So you thought the cranes from GF DVC was bad... they are coming to the fort...

sourced from: http://www.epcyclope...struction-soon/

Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness DVC Files to Start Construction Soon

Posted on April 2, 2012 by admin

Disney filed recently for permission to construct the necessary massive staging complex they need on the site of the former STOLport for their next planned Disney Vacation Club Resort at the site of the Fort Wilderness Campground. Disney has been slowing working in phased permits for the project over the course of 2011 and 2012.

The STOLport staging complex will house several single, double, and even a few quad-sized trailers (eleven in total) for third party contractors, Imagineering, and Hardin – the project’s master contractor. Hardin also recently oversaw the construction of the new Art of Animation resort........

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me see if I have this right, Epcylopedia is objecting to someone copying the image that he copied from the SFWMD site? Sorry Epcyclopedia, but you are not the only one who knows how to monitor the

One other thing to think about is that when search engines see the exact same content on two different sites it dilutes the page rank for both sites. All I know for sure is that as a site owner I work

I think we all need to realize that the Fort that we know and have been visiting for years is about to change drastically. This DVC project will most likely impact the Fort greatly. I hope that some cool things will happen, though.....like better restaurants and more pedestrian areas along the lake.

Even though I haven't stayed at the Fort for years and years you would think with the Lodge being right there that maybe they would have re thought this and just expanded the lodge dvc... but this really does make me sad because i have such fond memories of the fort and many places around wdw that have now been wiped off the map and changed in some way shape or form... and I just dont understand the need for more DVC

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this will bring good things, but I'm not holding my breath.

At the very least it seems it's time to start scoping out sites outside of the 300 loop...

Well I will hope the change is for the better. Who knows maybe it will be. If nothing else we will get a lot of TCD snoping reports.

Oh that is for sure!

And I'd be willing to bet right now that those reports rocket right to the top of the search engines in no time ...and get cited by all kinds of other websites as a source of info too!

Hope I get to experience the Fort as is before these new changes start taking place.

I completely agree with you... I am taking my first trip to the fort (besides having done the backyard bbq a few years back) since I was probably 13 in just 44 days... I plan on trying to see as much as I can and take as many pictures to remember it by before it all changes

I guess I don't understand...they are building villas or some kind of buildings in the campground? I hope they are careful when they graft this onto the campground. If it was just cabin-like villas it would work, but I have a feeling they will be pretty big.

There have already been changes made to the Fort I don't like but I still love the fort.

Things I wish were still there

1- sail boats at the marina

2- the man the would sing live music in trails end while we ate good pizza.

3- trams they were better then the bus in the Fort. (no offense Lou)

4- 24 hour pool

5- a menu at trails end no buffet.

I guess I don't understand...they are building villas or some kind of buildings in the campground? I hope they are careful when they graft this onto the campground. If it was just cabin-like villas it would work, but I have a feeling they will be pretty big.

I can only imagine its going to be a duplicate of the villas at the wilderness lodge or some version just like it... I mean they never actually officially announced GF DVC (that I can remember any ways) so I'm sure it will be quite some time until we see artist renderings however I am sure that there are some out there we just have to wait till they surface

3- trams they were better then the bus in the Fort. (no offense Lou)

No offense taken. I just drive them. In fact, I never use them.

I think Disney would disagree that trams at the Fort were better. If they were, why don't they use them? Disney does do some things right

These are just some of the reasons I've come up with against using trams.

Noisy

Difficult to load large strollers.

Will not carry wheel chairs or scooters

Trams are meant for high volume ridership. Except during park openings and closings, that's seldom the case at the Fort.

Trams are used mainly for shorter distances. There are some fairly long routes at the Fort.

Trams are open to the elements. Ever ride a tram in the rain or when it's cold?

Unloading passengers presents some crowd control challenges.

For safety reasons, trams require two operators.

I mean they never actually officially announced GF DVC (that I can remember any ways)

They formerly announced the GF DVC, I think in Sept.

As the webmaster of Epcyclopedia.com - can I please request that you not post the full blog post and not hot-link my hosted image? Your forum readers can read an -excerpt- and then follow a link for details and then can freely discuss it to their hearts content.

No one minds sharing information, but what you're essentially doing is taking away any credit and context for the work that was done to bring that information to the public.

I think us regulars dropped the ball on this by not mentioning early on that this was originally discovered and posted extensively by our very own WBI about a year and half ago.

We could have just reused his original information instead of using the above website as a reference.

Chalk it up to the Doc just not knowing what has transpired.

WELCOME EPCYCLOPEDIA!!! We LOVE all new members!! I'm sorry you are concerned. There are several links on that post all back to your site. Isn't that credit to you? As a matter of fact, I've actually browsed through several articles on your site due to the link left here!! A message has been sent to our webmaster.

Once again, thanks for posting!! Join in the fun!!

Let me see if I have this right, Epcylopedia is objecting to someone copying the image that he copied from the SFWMD site?

Sorry Epcyclopedia, but you are not the only one who knows how to monitor the SFWMD site.

Our own WBI scooped you with this thread from May 4, 2011:

http://www.fortfiend...ining-building/

You have a very nice site, there, Epcyclopedia, but I don't understand how you can take offense to someone copying what you posted and giving you credit, when you lifted the information from another site without giving that site credit.

Oh, and one more thing- you are not correct in stating in your article that the shoreline of Bay Lake is going to be reconfigured according to the plans you posted. Those plans clearly show a dotted line marking the boundary of the project. That boundary does not in any way shape or form include the shore of Bay Lake.

TCD

As the webmaster of Epcyclopedia.com - can I please request that you not post the full blog post and not hot-link my hosted image? Your forum readers can read an -excerpt- and then follow a link for details and then can freely discuss it to their hearts content.

No one minds sharing information, but what you're essentially doing is taking away any credit and context for the work that was done to bring that information to the public.

I too am sorry about your concern, and sadden that you feel that anyone is “taking away any credit and context for the work that was done to bring that information to the public.”

The source was the first thing that was posted given your website full credit.

”sourced from: http://www.epcyclope...struction-soon/

Since the original post included a link to your site, I have visited your site and would have never done so if the link was NOT posted. I have added it to my favorite list. I am sure there are others that have done the same.

AND, WELCOME to Fort Fiends! :insanity: