Free BEER for you! Which site is the best?

Ok now that I've got attention.

I've been reading and searching for hours on his forum and I can not decide what site/loop would be best for us. A little info on our family. Me(43), wife(I'm not telling and getting in trouble), DD(7). We are renting Donnie's 5th wheel for Christmas and New Years 2012-2013. We will have a golf cart. My DD wants to be next to the swimming pool, DW wants loop 100, 200, or 300 to be close to marina, TE, and Crockett's Tavern, I'm thinking loop 1600 or 1700 to save money, for beer. Lol

I looked at pictures of different loops and sites and to be honest they're all starting to look the same. So you experienced Fort Fiends that know this place like the back of your hand, telling me which site is the best and why.

Thanks. I look forward to reading your responses and maybe the person that sells me on their favorite site and if they're at the Fort this Christmas I will buy them a

beverage of their choice

Really, with a golf everything is close. The preferred sites are certainly closer to the settlement, but they are a lot smaller and tighter. If Donnie's doing the backing then that doesn't matter! Personally, I think I'd choose the full hook-up because it is cheaper and the sites tend to have much more space than the preferred. Again I'll say, with a golf cart it really doesn't matter what loop you're in.

If you will only be getting around via golf cart then I'd say go full hookup. But if you think you and DW would like taking walks, I like the locations closer to the marina. Nothing like strolling over to the Settlement area and along the beach. We really enjoy our walks at the Fort. You can certainly walk places from 1600, but it sounds like your wife wants to be close to the marina. But like I said, if y'all aren't big walkers then it doesn't matter.

Hmm, I've always heard that if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

[not that the rule works when you have a house full of boys who don't care, LOL]

With a golf cart, getting to the pool won't be an issue. So I would go for the preferred [since you aren't doing the backing in] and enjoy the closeness of the Marina and beach.

No beer here because I didn't give you a specific site number. I will let the experts handle that.

No. :hah:

They said Free BEER! :jumpforjoy

How about 617? :clint:

Rats!

You beat me to the punch!

I was going to say 617!

Seriously though, to answer your question, H2O, you will not find any consensus here as to which site is the best in Fort Wilderness. I know Fiends who always stay on the 100 loop. I know Fiends who always stay on the 300 loop. Then there are those who swear by 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, and 900. There are some who prefer 1200/1300 and then some who love the 1400 loop. Then there are some who swear by the full hook up loops, where the 1600 and 1700 loops are favorites, but there are some folks who prefer the 1800 loop.

During the time of year you are planning to visit, you will be paying premium prices. When you factor in tax, a full hook up site will cost you about $25 a day less than a premium site. That adds up. The 1600 loop is close to the pool. I would think about the 1600 loop.

One more suggestion is that the fellow you are renting the 5th wheel from has more experience at the Fort than almost anyone who posts on this site, myself included. I would talk to him about what you are interested in, and see what he suggests for you.

The last thing I'll say is that whatever you decide, you had better make your reservations soon. Christmas and New Year's reservations are hard to come by.

TCD

The last thing I'll say is that whatever you decide, you had better make your reservations soon. Christmas and New Year's reservations are hard to come by.

TCD

This is the most important piece of info posted so far!! As for sites if you aren't doing the backing it doesn't really matter.. you are at the Fort (which is the most important part).

I would say 1600. That time of year is going to kill you at preferred and premium levels on price. That means no beer! :argh: You can walk to the pool from there and you can take the cart everywhere else. If I had your money to spend, that is where I would stay. :rofl2:

I like anything on the inside on 1600 or 1700. They seem to be roomier. I have a big screen house and I will put it up if we are staying for longer than the weekend. I like 1600 and 1700 because of the extra room you have. It seems that you have more room for that kind of stuff on the inside loops. We stayed on 1634 for Thanksgiving and really liked it, but that was on the outside loop.

Thanks Judy already has a premium site reserved for us but we might be able to change it preferred or full hook up. Whats is ":YOUR" favorite site and why?

Which ever one my parents park their motorhome on. Beggars can't be choosers (although we do get away with "We want to meet you guys down at the Fort at Disney" and their motorhome always seems to be there when we arrive).

Some of the 1600 sites will put you right across from the sidewalk to the pool, making it about as close a walk as possible. We stayed in 1634 for Thanksgiving - perfect for walking to the pool but right next to the CS so a tad busy, Also for some odd reason, the sewer hookup really smelled... even after everything was hooked up. I liked the site location but, given a choice, I'd have moved down towards 1500 just a few sites further away from the CS. That would be perfect for the pool and close to the bus stop too.

Over Halloween we had the opposite end of the spectrum with 1715. It was a great site if you like to spread out. It's also very easy to back into. Very roomy and quiet. We spend a good of time at the site & DH enjoyed sitting outside watching everyone enter/leave on the main road from the outpost. It's on that first turn on the 1700 loop so a hike to the CS & bus stop. While I liked the larger 1700 sites, I didn't especially enjoy the walk to the bus/CS. The pool was walkable if you wanted to, but I didn't imagine it'd be a pleasant walk with wet kids, towels, and pool toys in tow. Being lazy-butts we used the cart to go everywhere.

1800-1900 were mini-wetlands after the rains and the bugs were bad. Even dry, those sites have drop-offs with less useable off-the-pad space. IMO choose anywhere but there.

Any site between the marina and the meadows will do just fine. They are walking distance from each other. I obsess over getting a good site too. I need to relax. Since I'm going to be there on SUNDAY! If the RV holds together. Going back out to the garage now. Just got finished with this job (no not my site, but it saved me lots of trouble)

http://norvette.angelfire.com/