May The Fort Be With You- A TCD SWW Trip Report!

Wow!! I'm learning so much about SW!! This may be the only way to get my Disney-hating Star-Wars-loving husband to go with me...take him to SWW. I wouldn't mind getting a pic with Chewie or an ewok. I like them the best. Now, if Harrison Ford still looked like he did when SW first came out, I wouldn't mind going to sneak a peek at HIM! :rofl3:

And, dont' worry...your drawings look just fine to this non-artistic person! Yes, I have even trouble with stick figure people.

I still think Harrison Ford looks just fine.
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of the twins drawings are very good, but are you sure that you're their dad. You're drawing is terrible. Did you loose an eye or something? From your vantage point it doesn't look like much is go

Gee, I wonder how many friend requests I have? So that's how it's done now. I like the old way better.

Star Wars Weekends for 2012 began this past weekend at Hollywood Studios. These have been going on for years. The TCD gang has never had much interest. But, last year, we visted during a Star Wars wee

Aayla Secura http://starwars.wiki...ki/Aayla_Secura

Howeverr, her mean old mom (me) wouldn't let her wear a shirt that shows her belly or paint her whole body blue. Mean old mom.

Thanks. I never would have guessed that. That link is quite something. Wookiepedia? Who knew?

I hear you on the mean old mom. It seems every teenage girl has one.

Wow!! I'm learning so much about SW!! This may be the only way to get my Disney-hating Star-Wars-loving husband to go with me...take him to SWW. I wouldn't mind getting a pic with Chewie or an ewok. I like them the best. Now, if Harrison Ford still looked like he did when SW first came out, I wouldn't mind going to sneak a peek at HIM! :rofl3:

And, dont' worry...your drawings look just fine to this non-artistic person! Yes, I have even trouble with stick figure people.

If your DH loves Star Wars, then this might be just the ticket for you!

And, I am not worried about my drawings- I know I don't have any artistic ability, so they are very good for me.

I still think Harrison Ford looks just fine.

I am so with you on that one!!!

Me too!

Hey take it to chat, Ladies.

Just kidding.

I like Harrison Ford too.

It is odd that they have actors dress up like Luke and Laura and other "face" characters (like Queen Amidala) but no Han Solo. And I liked his character a lot.

Also, no Jar Jar.

I just recently saw Episode 1, so I understand the Jar Jar hate, but it would still be fun to meet a Jar Jar character.

TCD

I can't believe I was in college when the first film came out. I remember the entire audience standing and cheering for what today would be pretty lame special effects. Who would have thought that 35 years later this film would spawn major attractions, a series of films, and millions of geek fans? Not to mention women willing to walk around with very little on. A geek's dream come true!

And by the way, today is the anniversary of the release of the first film, if my memory is correct.

I've just caught up again and had so many comments as I read along, but now the only thing that sticks in my mind is you were right once again.

The pic of Ewok, you and Chewie is definitely THE most snuggly thing I've ever seen! :heartsmiley:

I have to get over to HS and find that Yoda shirt............

And by the way, today is the anniversary of the release of the first film, if my memory is correct.

Coincidentally I saw on the news this morning that today is 'National Geek Pride Day.' Those geeks at SWW must be on cloud nine today. Is TCD going for another quick visit?

It’s hard to believe that this low budget film and producer started all of the FX we see and like today. I still have the original 4-6 on DVD before they added all the new FX. It is great to go back and see real arties at work and not relying on the computer to do all the work.

mesa no thinksa. my dd, age 8 had been talking like jarjar binksa for daysa

LOL! No doubt that Jar Jar is annoying. But, I read an interesting article about the actor who played Jar Jar earlier this year. As you know, they re-released Episode 1 in 3D this year, so there were a lot of articles out about SW just a few months ago.

Anyway, the article talked about how devastated the guy was that peope HATED his character. George Lucas, and every one else involved with this film, including the actor, expected audiences to love Jar Jar. He was supposed to be comic relief- like C3P0 was in the later episodes. The article also pointed out that this guy was a pioneer in the area of computer animated characters. The article compared him to the guy that played the elf or whatever it was in the Lord of The Rings movies- that guy got all kinds of acclaim for his work, while this actor got nothing.

It just goes to show you that even a genius like George Lucas can miss the mark.

If the actor who played Jar Jar ever shows up at a SWW, I would get in line at 4 am to meet him.

No Nicki! Don't give in to the Dark Side. (unless they have chocolate...then its okay.)

I did find this one on food network's website.

http://www.foodnetwo...cipe/index.html

Might have to give it a try.

Jason- Nice job on the hijack of this thread! Not bad for a relative new guy! You are fitting in here nicely!

The more i see Ewok boy the more I am weirded out. He definitely belongs in the Triumph the Dog video.........his costume is cool...."for me to poop on."

LOL!

I laugh every time I think of Ewok boy.

The one thing that I didn't mention is that it got to be pretty hot out on Saturday. That dude's head must have been sweating something awful.

I posted a photo earlier in this report of Twin #2 in one of those ewok hats. Maybe I should buy one and paint my face for the next SWW?

I can't believe I was in college when the first film came out. I remember the entire audience standing and cheering for what today would be pretty lame special effects. Who would have thought that 35 years later this film would spawn major attractions, a series of films, and millions of geek fans? Not to mention women willing to walk around with very little on. A geek's dream come true!

You are correct, sir.

Today is the 35th anniversary of the release of the movie that was originally known just as Star Wars.

I have thought about it, and I can't think of any cultural phenomenon that can compare to what followed the release of that movie.

Harry Potter?

Big, but no where near as big.

And no where near as cool.

I am going to talk more about this, including the scantily clad women, in my next post.

I've just caught up again and had so many comments as I read along, but now the only thing that sticks in my mind is you were right once again.

The pic of Ewok, you and Chewie is definitely THE most snuggly thing I've ever seen! :heartsmiley:

I have to get over to HS and find that Yoda shirt............

Told you.

Stef, I can't tell you how much I would love to see a photo with you and an ewok.

If I was there, I would stand on line for you.

But I'm not, so get Trevor to do it.

I know it would be an awesome photo!

Ewok boy is scary! I love that you are a cool dad and willing to pose with the characters, also gives you a chance to view the Wookie up close for your Wookie family painting. With your new found art skills you are going to make a fortune.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I know that with a little practice, I could paint Wookies.

I am going to be rich!

But, first I guess I should find out if anyone bought any of that "art."

Coincidentally I saw on the news this morning that today is 'National Geek Pride Day.' Those geeks at SWW must be on cloud nine today. Is TCD going for another quick visit?

Not today, I'm sorry to say.

And probably not this weekend.

But, there will be two more SWW's after this one.

It’s hard to believe that this low budget film and producer started all of the FX we see and like today. I still have the original 4-6 on DVD before they added all the new FX. It is great to go back and see real arties at work and no relying on the computer to do all the work.

There is quite a bit of bonus content on the Blueray set showing how they made the early movies. You are right, there was no computer animation then. They actually had to build models, and blow stuff up with explosives. I know that today the special effects in that first movie look kind of lame, but they really were amazing in 1977. And what has followed really can be traced back to the ground breaking work done by Lucas and company in this film. I know that the Blueray set has the new effects which were later added to the original movies, I wish I could see them in their original form.

TCD