• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone asked, when should I come in order to avoid the annoying, loud, rude, and obnoxious groups? I said, oh, you know the Fiends. Fiends, I don't know about the Fiends, I'm referring to the Brazili

You've obviously mistaken me for a hip person. Do they even use that word anymore? See what I mean.

For the first nine years, I use to do a full day every week at the Orlando airport greeting 4 or so families. As I greeter I would hold up a GKTW sign at the exit to the gates, take them to get their

OK I know one of the answers.

Are there official names for colors used when painting things at WDW? Like the auto companies do...create unique colors for Disney?

The back ground colors to almost all things Disney are...... Blend in Brown and Go Away Green, anyway thats what they were called when I was working on the structural drawings for Port Orleans resort in 1989.

Are there official names for colors used when painting things at WDW? Like the auto companies do...create unique colors for Disney?

The back ground colors to almost all things Disney are...... Blend in Brown and Go Away Green, anyway thats what they were called when I was working on the structural drawings for Port Orleans resort in 1989.

Very cool bit of info!!

Neat!

OK, here's one for you. You said the buses stop running when the park is completely empty. Exactly HOW do they determine that there park is completely empty of guests? That seems like an impossible task.

OK, here's one for you. You said the buses stop running when the park is completely empty. Exactly HOW do they determine that there park is completely empty of guests? That seems like an impossible task.

Yeah...are there bathroom and store sweeps? Does transportation get a call saying to call it quits? What happens if someone is missed?

These are the best answers I could find...

"They use specially trained sniffer gators and cattle prods."

"Well, first they sweep the park with organic sensing lasers, then they bring out the alien repulsor beams, then they release the happy sleeping gas and relocate your sleeping body to Universal Studios and let them deal with it. That's what a cousin of my friend's uncle told me who used to work on that one ride by that tree."

"Dogs. And big sticks."

"The missiles and the radar monitoring team are always mission ready"

"Once all CM's don their masks, Magic Fairy dust vaporizes all others. Seriously."

ok so seriously.... this info was posted on a forum a few years ago...

"A bunch of CMs in a triangle start at a specific point in the park (say the back of Tomorrowland) and move forward sweeping everybody out. If there are any guests staying behind (waiting for someone in a restroom, straggling behind in a store, just plain being stubborn, or whatever else) one or two CMs will break off and go stand by the guests while the rest of the triangle plows forward."

and another interesting tidbit from a few years ago on a forum, from someone that seems to be a stragler often...

"I'm not a CM, but as someone who is frequently the last non-CM being "swept" out of the park (never tried to hide, never will, just taking pictures after closing), I would say it usually takes 45 minutes to an 1.5 hours (depending on when the park closed--the earlier the closing, the longer the full sweep) to complete the sweep.

We usually start at Big Thunder and work our way forward. As we come closer to the front, a manager usually stands about 10 feet "deeper" than us, not saying anything, but making sure we don't go back deeper into the park. Sometimes we get near the end of Main Street, they ask for us to wrap it up and get going."

I often sit and watch the fountain at Epcot well after closing, and often sit there until I see no more guests and see several security types standing around. The latest I've left Epcot on a regular closing time is 11pm.

Also, several times at Pleasure Island, we've closed down Adventurer's Club, the stood outside and talked, and about 2:45 security politely asked us to leave the island and proceed to our cars or the bus stop.

Ooh... back to the color question, I found this - no idea how accurate this is...

"4 colors make up the official colors of WDW, lagoon blue, mint green, pumpkin orange, lavender."

Also some fun facts about fishing and Bay Lake...

• 14.25 pound largemouth bass is the largest ever caught on Bay Lake, but we’ll never know since it is catch and release fishing.
  • 4.5 miles of beach line the Seven Seas lagoon and Bay Lake
  • 70,000 fingerling bass were originally stocked in Bay lake when WDW first opened.
  • 2.385 billion gallons make up the volume of water that is Bay Lake and the adjoining Seven Seas Lagoon.
  • 14 feet deep is the Seven Sea lagoon, but Bay Lake is only 12 feet deep.
  • 1 million cubic yards of earth were dredged from the bottom of the lagoon during the initial excavation phase, the soil was reused for the foundation of the Magic Kingdom. Also some of the sand was cleaned and used for the near by beaches

http://disneybythenu...dw/wdwmain.html

can you imagine if you google was your fiend? Oh, the fun we could have with it!

Every answer would be spot-on correct! ....and really Snarky!

Lou always has an answer!

Lou always has a SNARKY answer!

so... I gotta ask the most important question of my day (okay so it's a slow day)

WHERE did the barrels go???

Disney's "Family Friendly" police caught wind of the WWW and have banished them from WDW property for good.

I heard they sold them to an "establishment" in Las Vegas....

Lou,

what shift do you usually work?

I don't have a set shift or even set days.

My start time, length of shift, which of the 5 hubs I will work out of, the days of the week, are never the same. I don't know any of those things for the coming week. All I know is that I will probably work Tues thru Fri, starting sometime between 7:30am and 1pm and that's it. Flexibility is the key.

I will probably get a call on Tues morning giving me the location, start time and end times for that day or I may not get a call at all.

All I can count on is that I won't be working nights or weekends and will be working at least Wed and Thur, if I want to.

You said the buses stop running when the park is completely empty. Exactly HOW do they determine that there park is completely empty of guests? That seems like an impossible task.

It's not an impossible task because they do it at all the parks every night. And if somehow pops up after they've declared the park clear, it's no big deal.

In addition to what's been posted, they do know how many people came in, so the same number have to leave.

In addition to what's been posted, they do know how many people came in, so the same number have to leave.

BUT, once the park has closed, they open the gates and don't count those leaving, they don't spin the exit turnstyles

Also Epcot has a habit of letting folks in the International Gateway after closing to get to the main parking lot or bus stop

BUT, once the park has closed, they open the gates and don't count those leaving, they don't spin the exit turnstyles

Also Epcot has a habit of letting folks in the International Gateway after closing to get to the main parking lot or bus stop

Ok, never mind then.