A non-camping friend was considering the cabins for their trip this June but read a lot of reviews complaining about bugs at the fort. I've been to the fort in July, August, Oct, & Nov. The only bugs that were annoying were after all that rain last Halloween and that was only in certain loops for a day or two until wdw sprayed. We've also been lucky to never be plagued by yellow flies during the weeks we were there.

I know there's no way you can go into the woods and not find some bugs. Just wondering if June is an especially bad time?

Pam- I agree with what Todd says here:

It all depends on how much rain we have had if the yellow fly’s or out. So I guess it is hit or miss so be prepared for the worse

You asked if June is a particularly bad time. The answer is no. It's about the same as any other time. They try to stay on top of things. We have been in June and not seen a single mosquito. We have also been in June and been swarmed. Kind of like what you experienced in October.

TCD

We have not been bothered much by bugs when we have been there in June. The biggest complaint I had was all the rain...nearly every day. But it was not enough rain to bring out all the bugs. Just be prepared for rain when you head to the parks....take your ponchos wheth :purpleflam: er the sun is out or not.

Things have been really dry this year. I really don't expect them to get any wetter from now until June. Our rainy season doesn't really kick in until after then. The Farmer's almanac has our part of the country down for a mild, dry season. We had a dry, cold season last year and it kept the flies to a minimum. The only difference between last year and this year is that we didn't freeze our butts off like last year. So, my Florida Cracker prediction is that you should be safe of the files this year barring any monsoons from now until June. Here is where I got my information.

http://www.grit.com/...r-forecast.aspx

Now, this type of weather does not bode well for hurricane season, but we take things one step and month at a time down here in cracker land.

I think this is the closest I've come to actually understanding you Todd.

That is funny Lou. Cheryle 2 hated it. It is in head I knonw what i'm tring to say but she had to read and redo everything I was tring to say