Stop the Presses! Big News at the MK!

Well, this will be big news to some people.

Recently, in CK2's trip report, there was a brief discussion about the Goofy Bench at the Magic Kingdom.

In case you missed it, this was part of the discussion:

Well, the TCD research department has come through with some information on the Goofy bench.

First of all, this is it:

goofy-130.jpg

I can't believe some people say they never saw it.

This thing sat in front of Tony's restaurant for years.

In fact, as far as I knew, it was still there.

Well, I have now heard from an anony-"mouse" MK CM and I have the scoop.

First, the Goofy statue on the bench did talk. But it malfunctioned often, and they finally gave up on fixing it a few years ago. That is why I never heard it talk.

And, then a year or so ago, while they were doing some renovations in the area, the bench and Goofy was removed and taken away to be fixed. Word is that the Goofy has been fixed and that he will be coming back. He is even going to talk. The only problem currently is that they forgot to put an electric source out there when the renovations were done.

This is WDW we are talking about, after all.

So, CKCK, you did not miss the Goofy bench.

Well, actually you did, but you missed it because it isn't there at the moment.

So there you go.

You asked.

And you received.

Is this a great message board, or what?

TCD

Well, guess what?

An impeccable source tells me that the Goofy Bench is now back in all of its glory.

You heard it here first. Fortfiends.net provides a scoop again!

I will make a point to get a photo on my next visit.

TCD

I may have to make a special trip Saturday!!

Bragging rights to whoever posts the first photo.

TCD

p.s. I meant to add that the word I hear is that Goofy is not talking at the moment, even though he supposedly is fixed and is capable of talking.

p.p.s. You can see the high-tech electric cord dangling below Goofy's butt in that photo. I hear the cord is still there, but there is no longer an electric outlet nearby. But, give them time, they will figure it out- it's only been a year.

What would I get for an old photo?? I know I've got several somewhere I could search for to win the race. Not sure you'd believe me if DS34 & Starla looked younger than DD11 but hey a girl's gotta try...

I think I am going there tomorrow. I will try and get a photo. I just saw him on Monday. Why didn't I get a photo. But it will probably be a week before I post it I haven't figured out my Ipad photo posting yet. I will try to add some old photos with it