I think if we all look at what Disney offers it is a great deal. I just talked to a friend that always says Disney is a rip-off and gives me crap for going. Well he told me he had no problem spending around a thousand dollars for 1 day at the county fair for 4 people.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think most (sensible) spreadsheet folk (like me) put together a spreadsheet-o-fun just to pass away the hours, days, weeks, months that come before the actual trip. You'd vomit over my color-coded

We will be in Cedar Poiny July16-19, although it's not Disney we do like the campground and deal with the lines for some great coasters!!!!!!

The campground at Cedar Point is pretty awesome isn't it!!

My family, my vacation, my money. Some of the guys I work with envy the fact that we spend time at Disney. Others give me that "You're going back again?" speech. I ask them why they think it's any of their business or concern. One of them just spent 4 nights in NYC with his wife. They shopped and went to shows and restaurants where they ate things I didn't recognize. Oh dear God...jam bamboo under my nails... But ya know what? It's what they like to do, and they had a great time, so good for them. I'd never down-talk their trips. What others do on vacation doesn't have any effect on me, and they shouldn't worry about my choice of destinations.

As far as Disney goes, I think it falls under the old addage of "You get what you pay for". Is it cheap? Nope. Do you get a lot for your money? Absolutely.

Friend think we are nuts for having a rv and people at work say that I am crazy you drive a tractor trailer all week at work then you tow something almost as big on vacation!!!!!! I tell them it's different when i drive where I want to go, then they try it and guess who they come to with all their questions.

My family, my vacation, my money. Some of the guys I work with envy the fact that we spend time at Disney. Others give me that "You're going back again?" speech. I ask them why they think it's any of their business or concern. One of them just spent 4 nights in NYC with his wife. They shopped and went to shows and restaurants where they ate things I didn't recognize. Oh dear God...jam bamboo under my nails... But ya know what? It's what they like to do, and they had a great time, so good for them. I'd never down-talk their trips. What others do on vacation doesn't have any effect on me, and they shouldn't worry about my choice of destinations.

As far as Disney goes, I think it falls under the old addage of "You get what you pay for". Is it cheap? Nope. Do you get a lot for your money? Absolutely.

Ditto what you said!!!

I'll add something to this.

Six Flags over GA is practically in my backyard. I can be there in about 25-30 minutes. It costs our family ~$100-120 to buy tickets, ~$14 or so to park, ~$50-100 in food. Maddie will get a free ticket this year for completing 6 hours of reading, so you can reduce the ticket price above by about $35-40.

I met Hubs at Six Flags in 1990. It was both of our first jobs.

I would rather drive 7+ hours, pay hundredS of dollars for tickets, hundredS for a hotel, $80 in gas round trip in my hybrid, hundredS for food ANY DAY OF THE WEEK than spend 8 hours and SIGNIFICANTLY LESS MONEY at Six Flags.

That's just how I feel.

In fact, we are doing that this coming weekend. We leave tomorrow and come home on Monday.

I recently watched a dvd on theme parks. They raved about how inexpensive this one was in PA. The daily cost is $39 for unlimited riding on rides that you would find at your local carnival or maybe a county fair. Now I can buy a 10 day pass with park hoppers for $335 or so. That's even less than the "inexpensive" place. Seeing the photos and what they had on the DVD, it is not even close to the calibur of Walt Disney World. WE spent a week in Northern Minnesota fishing and it cost us over $2500. I could do that at WDW.

I'll add something to this.

Six Flags over GA is practically in my backyard. I can be there in about 25-30 minutes. It costs our family ~$100-120 to buy tickets, ~$14 or so to park, ~$50-100 in food. Maddie will get a free ticket this year for completing 6 hours of reading, so you can reduce the ticket price above by about $35-40.

I met Hubs at Six Flags in 1990. It was both of our first jobs.

I would rather drive 7+ hours, pay hundredS of dollars for tickets, hundredS for a hotel, $80 in gas round trip in my hybrid, hundredS for food ANY DAY OF THE WEEK than spend 8 hours and SIGNIFICANTLY LESS MONEY at Six Flags.

That's just how I feel.

In fact, we are doing that this coming weekend. We leave tomorrow and come home on Monday.

We live just a few miles from Holliday World (The cleanest &friendliest park in the world ahead of Disney) and I hate the place wont even go for free. I would rather drive 800 miles to go to Disney. And yes if you sit down and figure up what you are getting for your money the busses, boats, shows, rides and all the beautiful things to look at ti's a great deal.

Almost forgot the Monorail

I live a hop, skip and jump from Kings Island. I've been once and that was enough for me. My youngest who is 10 has never been there. He would rather save up for a trip to Disney every other year than go there.

You haven't read my tag, have you?

Now say something Snarky to cancel it out.

Oh I read it...I just don't care. :clint:

I'm at work...and I pi$$ people off for a living. :popo:

Seriously, I'm sorry for being nice to you. I'll try not to let it happen again. :raspberry:

It gets so old constantly hearing people whine about us going to Disney. Between friends & family I get my fill every year. When they complain. I just ask if it's costing them anything & why do you care? Personally I'd rather spend 2 1/2 days & $1000 on gas then spending 20 minutes driving to Boston for anything there.