So that's 8*20 minutes/60 minutes/hr=2.67 hr

And 2.67 hr * 5 mi/hr = 13.33 miles! :rofl2:

5mph, some drivers aren't that far off as you know first hand.

BTW, 20 minutes is one way. Double that and make it an average of 40mph, and you might have a good estimate.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone asked, when should I come in order to avoid the annoying, loud, rude, and obnoxious groups? I said, oh, you know the Fiends. Fiends, I don't know about the Fiends, I'm referring to the Brazili

You've obviously mistaken me for a hip person. Do they even use that word anymore? See what I mean.

For the first nine years, I use to do a full day every week at the Orlando airport greeting 4 or so families. As I greeter I would hold up a GKTW sign at the exit to the gates, take them to get their

Had some of the usual questions, but today's question that stood out was:

After waiting longer than they thought they should, an upset guest asked me why there were three AK buses and no MK buses. Why don't they just change one of those AK buses to a MK bus. They weren't picking up anyone anyways.

Not so good Answer:

I agree and understand their frustration. I get annoyed as well.

Most everyone that has waited for a bus at WDW has witnessed this. Drivers hate when this occurs. We're not thrilled about being the second or third bus to a park and not picking up anyone. I can tell you that we like full buses. It's what we do.

AK buses are AK buses and MK buses are MK busses. Although they all work off of one main system, they're separate and each bus hub works independently.

So no, one of those AK buses will not be changed to a MK bus.

I've been tempted, but won't ever do it, to just pick up those people that are waiting for another parks bus.

OK - a question with no straight forward, easy answer ... Why does AK always seem hotter than the other parks? Even out in the sun at EPCOT does seem as bad.

The conventional wisdom is that because AK has a lot more vegetation than the other parks, which it does, that it holds in the heat due to reduced natural ventilation. It always feels humid to me as well.

The CW sounds good to me.

• 1 month later...

Well, I thought that you wanted to know.

Professional sand sculptures coat their creations with a mix of 1/3 white glue and 2/3 water to make the scupture last longer and to hold up to wind and light rain.

Somewhere back the in recesses of my mind I think that I heard some use hairspray. I had to look that up. Here is a reference for using hairspray.

http://www.ehow.com/how_12074097_seal-sand-sculpture-hairspray.html

You can make your own longer lasting sand mix.

http://www.ehow.com/...-sculpture.html

Cool huh?

Well, I thought that you wanted to know.

Professional sand sculptures coat their creations with a mix of 1/3 white glue and 2/3 water to make the scupture last longer and to hold up to wind and light rain.

Somewhere back the in recesses of my mind I think that I heard some use hairspray. I had to look that up. Here is a reference for using hairspray.

http://www.ehow.com/...-hairspray.html

You can make your own longer lasting sand mix.

http://www.ehow.com/...-sculpture.html

Cool huh?

Thanks for the info!

Are the topiary sculptures in Epcot and elsewhere live breathing plants? We have a long standing debate if they are or not. Help?

The simple answer is yes, but it's not one big plant trimmed to look like a character. That's a traditional topiary.

The ones at WDW are a variation of those, although they do have some that are done that way too, but most are not.

It's actually thousands of smaller plants embedded in a dirt form that is shaped and held together by a heavy metal wire mesh underneath. It's actually a fairly simple process.

You can buy the forms and make your own.

If I were to sneak some Roundup into AK on my next trip and spray it on Devine, would I be charged with First Degree Herbicide?

From what depths of your brain do you come up with these thoughts?

The simple answer is yes, but it's not one big plant trimmed to look like a character. That's a traditional topiary.

The ones at WDW are a variation of those, although they do have some that are done that way too, but most are not.

It's actually thousands of smaller plants embedded in a dirt form that is shaped and held together by a heavy metal wire mesh underneath. It's actually a fairly simple process.

You can buy the forms and make your own.

From what depths of your brain do you come up with these thoughts?

So, they are constantly watered and trimmed? Thanks so much, we have been wondering for a long time, and we even try to pry into it and see, but we were afraid of getting in trouble :whew:

So, they are constantly watered and trimmed? Thanks so much, we have been wondering for a long time, and we even try to pry into it and see, but we were afraid of getting in trouble

Every once in a while you'll see one where one of the plants went on a growth spurt and wasn't trimmed. So Belle ends up with really bushy eyebrow or something.