Favorite Holiday at Fort Wilderness

What is your favorite holiday at the Fort?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite holiday at the Fort?

• Christmas
    • July 4th
    • Thanksgiving
    • Easter/Spring Break
    • Halloween
    • Other

I voted Thanksgiving even though we have more fun on 4th of July. Thanksgiving weekend was our 1st trip to the fort in 04 and we go every year. We always make it a point to go to different resorts to see the merry go rounds and gingerbread houses and trees.

I voted for The 4th of July, it may be hot but I find it more fun than the cooler times, Thanksgiving and Christmas are great but with GKs its a no go.

Spring break is a mob of people who have to be on a mission because it's either their once in a lifetime trip or the only time they can go and it's packed in the parks.

Halloween and Labor Day are fun times to go also but we can't take the GKs because of school.

I voted Halloween, but I think we should all change our votes.  It'll get too popular if people start to realize they're missing something.

Love Halloween at the Fort.  This will be our 3rd Halloween at WDW.  First was OS and the last at the Fort.  As you can tell by my countdown..... little over 8 months to go.  Already started the planning and site layout.  It's been a couple of years.

I also agree with Halloween, the weather usually is cooler, the rates up until this year was value (not any more). It has gotten so popular that they have raised the rates and it is hard to get a resservation. My other favorite is New Year's, but I also love 4th of July  -- to hard to pick.

I also agree with Halloween, the weather usually is cooler, the rates up until this year was value (not any more). It has gotten so popular that they have raised the rates and it is hard to get a resservation. My other favorite is New Year's, but I also love 4th of July  -- to hard to pick.

He asked holiday Lorna not holidaze like the daze you're always in. Am I going to lose respect for being snarky?

I voted Christmas but we have never actually been at the fort for Christmas (we've been early December).  I'm just a Christmas nut.  We have been the last two 4th of July's (Fun but very hot and wet),  and the last two Halloween's  (Both great trips and a lot of fun) I would just love to be at the fort the week after Christmas but I am just too cheap to pay those prices.

He asked holiday Lorna not holidaze like the daze you're always in. Am I going to lose respect for being snarky?

I should click on the down arrow for you being snarky!!!

But if I am always in a daze how come I always (and Jen) bring all your supplies for camping?:rofl2:

We have only visited on New Year's, so "other" got our vote.

We hope to visit for Halloween this year, but doubt it because of school.

You could always withdraw them for a week or two of homeschooling instruction.... :rofl2:  Then magically decide you don't want to and reenroll them after your trip....

Amen Sister, Amen!

Donnie:  Can I borrow (insert you name it here...)

I should click on the down arrow for you being snarky!!!

But if I am always in a daze how come I always (and Jen) bring all your supplies for camping?:rofl2: