First time for the Flower and Garden Festival

Thanks for the update Jason. Mmmm, Mickey bars! :drool1:

I also love the frozen bananas, but eating one does tend to make a picture look a bit R-rated. :))

Sorry for the delay folks. Had to throw a birthday party for Silvia and her rather large italian family. now that I am all done cooking and can start relaxing again, I will upload some more photos and hopefully get another post up in just a little while.

When I last left you I had just boarded a train in FantasyLand and was headed over to Frontierland to get Splash fastpasses. With the fastpasses in hand I headed to meet the girls over near Pirates. I think the ride had been down temporarily cause the wait time was close to 50 minutes and that is more than I am willing to wait. The girls decided they wanted to get Dole whips.

2012-04-15_17-22-37_566.jpg

While they were enjoying there snack I decided to run over to Pecos Bills and get a burger as has been about 8 hours since I had eatern anything (not including my Mickey Bar). We relaxed and ate our food over by Aloha Isle watching the world go by. With food in our stomachs and now rested we headed over to Fantasyland to hit some rides. The girls really wanted to go on the Carousel and there was little wait for that so we hopped on.

P1010974.jpg

It was neat having a friend along on this trip. We got some nice pictures of me and Silvia that we usually don't get. Our friend is also a photographer and like to take shot from different angles like these.

P1010981.jpg

P1010975.jpg

I tend to go for the bigger picture.

DSC00245.jpg

After riding the carousel it was off to my wife favorite thing in Fantasyland. Mickey's Philharmagic!

DSC00252.jpg

As usual it was a wait for the show and walk on in. We enjoyed it as always.

At this point our splash Mountain fastpasses were ready and here is where I have to interrupt our story for a little side story.

I am deathly afraid of rollercoasters. I am deathly afraid of heights. Until My wife and I came to Disney on our honeymoon 4 years ago I had never been on a fullsize rollercoaster. I decided then I was a big boy now. I was married and I wanted to do these things with my wife. So I decided to try riding my first rollercoaster with my wife. Unfortunately I was not as informed about Disney as I am now and picked the one I thought would be the coolest. I waited in line to ride Space Mountain. I Thought the line was kind of neat and i enjoyed checking out all the old school ideas of spaceflight. And then we got ready to board and I realized I was hearing noised from above my head and looked up. And realized this was going to be in the dark.

AAAHHHHH.

But I was determined I was going to ride. Silvia thought I knew it was in the dark and thought my reaction was incredibly funny. I proceeded to ride and spent the ENTIRE ride screaming/mumblin/saying over and over again. ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, it has to be over soon, ohmygod, ohmygod, it must be almost over. just repeat that the entire ride. I got off and walked to a bench and put my head down and waited for the world to stop spinning. I am happy to report I did not hurl. I am even happier to report I have never been back on Space Mountain. I think if I could at least see what was happening I would be a little better.

Since then I have ridden Thunder mountain and am starting to enjoy that ride, of course it was down this trip. I had only one mountain left to conquer in the magic kingdom in order to feel like maybe I have a small shred of manhood.

And now back to our story.

Splash Mountain. Today would be the day that I would try and tackle this ride. I figured I had the fast pass so I would not be able to get my self worked up in the line. If I got to the boarding point and couldnt do it I could take the chicken exit. I decided to do it. About 10 seconds into the right I looked at my wife and said, "What am I an idiot. I sooo should not be on this ride. Is it to late to change my mind?" Well with the lap bars I couldnt have escaped if I wanted too. I made it through but I have to admit I was almost in tears by the time the ride was over. The scenery was very nice, what I remember. The drops killed me. I thought there was only the one last drop. I was unprepared for the others. By the time the last one came I thought I was going to have a heart attack and die at my happy place. I survived of course. This isn't a ghost writer after all, but that will be my first and last trip on Splash Mountain.

After I collected my thoughts we headed over to something much more my speed. The Haunted Mansion, followed immediately by It's a Small World, and Snow White. At this point ti was time to head out to the Contemporary. We were having dinner at Chef Mickey's and didn't want to keep him waiting.

I thought screaming oh my god, oh my god, oh my god was normal when riding Space Mountain. :mellow:

I'm with you 100% and will never ride it again. Good for you for not hurling!!

I do love Big Thunder and Splash though, but have been known to pray every know and again, even on those two.

No to Space Mountain here too! Or Mission Space. Or Star Wars. And hell NO to ToT.

And I only did Yeti as a fool with my God Devil.

But I WUVS Thunder Mtn and somewhat love Splash Mtn.

No to Space Mountain here too! Or Mission Space. Or Star Wars. And hell NO to ToT.

And I only did Yeti as a fool with my God Devil.

But I WUVS Thunder Mtn and somewhat love Splash Mtn.

I will do Mission Space but only on green. My second time trying orange I almost blacked out. Star Tours I can do all day long. I rode it 13 times in a row at Disneyland on my early entry.

I will do Mission Space but only on green. My second time trying orange I almost blacked out. Star Tours I can do all day long. I rode it 13 times in a row at Disneyland on my early entry.

Same here, but now I won't even ride green because of the frightening experience I had on the other one. I'm claustrophobic but didn't realize how bad until I rode that. Also at the time my bp had been a bit high, I don't have heart issues but buddy I thought for sure I was going to have a heart attack inside that ride. My heart was racing and I couldn't breathe. I survived but can't go near it now.

I can ride just about everything else in all 4 parks but haven't mustered up the guts to do rocking roller coaster at HS. Back in the day my husband and I sought out the scariest coasters we could find wherever we went and loved it. I don't know what happened. I was in the queue for it and backed out when I saw how fast it took off. Can anyone convince me it's not so bad?

ps- sorry for the threadjack here!

I am glad to hear that you decided to conquer your fears and try the different mountains at MK. Space Mountain is my favorite.

My first time on Space Mountain I rode with my sister, my brother, my aunt and my grandparents. I can still remember hearing my sister screaming "ohhhh Shiiiiiit" behind me. When Steve and I took our kids my youngest was in the front laughing and screaming excitedly. My son was the last one in the car and all I could hear from him was, "ow, oh, ow, oh this ride is so not made for guys" I was laughing so hard by the time the ride ended I had tears falling down my face.

Star Tours I can do all day long. I rode it 13 times in a row at Disneyland on my early entry.

I'm with you! I don't like to drop so I hate Splash Mountain (although I've done it). But Star Tours I could ride over and over.

Enjoying your report!!

I can ride just about everything else in all 4 parks but haven't mustered up the guts to do rocking roller coaster at HS. Back in the day my husband and I sought out the scariest coasters we could find wherever we went and loved it. I don't know what happened. I was in the queue for it and backed out when I saw how fast it took off. Can anyone convince me it's not so bad?

ps- sorry for the threadjack here!

I was determined to conquer my fear of Rockin Roller Coaster and my DH assured me that there were no big drops, just speed and turns. So I did it, and wow, that is fast!! But it wasn't bad, I was nervous about the inversion but it's over by the time you realize what is happening. In fact, the whole ride is super fast. When it ended I kept saying "That was it, it's over?"

I say try it.