3 nights on the Dream!

Who's ready for a trip on the Disney Dream??

Our story begins on Saturday, January 21. I was just surfing about and started browsing the DCL website. I was curious to see if they offered last minute specials like other cruise lines I had researched.

The Dream was leaving Thursday, January 26 for a 3 night cruise and still had each category of rooms available.

We had planned a trip to go last October but had to cancel and use that money towards a trip to visit family in Arizona. The price of a balcony room was hundreds less than what we would have paid for an interior room. They were offering a discounted fare--Category VGT--Guaranteed Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah. I doubt they will offer this special during peak times (you know, when I and the rest of the world have school breaks) but I plan on keeping a watch on a cruise at the end of May for our 3rd anniversary.

It was too good of a deal to pass up! The restrictions were non-refundable, no name changes once booked, and you could not select the location of your stateroom. That was fine for us! I lucikly had some personal days saved up and my principal didn't blink an eye to sign my leave request.

We left our house at 7am and arrived at Port Canaveral at 1pm. Be sure to bring lots of toll money! The check-in process was slow but at least it was after 1:30 once we boarded so we could go straight to our room. We packed light and used small bags that we carried on with us.

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

Our room location turned out to be great! We were on Deck 6 aft right near an elevator and just a short journey to Cabanas, our first stop after dropping off our bags.

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

The cabin was fantastic! I grew up traveling with Princess Cruises (Platinum member) and our room made those cabins very inferior. The spilt bathrooms were wonderful (including a good sized tub/shower), two closets and multiple drawers, couch, and a full sized Queen bed (Princess offers 2 twin beds that can be combined together but the gap isn't comfortable).

The Cabanas buffet was superior to Princess as well. The selection and quality was great as well as dining on the deck. The free sodas were a nice surprise too.

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

Deliberate Mickey

DSC_0322.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. We're gonna have to do one sometime.

And kudos on the Deliberate Mickey. I'm glad someone around here gets it.

Do CMs get discounts on cruises like they can for resort reservations?

ok.. I'm in. I wanna do a cruise!!

Very nice! So ready to hear more!!

We go on the Fantasy in April 2013. Yay.... But that's a looooooong time from now.

I see your tickers say 1 year till your cruises. Wow, I'm impressed with your patience! It will be worth it though.

Wow, what a nice room....I am so ready to go book a cruise, if only the bank account agreed with me! Looking forward to more pics and stories!

We loved our room, it was very comfortable! However I've looked at the interior rooms and they seem just as fine. Whatever is cheapest works for us!

After our delicious meal at Cabanas, DH went back to the room to nap and I toured the public areas before things became too crowded.

Right outside our door. The hallway noise never bothered us though. Instrumental Disney music was played over the speakers and it made for a very calming environment.

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

The main atrium where the character appearances happened

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

Their picture organization system puts Princess to shame

DSC_0371.jpg

I just love this mosaic style of art

DSC_0340.jpg

This hallway led to the shops and the Walt Disney Theater

DSC_0342.jpg

The shops are only opened when the ship is at sea. It can make things pretty crowded at night with no sea day on the 3 night voyages.

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

Each night had a different Broadway-style stage show. Two performances are offered to compliment your dinner seating.

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

The Buena Vista Theater showed first run Disney movies, some in 3D.

DSC_0374.jpg

The DIstrict is the adult entertainment area, offering 5 clubs and lounges (I don't have a picture of Evolution)

DSC_0329.jpg

District Lounge offers live music

DSC_0332.jpg

687, a sports lounge

DSC_0333.jpg

Pink, a cocktail bar

DSC_0334.jpg

Skyline, a cocktail bar

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

D Lounge, a family lounge

DSC_0336.jpg

There are three restaurants on the Dream. You have a set rotation and visit each restuarant. Your wait staff remains the same. Our rotation was Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace, and Animator's Palate.

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

Super long hallway from the atrium to Animator's Palate. They had nice artwork displayed on the left wall.

DSC_0353.jpg

You got me thinking so I checked CM rates and availability. As long as I can get my passport renewed on time, we're going.

Five nights, veranda room, on the Dream in 4 weeks, $750. I'm thinking that's a pretty good price.

You can pay extra for express service at some places.. I think. Now I'm jealous, that is a super duper rate.....

It is gorgeous, I love that you took so many pictures of the total environment on board!

I'll have the next update up tomorrow afternoon. A lot more of the ship in store for you!

You got me thinking so I checked CM rates and availability. As long as I can get my passport renewed on time, we're going.

Five nights, veranda room, on the Dream in 4 weeks, $750. I'm thinking that's a pretty good price.

Wow Lou, that's a great rate! Be sure to come back and write a report for us!

Oh why dont you just talk about my mama too while you are at it Lou...... looks like its good to be Lou too

Great pictures thanks for sharing.....how did you get so many pics without people in them

People were either still boarding, eating lunch, or up top for the Sailaway party. The rest of the weekend was much more crowded however.

Great job, rm0530!

Your photos are really good!

The TCD gang has not sailed on the Dream yet, but we have looked into it.

There have been a few Florida resident deals that have popped up recently, but we haven't been able to take advantage of them.

So, I look forward to more of your great photos!

Lou- if the price you originally posted and then edited out is right, you got a really good deal on a 5 night cruise.

TCD

I'm sorry for the delay. I had every intention of getting a post up yesterday but wasn't able to get online. I'll get one up next.

Great job, rm0530!

Your photos are really good!

The TCD gang has not sailed on the Dream yet, but we have looked into it.

There have been a few Florida resident deals that have popped up recently, but we haven't been able to take advantage of them.

So, I look forward to more of your great photos!

Lou- if the price you originally posted and then edited out is right, you got a really good deal on a 5 night cruise.

TCD

I got a new camera for Christmas and this was the first big chance I had to use it. So far I can use the auto mode and no flash mode. I can't wait to see what it can do once I learn how!

And yeah, lucky Lou!

Can't wait to see more. I would love to take a cruise. I just have to convince the DH!

Oh it's wonderful! Board the ship and all you have to worry about is what to do and what to eat. Hopefully you can show him this report and use it to your advantage.

Oooooh, the memories, I wanna go back!!!!

I came and read your TR once we booked. It helped me get excited (as if I needed any help lol)

Great pictures!! I LOVE cruising and hope to able to on the Fantasy next year!

Oh yeah, the Fantasty would be awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing the differences and how they improved upon the Dream.

You got some really great pictures! The food looks delicious, and I like the pink cocktail lounge. Can't wait to see more, looks like you had a great time. :suspense:

Hi Stef! I thought about you on the way home. We had stopped at a rest area outside on Orlando and Zac's tour bus was parked. I didn't get a picture though :(