May The Fort Be With You- A TCD SWW Trip Report!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of the twins drawings are very good, but are you sure that you're their dad. You're drawing is terrible. Did you loose an eye or something? From your vantage point it doesn't look like much is go

Gee, I wonder how many friend requests I have? So that's how it's done now. I like the old way better.

Star Wars Weekends for 2012 began this past weekend at Hollywood Studios. These have been going on for years. The TCD gang has never had much interest. But, last year, we visted during a Star Wars wee

I'm the other guy that hasn't seen Avengers yet. Pretty sure my last trip to a theater involved Dances With Wolves.

As far as the girl in the gold outfit and some of the other shots of random guests of questionable taste and/or self image... My mom always said "Just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you have to wear it!"

I grew up a Star Wars fan, collected a little bit, but not quite to 'geek' status, actually, I may have been before that and it just didn't take with the SW bit. I do think the Wookie family portrait is classic! I always giggle at Watto, his accent sounds just like my father-in-law.

Don't feel too bad about LMFAO, most people don't know who they are, as I have people constantly requesting "that song in the M&M's commercial". They're at 14:43...they're 15 minutes are almost up! With the current state of popular music, as a DJ, I'm in pure hell!

The bluegrass festival was good. Mellow, good food, and three sources of free beer! You'll have to join us next year!

I'm the other guy that hasn't seen Avengers yet. Pretty sure my last trip to a theater involved Dances With Wolves.

As far as the girl in the gold outfit and some of the other shots of random guests of questionable taste and/or self image... My mom always said "Just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you have to wear it!"

I grew up a Star Wars fan, collected a little bit, but not quite to 'geek' status, actually, I may have been before that and it just didn't take with the SW bit. I do think the Wookie family portrait is classic! I always giggle at Watto, his accent sounds just like my father-in-law.

Don't feel too bad about LMFAO, most people don't know who they are, as I have people constantly requesting "that song in the M&M's commercial". They're at 14:43...they're 15 minutes are almost up! With the current state of popular music, as a DJ, I'm in pure hell!

The bluegrass festival was good. Mellow, good food, and three sources of free beer! You'll have to join us next year!

John-

Thanks for making me feel better about being old.

And, I know that I have been to the theater more recently than Dances with Wolves. You are almost as bad as my late father-in-law. He always told me that the last movie he saw in a theater was the Poseidon Adventure.

If you have a chance to watch the Hyperspace Hoopla video, I'd love to hear your professional opinion about how they did. I think they got a lot of popular music in that little show. What impressed me is that it was all different from what they did last year. It would have been easy for them to just repeat what they did the year before.

Sorry that I had to miss the bluegrass festival and free beer. That is my favorite kind of beer!

TCD

fwmap.jpg

That's a map of Fort Wilderness!

An old one, too.

It has Musket Mickey on it.

What is that doing there?

I don't know.

If anyone sees Lou, please ask him.

I think it's just that none of the IDIOT managers are willing to show some initiative and take down that map. They're much to busy harassing the drivers and it would take some thinking. I've never seen anyone use it.

The drivers for the Fort buses are assigned at TTC and not out of that shack.

How do you like the fancy waiting area for drivers waiting to be assigned a bus, nice?

They did add a couple of umbrellas last year.

Yeahhh---another TCD report. My favorite print is "Easy Being Green It is Not". If only rich I was. I'm of the same era as everybody else--never heard of LMFAO. Glad you decided on a one nighter--Fast passes made it all worthwhile. Can't wait for more. As always very interesting.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I know I'm late. I am glad I get to experience this thru a TR. We have been there during SW week (it wasn't on the weekend) and their were so many people we did the minimum and left. It was REALLY crowded that day.

We finally rejoined FB but funny thing happened... all but a few of FB friends are fiends. Oh, they poke alot. :rofl2:

A couple of random thoughts.....

I was thinking the other day "I wish TCD would post a TR or something....I am jonesing". Perfect timing.

As for mouth breathing around the loaded shorts.....I would rather have the microscopic particles of poop in my nose than in my mouth....but to each their own.

I loved the original SW movies and toys as a kid. I never entered geekdom, though. And we have never been during the SW times either. It looks pretty cool.

I would have been tempted to buy that Chewbaca costume. That would rock while snowboarding....or maybe for just cutting the grass and freaking out passers by.

I watched the whole vid posted. Pretty well done. They should have went all out with the LMFAO and donned bikinis.