Tony-

First, I agree with Lou, it's good to see a post from you.

Second, that is a cool item, but realistically, it's just a decorative piece-and it doesn't appear to have any WDW markings. It looks like it must have been refinished, which I think diminishes its value to a Disney fan.

I wonder where the restaurant is where the seller had this displayed?

TCD

The key word in the add is replica. Not from WDW.

I think he meant "replica" meaning it was not an actual piece of the train. It does say it was used at WDW as a photo prop.

I think he meant "replica" meaning it was not an actual piece of the train. It does say it was used at WDW as a photo prop.

Yes, and I recall seeing photos of people dressed in old-time costumes standing on something that looked like this prop.

I don't remember ever seeing it in the park, but I believe that there used to be something like this there.

I read the ad as suggesting that this was an authentic prop that had been used at WDW.

TCD

We had our picture taken on this in 1980 on our honeymoon. I will try and scan in the pictures and post them.

Cool! I would love to see them. :jumpforjoy

Me too.

And I remember that someone posted a photo that looked like it was taken on this caboose prop here on ff.net a while back.

I haven't been able to remember who it was, but I am working on it.

TCD

Just in case anyone is interested, I found this old WDW promotional video on Youtube.

The train station prop shows up at 1:29. The one in the video looks similar to the one on Craig's List, but I'm not sure they are the same item:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-CKm4eWzs&list=UUNZAVs0rss8NTpCeJNTQDeQ&index=1&feature=plcp

TCD

Windows are definitely different. I still think he would have said "original" WDW photo prop not replica if it actually came from the park.