Lions and Tigers and FrIENDS....Oh My!

Look what we found newly installed at the Haunted Mansion...

Do you think what's under here might be for the new XPass system?

What do you think?

Going back today and will try to see if we can discover more about these mysterious green covered poles.

DSCN2667.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg

DSCN2670.jpg

DSCN2673.jpg

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes it does, but it's totally out of control.

You're not helping my street cred with talk like that.

The prince has been waiting and watching for his princess.... Stef arrived today.... There's been a whole lot of :hah: HUGGING going on!!

Karla-

Thanks for all the photos of the work at the Outpost.

I agree with you- this has to involve more than that little sidewalk extension. And, for the life of me, I don't get why they put in that extension. Are they going to put another crosswalk right there? Or maybe move the current one?

Interesting!

Too bad you have to leave.

TCD

Karla-

Thanks for all the photos of the work at the Outpost.

I agree with you- this has to involve more than that little sidewalk extension. And, for the life of me, I don't get why they put in that extension. Are they going to put another crosswalk right there? Or maybe move the current one?

Interesting!

Too bad you have to leave.

TCD

She's leaving as I'm checking in for 10 days...

No problem! I even brought a real camera this time. I have quite a trip report in the works and I'm only on day 4.

You should have come over and visited....but then, YensidCamper....Eric and his wife just stopped by and it's taken us quite a few days to catch up with each other.. :)

And poor Lou....I've missed him every time he's come over to visit.... :-[

I hope you guys have a safe trip home! I'm sure it will be hard to say goodbye to my prince, but you're probably ready for some down time. ^-^

Looking forward to the rest of your report and more pics of that gorgeous grandson!!

This morning we found electrical work being done at the front of the 800 loop...there were still a couple sites occupied in the back of the loop.

Electrical lines marked out

DSCN9894-1.jpg

Workmen digging trenches in 95 degree heat and 90% humidity....sweaty.gif

DSCN0260-1.jpg

DSCN0258-1.jpg

DSCN0259-1.jpg

There's more work going on up front...it's a mess!

These guys are breaking up the concrete around the edges of the drainage tube that runs under the sidewalk at the entrance to the registration area. It looks like they are trying to save the decorative stone imbedded in the concrete.

DSCN0239-2.jpg

Here's concrete/asphalt being broken up (right next to the area where they put in the new walkway).

DSCN0247-1.jpg

DSCN0251-1.jpg

DSCN0245-1.jpg

It really does look like they might be improving the drainage system Smiley-Question-1.jpg

Somebody will have to follow up on this mystery and see what's happening.

Well.....I was wrong... :484grumpy11:

Looking back in my earlier pictures from when Disney was doing the RFID Xpass testing, I found a picture from Haunted Mansion actually showing the blue pole.

Never noticed it before. dope.gif

I also looked back at earlier pictures from Peter Pan and Buzz Lightyear where they also did Xpass testing but couldn't find any with blue poles, just a CM holding an Ipad.

So maybe this RFID reader was only tested at Haunted Mansion??

Oh, and the FastPass Entrance sign is now gone from the Haunted Mansion's gate.

DSCN0581-1-1.jpg

Thanks Karla.....I heard on a podcast the other day.....(not the podcast folks that I no longer speak of).....and they were saying X-Pass is a done deal and that it will be rolled out soon and will completely replace the current fast pass. I am still hoping this new option comes to pass but as an addition. They did not give a source for their info though...so who knows.

We’ve been on the road returning Aiden to his parents so this TR got slightly off track and slowed down a bit.

We spent Sunday at Hollywood Studios during aStar Wars weekend.

DSCN9242-1.jpg

We arrived just before the motorcade started up Hollywood Boulevard. It was wall to wall people and there wasn't any possibility of seeing over, under or around the bodies stacked along the route. So figuring everybody would be occupied with the motorcade that they wouldn't be on Star Tours, we ducked into the shops and headed on up.

Along the way we stumbled into another parade of sorts.

Their banner proclaimed they were the Rebel Legion International Star Wars Costuming Organization.

DSCN9250-1.jpg

DSCN9264-1.jpg

DSCN9264-2.jpg

DSCN9260-1.jpg

DSCN9269-1.jpg

DSCN9262-1.jpg

DSCN9263-1.jpg

DSCN9245-1.jpg

Then it was off to Star Tours. We went to the ice planet again.

Seems like we get the same story every other time we go. But it's always fun.

We spent some time and $$$$ at Darth's Mall.

DSCN9286-1.jpg

You can find just about anything Disney related to Star Wars here.

DSCN9287-1.jpg

DSCN9300-1.jpg

DSCN9296-1.jpg

DSCN9295-1.jpg

Check out these little Disney SW figures (the background droids I think are the ones you can make at the Star Tours Droid Factory)

DSCN9292-1.jpg

Looks like they will be available soon

DSCN9293-1.jpg

There's even something for the smallest Star Wars fans

DSCN9298-1.jpg

DSCN9297-1.jpg

This is some more of the fantastic artwork that was available for sale

DSCN9302-1.jpg

DSCN9343-1.jpg

DSCN9340-1.jpg

And, of course, Aiden got his picture with many of the Star Wars characters

Princess Leia

DSCN9335-1.jpg

Luke Skywalker

DSCN9318-1.jpg

Chewbacca and an Ewok

DSCN9353-1.jpg

Anakin Skywalker

DSCN9279-1.jpg

Queen Amidala - Padme

DSCN9256-1.jpg

Next time we hope to be able to stay for more of the evening activities like Hyperspace Hoopla.

I still have many more pictures so stay with us and we will continue to have more updates.