I know the loop we typically stay in ~ 500 ~ are close to the marina and you can hear them fairly well. My dog is sensitive to that noise too, as well as thunder (she turns into a BIG ol' baby) but it doesn't seem to bother her too, too bad.

To answer your question though - close to the marina, you can hear them well. Not sure about loops further away....

Can fireworks be heard at the Fort? How loud is it? We are camping in an RV. We have a very noise sensitive dog (thunder and fireworks)! Thanks!

First of all, :welcome: to Fort Fiends! I'm glad you are jumping in and asking questions! You might want to wander over to the introduction thread and introduce yourself to everyone! ;)

Yes, you can hear the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom at the Fort. My little Lola does not care for them either. I don't think there is anywhere at WDW you can't hear fireworks. I will look later, but I think we have a thread discussing this somewhere already. I will come back and link to it if I can find it. I'm sure others will chime in too!

Hi echo11....WELCOME TO FORT FIENDS!!!!!

As Holly said, you can hear fireworks, but it is not typically an alarming noise. Now the EWP music can be quite loud in the loops closest to the marina, but the fireworks can usually be drowned out by running the fan on your A/C unit, at least in my experience.

Glad to have you here!

Welcome!

We typically stay in the 300 loop - which is fairly close the the marina - and my dogs very definitely notice it. You don't hear everything, mostly the big booms - which of course are the ones that freak the dogs out the most. :(

2 of my 3 don't love it, although neither gets completely freaked out. During the fireworks one will retreat to her crate and the other either curls up in the corner of the bedroom or under the dinette.

It helps to create as much white noise as you can to drown them out - fan or a/c, tv, whatever you can. If you're in a fairly well insulated, hard side TT or MH, that should help quite a bit.

If your dog is REALLY thunderphobic, I'd definitely recommend trying to get a site as far away from the marina as you can. Even still, I'd be prepared to still be able to hear the louder explosions.

There's another thread where people shared ideas/info for thunder phobic dogs HERE

You defintely can hear the fireworks all over the campground. I was in the 2000 loop over New Years this year and they were waking us up they were so loud. Now we have a popup so that might play into it. I have stayed in the cabins and hear them as well but I think that your type of room/camper plays into how loud it is more than your location within the fort. Hopefully this helps.

thanks

Welcome, Echo.

I don't think I have much to add to what has already been said, but I thought you might want to know that you can also hear the Epcot show, illuminations, from the Fort, and even the fireworks from Hollywood Studios on the rare occasions when those are set off (as they were this past NYE).

The good thing about this is that these are scheduled events, and you can have a plan in place to get your dog inside and distracted while the noise is going on.

TCD

Thanks so much for your responses and warm greetings.

I was also wondering about the vibrations during the fireworks. Can you "feel" them? It sounds like the fireworks can be heard all over the Fort. So, moving into a particular loop wouldn't help very much. We have heard good things about the 500 loop and would try for that.

The suggestions on white noise is helpful. We do have a motorhome with insulated windows- don't know if that would cut down on the noise. We can run the a/c fan and also keep the TV on for more background noise. We do have a thundershirt for our dog and also use Rescue Remedy, an herbal anxiety remedy. They only slightly help.

Our main concern is that since it is every night, it might get progressively worse for him. Aside from thunder, fireworks and gunshot noises, he is okay with music. So, he probably would be okay with EWP.

Thanks again for all your help!

We haven't been to WDW for 20 years. We recently purchased a motorhome and are excited about a possible trip to the Fort with our dog!

I was also wondering about the vibrations during the fireworks. Can you "feel" them? It sounds like the fireworks can be heard all over the Fort. So, moving into a particular loop wouldn't help very much. We have heard good things about the 500 loop and would try for that.

The suggestions on white noise is helpful. We do have a motorhome with insulated windows- don't know if that would cut down on the noise. We can run the a/c fan and also keep the TV on for more background noise. We do have a thundershirt for our dog and also use Rescue Remedy, an herbal anxiety remedy. They only slightly help.

I would say no on feeling vibrations from the fireworks. I wouldn't even say that I feel them on the beach.

My dog does not like the fireworks at all.

We camp in a pop-up, and inside with the A/C (or heat) blowing and a TV on, he does not react at all when the fireworks are going off. So, your pup should be fine inside the motorhome.

TCD

Our main concern is that since it is every night, it might get progressively worse for him.

I worried about that our first time - especially because we camped in a hybrid.

All I can say is that in our particular case (all dogs are different) it seemed to have the opposite effect. Brady kind of "got used to it" to the point that he would hide under the dinette during the show, but then come out right after and be fine.

That said, I wouldn't call him a really severe case.

We've used the thundershirt too (as have lots of our doggie friends) and found that it worked best if we had it on some time before the noise started.

To TCD's point, that's easy to do at the Fort because you know when all the shows will be!

Also a good point that you can hear the Epcot fireworks too - although they are a bit further in the distance.

If you're looking to create some distance to dampen the sound some, look at the FW map. For example, while 2000 seems like it's far away, as the crow flies it's probably closer to MK than some other loops. The distance may not make a huge difference (you're going to hear them at least a little no matter where you are), but it could help some.

Good luck!

Welcome Echo11

You can hear them all over the fort as was already said. When we stayed in the 100 & 200 loops in our hybrid we didn't think they were overly loud by ant means. The EWP however was so loud you didn't need to go to the marina. This year we tried the 1600 (full hook up) loop & hardly noticed either one.

On the other hand, the EWP noise, and it is noise, is a big issue for me.

Oh Lou....

Honestly I rarely ever even notice the EWP MUSIC any more - and we usually stay on the canal end of the 300 loop where it's pretty loud.

Then again, I work 100 yards from the runway at the airport and hardly ever notice the planes anymore...

plane.gif

Hi,

We appreciate all the help we have received here.

We are still trying to figure out where best to stay- 500 or 1700 loop. Our end of April or beginning of May vacation of 5-7 days will only involve the Fort. We will not be visiting the other parks. We had finally decided on the 500 loop. Today I read a report from the 400 loop who said the fireworks were very loud! Since it seems the noise of the fireworks will be less at the 1700 loop, that might be better for us. We have a small motorhome with insulated windows, will run the fan and the TV for white noise. Of course noise is subjective. We really want to limit the fireworks noise for our dog as much as possible.

Distance is also an important factor for us to consider. Since the fireworks noise is thought to be less, it seems like it would be much further away. How far a walk is it from the 1700 loop to the marina, settlement area and places to get food and the dog park area? We have looked at the google earth map of the park, but it is still hard for us to figure the distance between areas. Is there info that lets you know the actual distance between areas at the Fort?

We just want to be as sure as possible that we will pick the right location (loop) for us and our dog.

Thanks for your help! This is a great site!

Echo

IMO, the fireworks noise shouldn't be an issue for your dog no matter what loop you're in. Yes, you can hear them, heck I can even hear them from where I live, but I think you're concern is unwarranted.

Someone posted that that the New Years fireworks were loud. Those are not the typical fireworks. They are much closer and last longer.

The firewoks are fired off from behind MK, the straight line distance from there to the beach at the Fort is about 7500 feet, a little over 1-1/4 miles. The closest site will be even further away.

As I posted earlier, our dog is extremely sensitive to thunder, fireworks, fire crackers, and he didn't have a problem at the Fort.