I really wanted to stay at MK until midnight. Naps didn't happen, and neither did my plans to close the joint down....but again, that was ok.

We head down to the marina, and as we wait for the ferry we take some pictures:

075.jpg

077.jpg

We get on the ferry, and Maddie takes the camera. She gets her photography bug from me!!

079.jpg

And I return the favor.Check out her nails:

083.jpg

And then guess what we see!

089.jpg

This is another must get photo op:

093.jpg

We head over to MK around 3 or so...we enter as the parade is coming through. Does anyone else do this, or are we the only ones who seem to always choose PARADE TIME to enter MK in the afternoon? Anywho, it seriously worked to our advantage because my first mission was to see Santa and I was hoping there would be a short line.

So we enter MK....we come around The Chapeau and The Confectionery.....and there is moment #2 that gets me everytime. Normally my first view of Cindy's castle makes my head leak, but at this point I was already leaking - BIG TIME - because I got my first glimpse of Main Street in it's decorated glory, just like I had seen on TV, on the internet, etc. I saw the MK Christmas tree. It was overwhelming. I was an emotional wreck - thank GOD for waterproof mascara and sunglasses.

097.jpg

So we head over to see Santa. There are 5 kids in line in front of us. SWEET!

103.jpg

There is something so wonderful and cool about seeing Santa at Disney! Maddie declared several weeks before we left that she didn't want to see Santa anywhere but Disney. No mall Santa, etc. I thought that was cool.

109.jpg

This is a sweet one.

113.jpg

And I love this Mickey wreath!

118.jpg

We take some photos with all of the wonderful Christmas decorations in the background. First we suckered some poor lady into taking a family shot. I actually love this picture - it made it to our Christmas card.

122-1.jpg

This is another one of my faves:

129-1.jpg

Then we stop and watch the Barbershop Quartet and take in more atmosphere.

142.jpg

140.jpg

So.....Santa, CHECK! MVMCP wristbands, GOT TO GET THEM! We head over to Stitch to pick them up and OH MY LORD the line was sooooooooo long. It did go fast but that was the longest line we waited in all afternoon! :)

We head over to Adventureland. Maddie wants to ride PoC. However.....Aloha Isle begins to speak to me, no wait, it's downright yelling at me to stop. So I do. You can't tell Aloha Isle no, can you? So I get my Dole Whip and Hubs decides he wants one too. It's his first one. He liked it...but he didn't want to marry it the way I do!! :)

We get over to PoC and they are having some technical difficulties so we go back and ride Jungle Cruise. Our CM was HILARIOUS. That's a pretty lame ride but if you have the right CM on there, they'll make it a blast. He picked on me a couple of times, which I thought was ok. Kept saying "...if you're wearing green" and I was the only person in a green shirt. We were able to get on PoC after Jungle Cruise.

We rode the train afterward, as we were hoping to get a glimpse of the FLE. We were able to see a little bit but not a lot like we were hoping. Oh well.

We got off the train at Main Street because it was getting dark and too close to 6:15 for my comfort. That's what time they said the castle would be lit and I SHO' NUFF did not want to miss that!!!

We get down there....get comfy...and then it happened!! They turned on the lights. Head leaking again.

190.jpg

192.jpg

194.jpg

W-O-W!!!!!

We leave the lighting ceremony and head over to Pecos Bill's for dinner. We like that place but it wasn't out first choice - we wanted Columbia Harbour House but didn't realize they close it about an hour before MVMCP. No worries - that put us in an EXCELLENT spot to start Mickey's party on Maddie's all time favorite ride....Big Thunder Mountain!!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job Holly, even though everyone knows that I don't read TRs.

It was great meeting you guys too.

Buddy is cute, but Maddie with Buddy is even cuter. She's quite the character.

Small correction though. We still have the house in Roswell and visit on a regular basis. We spent Christmas there.

I remember you saying that you still had the house, and that you'd be there at some point during the holidays. Your son was house sitting, right??

Hmmmm.....I just edited this cuz I had the same picture in there twice and in looking at the pictures again....I need to get my a$$ back on the treadmill! All of the stress during the back half of the year is SHOWING. Haha. (I really don't take myself that seriously)

Great report Holly! I'm the fiend that is always late to the show, but I'm loving it! Maddie is adorable! My head leaks to and I also am pro waterproof mascara and sun glasses, otherwise I think my DH may enforce my meds.. he hasnt completely bought into my Disney obession, he has however been totally sucked in the Fort and Fiend madness.. whoo hoo! Looking foward to more!

Enjoying the TR.

Enjoying the pictures.

My wife cries as well when she sees the castle in all its glory.

My wife cries every time our DD3.5 meets a princess (which is often if she has it her way).

My wife cried the first time DD ever met Mickey when we were at Chef Mickey's.

My wife is probably crying right now just because.

I cry when I see your DH wearing that awful shirt.

Next time I'm up in your neck of the woods I'll bring you some red and black.

Looks like you guys are having a fantastic time!

We certainly did, thank you!

Great holiday pictures Holly!

I love the one of Maddie in front of the countdown sign, you can see the excitement all over her face. :heart:

I thought the same thing when I looked at it. :)

Great report Holly! I'm the fiend that is always late to the show, but I'm loving it! Maddie is adorable! My head leaks to and I also am pro waterproof mascara and sun glasses, otherwise I think my DH may enforce my meds.. he hasnt completely bought into my Disney obession, he has however been totally sucked in the Fort and Fiend madness.. whoo hoo! Looking foward to more!

Thanks Judy. Your DH will come around. It took me 9 years to talk my DH into taking ME to WDW and once we went he was hooked. It is so easy to get sucked into the madness, isn't it?

Love Maddie's festive red & green nail polish!

Thanks!

Enjoying the TR.

Enjoying the pictures.

My wife cries as well when she sees the castle in all its glory.

My wife cries every time our DD3.5 meets a princess (which is often if she has it her way).

My wife cried the first time DD ever met Mickey when we were at Chef Mickey's.

My wife is probably crying right now just because.

I cry when I see your DH wearing that awful shirt.

Next time I'm up in your neck of the woods I'll bring you some red and black.

THEM THERE IS FIGHTIN' WORDS! KEEP YOUR RED AND BLACK!

Sorry - GT runs through my family and Hubs graduated from there....I believe that is the ONLY reason he was allowed to marry me and certainly explains why my father likes Hubs more than he likes me.

I am loving this report. Everything on your must do list is exactly what would be on mine.

Thanks!

Great report so far!

Love the pictures!

Your little girl is especially cute. :)

Thanks and thanks. I do like her quite a bit!! ;)

Sun, 12/18 cont'd

Well, we finished up dinner and headed over to BTMRR. Hubs and Maddie had to go to the restroom so we walked down to the one by Splash Mtn. I wasn't necessarily shocked at the line to see the 7 Dwarves but WOW. We did not wait in that line, but we did watch for a few seconds while folks were having their picture taken. Very cute photo opp....I understand why folks wait in that line.

I had BIG plans for MVMCP. I didn't necessarily plan to wait to see any characters - I figured since MK was supposed to be so crowded all week, my objective was to take advantage of the short waits for the rides. That plan worked fairly well as we did a few rides in a very short amount of time:

*BTMRR

SNICKERDOODLES & HOT CHOCOLATE (as you know, these are free at MVMCP. Best cookies EVER! I thought Hubs was going to need a moment alone with them...

*Haunted Mansion

*Small World (it didn't break down on us this time, THANK GOD!)

*Tea Cups

SNICKERDOODLES

*Peoplemover

*Space Mtn 2x

Then we went and got our places for the fireworks. We got settled in about 30 mins before they started. I knew this was smart, however, it was the move that KILLED our momentum for the evening. Maddie was settling in a little too well....and she actually fell asleep before they ever got started. For the first time in any trip we've taken, I did not take any pictures during Wishes. I am a bit of a photography bug and have a tendency to take so many pictures trying to capture the moment that I fail to actually live the moment. I average around 1000 pictures on each trip to WDW. This trip, there werre 1268. That being said...I just sat back and enjoyed. And I am so glad I did.

At the end of the parade, we moved to try and get a decent place for the parade. We actually did, without lining up 2 hours before! Haha. We ended up sitting where the Main St railroad track splits to make the circle around the hub. It was a great location, as we had a great view of the parade coming toward us, which meant we got to view the floats and participants for quite a while. Here are some shots:

Finally got Maddie to wake up!

203.jpg

204.jpg

209.jpg

And she's excited!

212.jpg

213.jpg

Maddie loves Duffy!

217.jpg

218.jpg

234.jpg

236.jpg

Cindy in her pumpkin carriage!

250.jpg

The Gingerbread Men. Maddie was quick to mention that their backs were flat because they had just come off the cookie sheet! :)

273.jpg

The Toy Soliders - this was my FAVORITE part of the parade!

294.jpg

298.jpg

And, of course, Santa!

314.jpg

Well...I had big plans for the night but I will say we were cold and tired. The parade had just ended and after sitting still since the beginning of Wishes, I just couldn't imagine hoofing around any more. We were all ready to head back. Maddie had wanted to go to the dance parties, so we asked her if she wanted to do that and she said "no, that's ok". So we, along with what felt like 50,000 other people, made our way toward the boat docks/bus stops. At that point, it was snowing on Main Street and there just aren't any words to describe how cool that was.

So, were we tired and cold? Yes.

Did we accomplish everything we set out to do at MVMCP? No.

Did we all leave the party completely satisfied with what we did get done, happy and glad that we invested the additional money in the tickets? WITHOUT A DOUBT! And would do it again in a heartbeat.

Here it was, 11:15pm and we were walking down Main Street to exit the park. My best friend, who lives in Orlando, had taken Monday off to come hang with us and she was asking what time we were meeting at Epcot the next day. I asked Hubs his thoughts and replied "8am". OH BOY! Tired and sick, and here I am making plans to only get about 5 hours of sleep? Tomorrow should be fun.

Coming up next.....a full day of fun with Maddie's favorite adult!