So you thought the cranes from GF DVC was bad... they are coming to the fort...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me see if I have this right, Epcylopedia is objecting to someone copying the image that he copied from the SFWMD site? Sorry Epcyclopedia, but you are not the only one who knows how to monitor the

One other thing to think about is that when search engines see the exact same content on two different sites it dilutes the page rank for both sites. All I know for sure is that as a site owner I work

• 3 years later...

I was doing some searching and stumbled on this old post. Well, two things have happened -

No DVC at the Fort (yet)

The Epcot Explorer Encyclopedia is now a dead link..

I had to go to the Wayback Machine to see the page. https://web.archive.org/web/20140422191011/http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/02/walt-disney-world-fort-wilderness-dvc-files-to-start-construction-soon/

I had to go to the Wayback Machine to see the page. https://web.archive.org/web/20140422191011/http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/02/walt-disney-world-fort-wilderness-dvc-files-to-start-construction-soon/

Veeeeeeeery interesting!

I've noticed in the last 6 months or so that several of the smaller fan sites, and in particular the "specialty sites," have gone inactive or just disappeared.

Maybe they received cease and disit letters.

Somehow I doubt it.  The big guys are still growing and thriving, including the sites that clearly have CMs "on staff," and Disney seems to leave them alone. 

I expect the others just fizzled out. A lot of them seemed to be just one person operations. It takes a TON of work to consistently crank out enough decent content to attract and keep an audience, never mind the near-daily work required to market yourself and get noticed in a sea of other fan sites. The sites that have been around for a while and continue to do well generally have a bunch of people contributing. There are still some stragglers, but they're generally only putting out content sporadically - which kills you when it comes to marketing and keeping an audience.

The interesting thing is that the "specialty" sites can actually have an edge in that, if they do it right, they can produce exclusive content that can't be found on a dozen other sites - think Disney Food Blog.  But even then, it's still a ton of work to keep the content coming, keep the audience interested, and keep letting people know you're out there.

For giggles I did some poking around.  They have a FB page, but there hasn't been anything posted on it since March.

I did a lookup on the domain name and it looks like it expired and someone else snapped it up back in June. No new site has been put up.

There is still a very active Twitter account that's very ... interesting.

big-money-bags.jpg

Seriously... Brian's little brain has been working on his "6 months south-6 months north" plan.

So far I'm pretty sure it involves him cleaning campsites and me still working full-time.

He's got a target date of 2 years.

It needs a little fine-tuning... B)

Rereading through this thread.... Doesn't look like you hit that 2-year thing, huh.......

For giggles I did some poking around.  They have a FB page, but there hasn't been anything posted on it since March.

I did a lookup on the domain name and it looks like it expired and someone else snapped it up back in June. No new site has been put up.

There is still a very active Twitter account that's very ... interesting.

The guy's LinkedIn profile says he's currently a WDW CM, and has worked several CM roles in the past, including at the Tampa call center.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robpedersen

He's a young feller.  Maybe he realized it was best for his career that he not have such a visible presence on the Internets.

TCD

It's not so much super interesting as it is that it seems like he doesn't really censor whatever pops into his head.  Nothing horrifyingly bad, but if he's concerned about his CM career, you can't tell from his Tweets.

I remember seeing some things he tweeted when I was following D23 that made me think "whoa... somebody's got a Disney bug up their butt."

It's not so much super interesting as it is that it seems like he doesn't really censor whatever pops into his head.  Nothing horrifyingly bad, but if he's concerned about his CM career, you can't tell from his Tweets.

I remember seeing some things he tweeted when I was following D23 that made me think "whoa... somebody's got a Disney bug up their butt."

You would have said the same thing about me had I been tweeting from the D23 event.

Maybe this guy is alright.

TCD