There was more than one full moon over Gettysburg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whip I LOVE all your Snarky balloon creations and "nametags" :rofl2:

Sounds like, despite a few bumps in the road (literal and otherwise) a very excellent time was had by all.

Can't wait to hear more about it and see more pics!!

Oh and btw, Fiends helping random campers and inviting them to dinner..... AWESOME! :heartsmiley:

Whip I LOVE all your Snarky balloon creations and "nametags" :rofl2:

Sounds like, despite a few bumps in the road (literal and otherwise) a very excellent time was had by all.

Can't wait to hear more about it and see more pics!!

Oh and btw, Fiends helping random campers and inviting them to dinner..... AWESOME! :heartsmiley:

Best thing was the new friend( soon to be Fiend I hope) is a resturant owner with a great high end beer line, now to find a campground close!!!!!!

At some point my son lost his winter coat and his DS - with a 10 hour ride ahead of us I wasn’t worried about the winter coat. I owe Pam's beautiful girl a huge favor for finding it for us - in the sand pit. Of course no one has any idea how it got there.

I asked DD11 about the ds on the drive home and was told she saw your DS put his game down next to the boat's gangplank post when he went up to play so it wouldn't get hurt. Later, after it disappeared, she remembered that bigger boy, who'd been hanging around on his bike, digging in the sand there before riding away fast, then hanging around watching us look for it. I don't want to misjudge the possible future hoodlum but it certainly did seem as though he buried it in the sand so he could come back and claim it later.

In any case, we really don't think it was the jr whipper's fault that it got lost - especially buried under the sand. I'm just really glad it turned up.

:heart:Whip she stole my heart!!! I wanna baby!!! :heart:

29p57wl.jpg

At one of those stops - we were in a minor accident with the trailer. Thankfully the nice owner of the car we hit while she was sitting in it - didn’t see the need to call in the cops - we swapped info - I took copious pictures and we were on our way again. My husband takes a great deal of pride in the fact he hasn't been in a car accident in 25+ years - so this was a pretty devastating blow to his ego.

I say we blame it on the pee!!!

11bi70m.jpg

We brought our dog (Gypsy) with us on this trip - her first time camping - at some point she ate the sewer line - lesson learned - this dog will truly eat ANYTHING. Overall she did Ok though - didn’t eat any other dogs or bark badly - I have had concern about taking her on the road with us full time - I dont want to be one of those families who rehomes a pet for their convienence - I was encouraged by her behavior on this trip - I think she will be just fine.

she is cute... even funny when she knocked over the beer on the table to have a taste!

16bivx4.jpg

now you know hubby is ordering one!! Thanks Whip I can't wait to make the neighbours jealous with this!! :jumpforjoy

We hooked up our movie screen for some Easter movies - worked out well. Here is a link for the screen we own on Amazon because some had expressed interest:

http://www.amazon.co...34231205&sr=8-1

4hr19c.jpg

At some point my son lost his winter coat and his DS - with a 10 hour ride ahead of us I wasn’t worried about the winter coat. I owe Pam's beautiful girl a huge favor for finding it for us - in the sand pit. Of course no one has any idea how it got there.

k010.gifThe wind stole it!!

Good trip, good times, good food - Fiends rock and we had a way better time hanging out with all of you than we would have had at home - I’m grateful to you for inviting us.

we loved meeting the whole whip family and hope to meet up again soon!!!

I asked DD11 about the ds on the drive home and was told she saw your DS put his game down next to the boat's gangplank post when he went up to play so it wouldn't get hurt. Later, after it disappeared, she remembered that bigger boy, who'd been hanging around on his bike, digging in the sand there before riding away fast, then hanging around watching us look for it. I don't want to misjudge the possible future hoodlum but it certainly did seem as though he buried it in the sand so he could come back and claim it later.

In any case, we really don't think it was the jr whipper's fault that it got lost - especially buried under the sand. I'm just really glad it turned up.

Please tell me it was not the one that was eyeing my oldest DD!

Since I had to be the oddball and camp away from GH I was punished by missing the full moon which could be a good thing!!

But I did enjoy some family moments at GBR.. wind aside we had a great time!!

It took us about and hour to set up our site and that included the dish set up (woo hoo DH) :bf-birddancingsmiley:

Of course someone came up to us after we parked and said you know you came too close and almost hit your dish and DH replied by telling the guy "if I didn't hit it then I was not too close" Guy shrugged his shoulders and said guess so. Hubby always drives close to stuff I think he get the thrill out of watching me squirm in my seat!!

c891768b.jpg

4b61e59c.jpg

The oldest of my lil pixies enjoyed playing Disney hangman with me and DH and took pleasure in making fun of us as she added arms and legs!!

3a56f371.jpg

b9dc0227.jpg

While we were playing Hangman the 2 youngest pixies were in the camper DS was playing the playstation and DD was on my laptop... Don't worry it didn't last long... I kicked those lil boogers out after 30 mins and made them play at the park! Which was a good idea cause I did not have to deal with them for about 3 hours!! WOO HOO!!

1a3df82e.jpg

6b622f59.jpg

Our lil angel tink did not take well to smoke being blown in her face by the crazy wind so she stayed inside!

b26e3627.jpg

more later of course :)

Woke up Sunday feeling a little under the weather and according to my 3 y/o son I was suffering from a bad case of roll over head. My head did feel like something rolled over it, but I am almost positive I would have remembered that. Sunday Morning was a nice quite morning through out the camp ground, so I just relit the fire and drank coffee while waiting for the fiends to crawl out of their palaces on wheels.

At 11 the campground had a egg hunt that the kids enjoyed.

IMG_1151.jpg

CopyofIMG_1150.jpg

CopyofIMG_1151.jpg

Even the Easter Bunny showed up and tried to defend his stash, but the fiends cornered him for a picture instead.

CopyofIMG_1153.jpg

Afterwards we just all settled back at the campfire and shot the bull for a little while and bid farewell to JCJRSmith who had to go and make sure his house was still standing after leaving his teens home alone.

When pixie showed up we had another feast with a suicidal turkey as the main dish.

IMG_1156.jpg

Once our belly was full we acquired 2 empty sites next to us in the woods and had a fiend kid egg hunt run by Whip Jr. While she was playing fiend bunny and hiding the egg, Mr. Whip was playing egg sprinkler with the kids. Personally I think he was just trying to steal the candy.

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

Afterwards the Whips set up the movie screen again and the kids settled in for their sugar highs while the adults continued to do what they did best.

IMG_1148.jpg

It was a short but tiring weekend spent with the Fiends and we all had to do some driving tommorrow, so we called it quits early and went to our respective masons on wheels for the night.

The full moon topic is a good start or how my DH suggested that Pam park near his firehouse when going to a baseball game in baltimore and ended up on THE BLOCK!! LOL

all I gotta say is beads, boobs, pat down, and flashing lights!! LOL

If you ever ask DH how we met he would tell you I was working at the Block. NO! It is not true.

He just has a tendency to mess with people and can do it with such a straight face. Once when we first started dating we were out with some friends of mine and one asked him where he worked. He told her Goddard and said he was the janitor (he is really an Electrical Engineer). Doing things like this did come back to bite him once when he told my son (who was 5 at the time) that a place called Jimmy's (hint: no windows) here in North Alabama was a place to get ice cream. After one of my son's football games in which the team won, the parents started talking about taking the boys to get ice cream. My son pipes up, "We're going to Jimmy's for ice cream!!"