It's Called Leap Day-Not Sleep Day-OMDD with the TCD Gang!

Phooey!

We would have loved to get a photo with Snow White and all the dwarfs- but we didn't know they were out anywhere.

Where were they?

And were Mickey and Minnie in their PJ's for your photo?

We got a "tip" from a photopass photographer that you could only find them in their PJ's at midnight at the flagpole on Main Street. That turned out to be a bad tip.

TCD

We found out that Snow was in front of "Friar Nook".

We waited in line for 45 minutes before they came out and then we were one of the last groups to get photo's before they went back in for 30 minutes.

Mickey and Minnie were inside Town Square - Mickey's normal meet and greet.

I have the pics at home and I will try and remember to bring them to work tomorrow.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You were right until 1996. The MK originally had two riverboats: The Admiral Joe Fowler and the Richard F Irvine. The AJF was accidentally destroyed during a refurbishment, and the RFI was renamed

We fiends need a checklist- 1. ride the barrels 2. find a spike 3. get a sunset pic over .. well anything. 4. kick someone off TNBob's dock 5. gaze upon the wonder of Cindy's Castle from the beach 6.

Good idea. I am glad that I asked the lady. I thought beard might have been slang for something that I didn't want to know about. Why stop at 10? 11. Eat a GAG. 12. Give Lou a hug. 13. Shimmy up a

TCD,

Wow, I don't look at the trip report section for a couple of days and when I do there is a TCD trip report that is already 5 pages long!!!!

I am all caught up and enjoying your trip report as always!

Your a good Dad (and Mrs. TCD, a good Mom!) to let the twins miss some school. We do that with our boys, but instead of missing school to go to Disney (I wish!) they miss school to go skiing!

Looking forward to more!

Heidi

I had planned getting some chat time in tonight but instead spent an hour and a half just catching up on TR's. The crowds were a lot bigger than I expected to see for a 6am opening. Great pics and reporting thus far in true TCD style,Ill try to keep up now!

Alright, I'm back. Sorry about the delay.

I will respond to some of the comments, and then we will get this thing cranked back up!

Did you look and see if the goofy bench was back? Am I jumping the gun? ???

You are jumping the gun, but I'll answer your question now so you don't have to wait.

The Goofy Bench is still MIA.

Well, I started reading on the same day, but since it is blocked at work, I made the third page. Oh well, keep going and BTW, whenever anyone mentions the bakery, all I can think of are the cinnamon rolls.

Best Regards,

Norm

Hey Norm!

Thanks for reading along. I think of the same thing. It's funny that we only just tried the Main Street cinnamon rolls recently, but now I always think of them too when we pass by the bakery.

Crap.

Another TCD TR.

Now I will run down the batteries on my phone all day tomorrow waiting for updates.

Darn you, TCD.

Sorry about that.

And there weren't even any updates yesterday.

Today should be another story.

Looks like you are having a great time! Those cinnamon rolls are the best!

We did have a great time, and those cinnamon rolls are the best.

Got here late and all I can say is that I am so envious of TCD and the TCD twins for being able to do this. I wanted to, but the State of Florida had other plans...*#@%&^% FCAT Writes. Have I told y'all lately how much I despise our state's standardized testing?

I'm glad that I am at least able to participate vicariously through this TR!

Wow, I didn't realize that FCATS were going on at this time. I guess we lucked out since the girls are in 11th grade. I think that may have been a big factor in why there were so few kids at the MK during the morning and afternoon.

I hate the FCATS too!

Thank you for the gratuitous pood forn pic of those cinnamon rolls. Those suckers are.....to.......die........FOR!!!!! :rofl2:

But seriously....they ARE to die for. Oh my, I could eat one now.

You're welcome Dave.

Those might be the only food photos I have for you.

And what is it with you Tennessee guys and the "to die for" phrase?

I was waiting for this report. When I first heard about this day I thought to myself this has TCD and the Twins written all over it. Oh and if you look at your trolley party photo the CM has a beard.

LOL! I didn't notice the beard.

now that wasn't so hard, do you feel better now that you came out? Z snap for Dave! :rofl2:

Oh brother.

Here are the photo's.

VP2aV.png

lNl7V.png

Wow! Those are awesome. We completely missed that. We also apparently missed Phineas and Ferb. And the thing is, my DD's downloaded the new Disney iphone Ap, and it looked like they were updating things throughout the day. When night came around, though, there were no updates about these rare character meeting opportunities. I guess it is all for the best, though. I'm not sure we would have wanted to wait on lines to meet characters.

TCD

Rope? Phone cord? Bungees? :))

No apologies necessary, just keeping you on your toes.

None of the above.

And thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Somebody has to do it.

So happy to see yet another TCD trip report...I am still plugging along on the NYE one! What a great idea to ride every ride at MK, I would love to do that!!

Thanks, I'm glad that you are reading along.

I didn't think this one would be that long, but we are not even near the half-way point yet.

So, you will have a lot more reading to do!

TCD,

Wow, I don't look at the trip report section for a couple of days and when I do there is a TCD trip report that is already 5 pages long!!!!

I am all caught up and enjoying your trip report as always!

Your a good Dad (and Mrs. TCD, a good Mom!) to let the twins miss some school. We do that with our boys, but instead of missing school to go to Disney (I wish!) they miss school to go skiing!

Looking forward to more!

Heidi

No skipping school for skiing for us.

I'm glad that we let the girls miss for Leap Day. They really wanted to do it, and who knows if the MK will ever be open for 24 hours straight again.

I am not going to comment on those pics of Ms White and all the short dudes. Not...gonna......do it......

If I had known about this photo-op, I probably would have stood in line just so I could post a photo for you, Dave.

I had planned getting some chat time in tonight but instead spent an hour and a half just catching up on TR's. The crowds were a lot bigger than I expected to see for a 6am opening. Great pics and reporting thus far in true TCD style,Ill try to keep up now!

Thanks, Mike.

As we are about to see, that big crowd at 6 am was misleading. The reason it was so crowded is that they had us regular slobs shoved over to one side so they could keep the middle and the other side of the entry area open for VIP's and the filming they were doing. Once they let us in, everybody spread out in the park, and I don't thing there were a lot of other folks who came early after the initial rush. We had no waits for anything all morning, which was great.

TCD

Let's roll.

We left off with us heading toward Adventureland.

And, here we go!:

IMG_9608.jpg

Who remembers the old bridge here?

It used to not be flat.

But, they flattened it recently.

I liked it better when it arched.

But nobody asked me.

As you can see, once the fog burned off, it was a beautiful morning.

Look at that beautiful flowering tree over there. Remember this was on February 29th:

IMG_3421.jpg

We heard rumors that there would be special characters appearing in the park over the day, so we peeked in to the Fairy area to see if anything new was going on in there:

IMG_9610.jpg

IMG_9609.jpg

Nothing was.

So, where to now?

Well, the first Adventureland attraction we came to was the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. The first time I visited WDW, I loved this stupid thing. I thought it was amazing. The girls think it's dumb. So I asked if they wanted to climb up it. They said everything means everything. So, we headed on in:

IMG_3422.jpg

Here's me and Twin #2 at the treehouse:

IMG_9613.jpg

And here the the treehouse kitchen:

IMG_9616.jpg

I have always wanted to hop the rope in one of the treehouse scenes and hang out for a while as folks walk by. The girls said I should go over and act like I was taking a drink out of the sink. That would make a funny picture, right? Yes, it would. But I decided that I didn't want to get myself in trouble today, so I passed.

I don't think that I mentioned yet that there were a lot of interesting guests in the park today. Like this guy, who we called "Stitch Dude." He had on a Stitch headband, and a Superman shirt. He was also wearing giant stuffed Stitch hands. For some reason, he was all alone:

IMG_3426.jpg

The next thing we came to was Alladin's Magic Carpets.

Everything means everything, so on we went:

IMG_9627.jpg

The girls' self portrait got photobombed by some old dude:

IMG_9630.jpg

Then it was Jungle Cruise time!

Here are the TCD twins with the back side of water:

IMG_3435.jpg

Our skipper was great. He had a lot of jokes that we hadn't heard before.

They added a couple of pretty realistic ducks at the end of the ride:

IMG_3436.jpg

Then it was time for the Tiki Room:

IMG_9641.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

For some reason, we popped into Frontierland briefly, and ran into Brer Rabbit:

IMG_3444.jpg

But we weren't done with Adventureland.

We still had to do Pirates.

Check!

IMG_3448.jpg

And that was that!

We were done with Adventureland.

From here, we headed over to Splash Mountain.

Along the way, we saw this dude:

IMG_9643.jpg

Who let him in?

I thought they didn't allow this kind of stuff in the MK?

I love the details around Splash Mountain:

IMG_9644.jpg

There seemed to be a bit of a line at Splash.

So, we got Fastpasses, and headed over to Tom Sawyer Island.

Yes, I said Tom Sawyer Island.

Everything means everything.

We don't go to Tom Sawyer Island a lot.

But we were going today.

There it is over there:

IMG_9648.jpg

I never realized that they actually have to steer the boats with these big rudders:

IMG_3453.jpg

I did something dumb as we headed over to the island. I played know-it-all guy, and told the girls, in a loud voice how this boat was really on rails, and the driver wasn't really steering the boat at all. Sure enough, we heard the people next to us start discussing that "fact," and they ended up asking the castmember if the boat was on rails. She confirmed that it was not (which is pretty obvious). That was fun. We are easily amused in the TCD gang. We do that type of thing on other rides too. Like in the stretching room of the HM, I will tell the girls how this room is actually a big elevator, and that they had better hold on, just in case there's a drop. That kind of thing.

But, I digress . . .

Check out the cool ears that girl has on:

IMG_3454.jpg

Those are home-made.

Good job on those!

I am posting this photo of the map of Tom Sawyer Island here. But, we will come back to this in the next update. I discovered something new on the island on this trip, and it isn't mentioned on the map:

IMG_9663.jpg

I love these identification signs that you can find all over WDW. I like to know about the trees that are growing around WDW, so I always try to get a photo of these signs when I see them:

IMG_3456.jpg

One of our favorite things on Tom Sawyer Island is the barrel bridge. Here is the Haunted Mansion, as seen from the Barrel Bridge exit:

IMG_3457.jpg

And, for no real reason, here's a photo of the Barrel Bridge exit sign:

IMG_3458.jpg

This is what you call a beefcake photo:

IMG_9675.jpg

Some hoodlums painted graffiti on the fence here on the island:

IMG_9667.jpg

With the warm winter that we have, the azeleas around WDW have been in bloom for a few weeks. They were still in bloom there on the island:

IMG_9677.jpg

While we were there on the island, we saw the River Boat approaching:

IMG_3460.jpg

We needed to ride that.

I suggested that we head over there next. I was thinking about lunch at Columbia Harbor House, so that would work in to my plan nicely.

Here we are on the way back to the mainland. We never saw anyone else with the shirt on that you see in the background of the photo, but it was a Leap Day shirt:

IMG_9678.jpg

Also aboard with us was a guy who had on a button saying he was going to visit both WDW and DL today. We thought that was genius! What a fun idea, and if anyone wanted to do that, today would be the day. I later saw something in the news about a couple who tried to do this, but they got stuck in traffic and didn't make it. I don't know if it was this guy or not.

Next up, we will be heading to the River Boat.

We hadn't been on the River Boat in a long, long, time.

But we were going to ride it today!

TCD

Nice update!!

I know folks that visit WDW and DL on the same day after most of their WDW trips, even on a regular operating day. They are some friends of mine that live in LA, and have two coast Premium APs.

They go to a park at WDW early in the morning, have a direct flight to LAX, then head to Disneyland once they get home.

NO, we can't head to the River Boat! What did you find on Tom Sawyers island??

Nice beefcake photo. :))

The River Boat pic you got is great! I like how it's coming around the bend and how you can see HM on the right and the TSI bridge on the left. Well done.

Anxious to hear about your boat ride. I know I've never rode it as an adult...so that's been a LONG time.

Great update, Andrew!! You've covered a lot of ground already!!

Yes we did cover a lot of ground quickly.

The next batch of photos will show that despite the crowd we were in at opening, the park really wasn't very busy. We didn't have to wait for anything in Adventureland. Jungle Cruise and Pirates were walk ons. That was nice.

Nice update!!

I know folks that visit WDW and DL on the same day after most of their WDW trips, even on a regular operating day. They are some friends of mine that live in LA, and have two coast Premium APs.

They go to a park at WDW early in the morning, have a direct flight to LAX, then head to Disneyland once they get home.

With the time zone changes and a direct flight, I am sure it is possible to do even when there are not extended hours. I guess it would be fun, but it seems like an awful amount of trouble to go to. I wonder how many folks did it on the 29th?

TCD

NO, we can't head to the River Boat! What did you find on Tom Sawyers island??

Nice beefcake photo. :))

The River Boat pic you got is great! I like how it's coming around the bend and how you can see HM on the right and the TSI bridge on the left. Well done.

Anxious to hear about your boat ride. I know I've never rode it as an adult...so that's been a LONG time.

Man, you are jumping the gun again!

I saw the new thing on Tom Sawyer island from the River Boat.

So, we are about to get to that.

And, it has been too long since you have been on the Riverboat.

Maybe my photos will convince you to take a ride the next time you visit.

TCD

Man, you are jumping the gun again!

I saw the new thing on Tom Sawyer island from the River Boat.

TCD

Geez, sooooorrrry! You said you found something ON the island, then you ended with " heading to the River Boat"

I thought you forgot!

:sarc3:

Gee whiz! Marijuana dude is pushing a stroller. Classy. That wouldn't be the conversation I'd like to have with my boys just yet. I didn't think those type T shirts were allowed either. Booo!

On a nicer note. I am very Pro-TSI. Great photos you got there. Next time I overhear a know-it-all dude I'll be wondering if he is just messing with the other guests. :rofl2: