Zach & Emma's Amazing Adventure - Maybe

Okay. This is my 7th trip to Walt Disney World and I am ashamed to say my first trip report. ???

I don't have any pictures to speak of yet but when I take some tomorrow I will put them on and give you a go round on what's happening.

The players are my DW Jody, My middle daughter Amy and her DH Brandon, who was here once when he was a young child, two of our grandkids Zach (4) & Emma (2), first vacation ever for both of them. We also have My second youngest daughter Holly (26) and her DH Josh (36). trailing behind them are their two pups, Jack and Tootsie. Oh, and myself, Curt.

The start of the trip was just to get here and have a place for the dogs to stay too.

Holly & Josh left weds. morning stopping two nights at motels with the dogs. Amazing they found places that accept dogs. They eventually made it here after many stops for the pups needs......

Amy , Brandon and the kids took the easy way by flying. We started off to the airport and just as we get there, she remembers she doesn't have her proof of insurance for the car rental and doesn't want to pay the additional insurance they charge ridiculous amounts for. So back home we go, now we're in a hurry. We made it back in time. This is Zach & Emma's first plane ride and they were excited! When the plane started rolling down the runway, Zach's eyes got bigger and bigger the faster they went and when the plane started lifting off, you'd think he was the happiest kid in the world. He never stopped looking out the window the whole time. They made it safe and sound with no weird experiences.

Jody and I took the hard way...again. We left Cedar Rapids at 4 pm Thursday and drove till 2am to make it to the TN state line. I waved Bob. Took a 3 hour nap and hit the road again. Drove the rest of the way making it in about 6:30 pm. UGH, I'm pooped now.

Holly & Josh rented a house for the week that allows dogs. Pretty nice actually. Has a 30 foot pool, which Holly really likes because she says she doesn't have to be seen in public in swim attire.

We went out and got our "supplies" for the night and went out to start the grill....umm, no propane. So much for the steaks. I sure hope this isn't a portent of what's to come. So cooking on the stove. Dang! I was looking forward to yummy grilled steaks. We did get the lemonade and sweet tea from Publix though. :P

Tomorrow we check into Old Key West. I'll be taking lots of pictures.

Everybody is outside in the pool and now it's time for me to get wet.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for this one.

While I love the Fort, I also have a soft spot for OKW. I can't wait to see pics and hear what you think about it these days. Before the camping bug, I almost bought an OKW resale I liked it so much. I love the bigger sizes of the room/villas and the tropical, laid back feel.

Alright, let's get this party started.

1st up... my little ray of sunshine Jody.

P1040520.jpg

This young man is the "Z" man, Zach.

P1040529.jpg

and little Emma doesn't like to smile for the camera.

P1040587.jpg

Here's Zach again when he realizes he is at Walt Disney World.

P1040573.jpg

We were met on Main Street with a song and dance welcoming us. I told Zach they knew he was coming and did it all for them. He believes everything I tell him. He'll grow out of that sometime. But for now.... he thinks I'm the greatest Papa in the world....lol

P1040588.jpg

Work on Main street makes the bakery looks like it's busting at the seams.

P1040594.jpg

Of course our first stop is the Haunted Mansion. Remember when I said it was Zach's favorite ride? Well he rode it and wasn't pleased at first....sort of had a fit. Especially the parts with the zombies popping their heads up. He WAS looking forward to that but when they did it...AAAAHHHHHHHHH! After the ride he said it's his favorite. Short attention span I guess.

P1040605.jpg

Here's Emma playing the instruments.

P1040617.jpg

The bride...

P1040640.jpg

We all split up and I ended up heading to the fort for a bit.

P1040679.jpg

I won't bore you with the usual photos but I did see something that has happened in the 200 loop. It's closed. The crews have been doing some digging and resurfacing of several sites. Looks like they were digging water lines or something. That's what some campers said it looked like. Here's a picture of the front half of one of the sites that was done.

P1040710.jpg

I did stop by a fiend but nobody was home. Boo!

P1040707.jpg

These pictures are taking forever to upload so I'll finish off for now and get more on tomorrow. Tune in tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel.

• 1 month later...