May The Fort Be With You- A TCD SWW Trip Report!

Well, TCD TR fans, we have reached this point sooner than I would have liked.

But, this is the last batch of photos.

Trust me, I have a lot more, but this last batch pretty much covers the end of our evening.

After our experience at Hyperspace Hoopla the night before, with the kids on shoulders blocking our view, not to mention the poopy pants, we agreed to get our place earlier. I suggested that we should stake out our spot at 7. The girls thought that was too early.

But, when we checked things out at 7, there was already a good sized crowd in front of the stage. So, if you want to be really close, I guess you need to be there even earlier.

We carefully chose a spot in the crowd. There were some geniuses next to us who had wheeled in a gargantuan stroller and parked it in the midst of the crowd. There were just a couple with the stroller- no kids. But, I knew what they were up to. Sure enough, as the start time came closer, hear came grandma, grandpa, a couple of other adults, and a few kids, who all crowded around that stroller. The kids went up on the shoulders, and the people behind them were screwed. It didn't affect us, since we were on the side of all of this. But, I thought that it was incredibly rude.

FWG, if you are still reading this, the next time you speak to Bobby, please ask him to send a memo to Snig and Oopla and ask them to tell the HH audience to keep their frickin' strollers out of the area where people are trying to stand and if their bratty kids need to be on their shoulders, they shouldn't stand in front of people who want to see the show just as much. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Anyway, here's where we were and how things looked at around an hour before the show:

IMG_2150.jpg

Note, there are no folks with small kids in front of us. We chose wisely. Also, check out the big guy with the bald head and huge ear guages in front of us to the right- and his girlfriend/wife's hair. I wouldn't have pegged them to be Star Wars fans.

I actually thought that we would have time to eat before we got our places, but since we jumped in, we hadn't eaten.

Folks around us were eating and drinking things they had picked up.

So, we discussed it, and decided that we would be eating hot dogs in pretzel rolls for the second night in a row.

No complaints from me. I thought they were great. And, I'm going to have another one the next chance I get.

From the time we got in place until the time I made it back with our food, all of these folks had gathered behind us:

IMG_2152.jpg

This was a much bigger crowd than on Friday night. I think the rain on Friday helped keep the crowd down. I would expect that the crowd might not be as bad on a Sunday night. But, if you are planning to go and don't want a kid's butt in your face, you had better get there early.

It was nice to have a kind of unobstructed view of the stage. I would have liked to be a little closer, and we will try that on a future trip.

But for this night, this was our view:

IMG_2158.jpg

I should have mentioned that these exact same castmembers were the hosts of all the Hyperspace Hooplas we attended last year. I wonder if they do them all? I would guess yes, since this is only performed 12 times a year. I wonder what they do the rest of the year?

OK, Marty and Jason, and any other geeks Star Wars fans who may be reading along, this is where I could use some of your expertise. Early in the show, they introduce characters. I believe that the lady in the robe in this photo is Princess Leia, but I don't know the other lady. I am pretty sure she is from the cartoon series:

IMG_2164.jpg

And, I have no clue who this green guy is:

IMG_2165.jpg

They call this band Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes. But, where did that name come from? As far as I recall, these guys do show up playing in the cantina in Epsiodes IV and V, but I don't remember them ever being called by that name, and what is with the apostrophe in Dan? :

IMG_2174.jpg

These guys sure can dance! :

IMG_2183.jpg

Is LL Cool J still in business? I thought it was odd to choose him for the bad dude to copy instead of someone more contemporary:

IMG_2204.jpg

The really weird looking lady in this photo showed up in the show a lot. I thought I heard someone call her an assassin. I also noted that she has really, really long fingers. But, I don't know who she is or what she is doing here:

IMG_2212.jpg

She was joined by a woman who looked like a femal version of Boba Fett in some of the dances. Anybody know who these gals are?

Here's a pretty good shot of the Good Guys- is that a Jawa? Are they good guys? :

IMG_2224.jpg

If you watched the video from Friday night's performance, you probably noticed that Chewie's glasses and wig came off and flopped around during his dance. Tonight, he had on a different pair of glasses, and everything must have been glued down better:

IMG_2233.jpg

Like I said earlier, I tried to not pay attention to the girls in the skimpy costumes, but it was hard not to. This Padme was strong:

IMG_2244.jpg

And what red blooded American man does not have a special place in his heart for slave Leia? :

IMG_2245.jpg

The Good Guys' performance was good, but so was Darth Vader's and the Stormtroopers' :

IMG_2248.jpg

The Boba and Darth dance off was awesome:

IMG_2257.jpg

Here's a good shot of most of the performers- and there's that lady with the long fingers again- somebody tell me who she is, please:

IMG_2258.jpg

Here we are near the end of the show, and there's another one of those unidentified lady characters:

IMG_2273.jpg

That's all I have for Hyperspace Hoopla.

Now, for some more tips for you.

After Hyperspace Hoopla, we headed toward TOT.

We had Fastpasses for RNR, but we also wanted to try to ride TOT.

They had an 8:30 Fantasmic show, and the castmembers were still letting folks in for that as we headed toward TOT. But, they were saying it was standing room only.

That Fantasmic show sucked everyone out of this part of the park. So, TOT was a walk-on. No line at all. We walked right in and were ushered into the pre-show room. There was a small line in the boiler room, but we were in and out of there in 15 minutes.

So there's a tip for you- after HH is a good time to hit TOT.

And RNR too. We had Fastpasses, but the standby was only 30 minutes. Which is a great time on a busy day.

Before we went on RNR, we stopped back at Darth's Mall:

IMG_2299.jpg

When we visited here on Friday evening, it was a madhouse. Tonight, it was almost empty. There were no lines to buy merchandise, as there had been the night before. So, if you have some shopping to do, this would be the time to do it.

Twin #2 got a SWW t-shirt. Twin #1 said she wouldn't wear a SWW t-shirt in public.

Next, we hopped on RNR:

IMG_1302.jpg

And we headed out.

It was about 10 as we headed out of the park.

There was a small line formed for the 10:30 Fantasmic show.

But nothing near the massive lines I have seen other nights.

So, again, 10:30 on a SWW night is a great time to see Fantasmic.

We took a bus back to A.S.S., and I got a cup of coffee.

We headed toward home at about 10:45.

I pulled in to my driveway a little after midnight.

And, that was that.

A great trip.

We are going to try to do it all over again before SWW's are over this year.

If we do, I'll be sure to post a report.

Until then, that's all folks.

TCD

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of the twins drawings are very good, but are you sure that you're their dad. You're drawing is terrible. Did you loose an eye or something? From your vantage point it doesn't look like much is go

Gee, I wonder how many friend requests I have? So that's how it's done now. I like the old way better.

Star Wars Weekends for 2012 began this past weekend at Hollywood Studios. These have been going on for years. The TCD gang has never had much interest. But, last year, we visted during a Star Wars wee

Wow,

I finally got caught up. Ive been away for a bit (lurking but not posting-life happens). I do want to thank you for wasting my morning. I had plans to head to the shooting range today, but happened upon your TR and now its too late to go.....guess Ill try again tommorow. I did want to make some comments, but there are way too many to qoute so Ill wrap everything up in one, sorry.

We go every year to SWW and enjoy it emensly. But then again, we are both SW geeks fans. Not the no life, dress up, and stalk stars fans, but we like the movies and I like how detailed Disney gets with the theaming and costumes.

You had asked if any fiends had seen The Avengers, I had, in 3D and enhanced theater. It lives up to the hype and was a very good movie, but will say you have to be a fan to enjoy it and understand it. If you have seen the other Avenger movies, you should see this one as well.

As a retirement gift, my mother in law got me frozen in carbonite. I like the concept and thought the experience was good, but I would have never paid the price for it. But it was a gift so I went with it. They take photos of your head with special cameras and then render your image in 3D. They then send this to a machien that carves the carbonite in your likeness. Yes all of the bodies are the same, and to me the faces do not look like the person, but we will see how mine turns out when I get it.

For the HHH, you need to get there at 6pm for the 8pm show if you want to be in the front row. this is what we do. But we ussualy only go for the parade and HHH. We do not character meet. I do know where all of the characters come out and the path they take to get to thier meet and greet areas. I will on occasion wait in that area and get some good pictures of just the characters. They tend to interact with you more doing this. I talk to the CMs and find out the schedule and show up around the swap out time.

Spoiler (any hcildren should stop reading now)

As for the HHH characters, snig is Marlin in the nemo show when not Snig. Slave Lea and Padame work in Tommorowland. One at space mountain and one in merchandising if I remember correctly. Chewi works in MK, but not sure where. All characters are regular CMs throughout the year. Before SWW they put out a casting call and they audition for the parts. Of course, Snig and oopla have been doing the HHH for the past at least 4 years. Im sure they will not change anytime soon. There is a cult following of them and people even dress as them for SWW.

Another great TR. Im glad you finally embraced your inner nerd and got into the fun. I remember not long ago you had never seen the HHH or been to SWW. Now you are an expert (well, semi expert, you did get a few characters wrong)

too soon.. it's over way too soon!

I agree.

But, that's all I have for this one.

I wish we could squeeze in a longer trip soon, but it just ain't happening.

Wow,

I finally got caught up. Ive been away for a bit (lurking but not posting-life happens). I do want to thank you for wasting my morning. I had plans to head to the shooting range today, but happened upon your TR and now its too late to go.....guess Ill try again tommorow. I did want to make some comments, but there are way too many to qoute so Ill wrap everything up in one, sorry.

We go every year to SWW and enjoy it emensly. But then again, we are both SW geeks fans. Not the no life, dress up, and stalk stars fans, but we like the movies and I like how detailed Disney gets with the theaming and costumes.

You had asked if any fiends had seen The Avengers, I had, in 3D and enhanced theater. It lives up to the hype and was a very good movie, but will say you have to be a fan to enjoy it and understand it. If you have seen the other Avenger movies, you should see this one as well.

As a retirement gift, my mother in law got me frozen in carbonite. I like the concept and thought the experience was good, but I would have never paid the price for it. But it was a gift so I went with it. They take photos of your head with special cameras and then render your image in 3D. They then send this to a machien that carves the carbonite in your likeness. Yes all of the bodies are the same, and to me the faces do not look like the person, but we will see how mine turns out when I get it.

For the HHH, you need to get there at 6pm for the 8pm show if you want to be in the front row. this is what we do. But we ussualy only go for the parade and HHH. We do not character meet. I do know where all of the characters come out and the path they take to get to thier meet and greet areas. I will on occasion wait in that area and get some good pictures of just the characters. They tend to interact with you more doing this. I talk to the CMs and find out the schedule and show up around the swap out time.

Spoiler (any hcildren should stop reading now)

As for the HHH characters, snig is Marlin in the nemo show when not Snig. Slave Lea and Padame work in Tommorowland. One at space mountain and one in merchandising if I remember correctly. Chewi works in MK, but not sure where. All characters are regular CMs throughout the year. Before SWW they put out a casting call and they audition for the parts. Of course, Snig and oopla have been doing the HHH for the past at least 4 years. Im sure they will not change anytime soon. There is a cult following of them and people even dress as them for SWW.

Another great TR. Im glad you finally embraced your inner nerd and got into the fun. I remember not long ago you had never seen the HHH or been to SWW. Now you are an expert (well, semi expert, you did get a few characters wrong)

Dave-

Great post!

Sorry about making you miss the gun range.

Yes, I have embraced my inner nerd- and you are partly to blame. You were one of the people who suggested that I watch HH. So I did- and now look at me.

Thanks for the info on the HH castmembers. I will be looking for Snig at the Nemo show - now that you mention that he plays Marlin, I think we may have seen him there already. You are right about the cult following- there was a little girl in the audience dressed as Oompla. I wasn't able to get a photo, though.

Let me know if you are going to another SWW this year- maybe we can meet up for a beer.

And, by the way, have a great Memorial Day, and thanks again for your service to our country.

TCD

OK, Marty and Jason, and any other geeks Star Wars fans who may be reading along, this is where I could use some of your expertise. Early in the show, they introduce characters. I believe that the lady in the robe in this photo is Princess Leia, but I don't know the other lady. I am pretty sure she is from the cartoon series:

IMG_2164.jpg

That is Ahsoka Tano. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano
And, I have no clue who this green guy is:

IMG_2165.jpg

Green Guy is Kit Fisto. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kit_Fisto
The really weird looking lady in this photo showed up in the show a lot. I thought I heard someone call her an assassin. I also noted that she has really, really long fingers. But, I don't know who she is or what she is doing here:

IMG_2212.jpg

That is Arrua Sing, a bounty hunter. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aurra_Sing

That is Ahsoka Tano. http://starwars.wiki...iki/Ahsoka_Tano

Green Guy is Kit Fisto. http://starwars.wiki.../wiki/Kit_Fisto

That is Arrua Sing, a bounty hunter. http://starwars.wiki...wiki/Aurra_Sing

Good job, Marty.

It looks like you got them all right.

So, were any of these characters in the 6 movies?

That wookiepedia is something to behold.

Where the heck does all of that backstory come from?

TCD

This is according to my 11yo and 9yo boys.

Kit Fisto was in episode 3 when they come to arrest Palpitane.

Arrua Sing was hired by Darth Vader to find the Millinium Falcon. (They disagree as to whether that scene was in Episode 4 or 5.)

Two things:

1. This is my 3000th post.

Props to me.

2. Thanks for that info. I don't remember seeing either of those characters in the movies. It's strange to me how some of these relatively obscure characters have big followings among SW fans.

TCD

On the remote chance that someone might be interested, here's a link to the on-line version of the article I read a while back on the actor who played Jar Jar:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20566981_20570668,00.html

This is a quote of the part of the article that I was remembering:

The cast certainly found Best funny on set. ''Ahmed had Ewan and me in stitches most days,'' says Liam Neeson, who played Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn. Natalie Portman (Padmé Amidala) concurs: ''He was definitely everyone's favorite person on set. Liam couldn't keep a straight face with him. George wanted to have dinner with him every night.'' Indeed, the rest of the Phantom Menace cast was convinced that Best's character would become an audience favorite. They could not have been more wrong.

TCD

Ok, ok, so it's yet another great TR by the "Rock Star", I might have to read all of it.

I thought the title was clever. So much so that I doubt he come up with it. Ok TCD, which twin is responsible for it?

Anyway, "May the Fort be with you". Get it, May, it's the month of May, and Fort, instead of Force.

Next he'll post, "If you only knew the power of the SNARK side" or, "no, LOU, I am your father".

he was amusing the first 3 times I watched it.... but after that...

See, I had already heard all the Jar Jar hate before I ever saw Episode 1. Even with the forewarning, I was surprised by how he did not fit in at all. George Lucas must have been on drugs if he thought this character would be popular. Even so, he is part of the Star Wars history, and he should be included in SWW.

Well thank you for another enjoyable TR. No other TR's make me laugh as much as yours do.

On a side note I googled Wookie Family Portrait and one of the images that came up was this:

http://www.caption-o...ily-picture.htm

LOL!

That sure is a Wookie Family Portrait.

I like it better than the $3500 one.

BTW- that photo is from the awkwardfamilyphotos.com site. My kids love that site.

Sometimes, we recreate the poses.

Ok, ok, so it's yet another great TR by the "Rock Star", I might have to read all of it.

I thought the title was clever. So much so that I doubt he come up with it. Ok TCD, which twin is responsible for it?

Anyway, "May the Fort be with you". Get it, May, it's the month of May, and Fort, instead of Force.

Next he'll post, "If you only knew the power of the SNARK side" or, "no, LOU, I am your father".

Actually, it was between "May The Fort Be With You" and "When You Wish Upon a Death Star."

I like the "Lou, I am your father." I'm going to remember that one.

Have a great weekend.

Don't you dare waste time reading this trip report.

Say hi to all the Fiends in Georgia for me.

TCD

I agree.

But, that's all I have for this one.

I wish we could squeeze in a longer trip soon, but it just ain't happening.

Dave-

Great post!

Sorry about making you miss the gun range.

Yes, I have embraced my inner nerd- and you are partly to blame. You were one of the people who suggested that I watch HH. So I did- and now look at me.

Thanks for the info on the HH castmembers. I will be looking for Snig at the Nemo show - now that you mention that he plays Marlin, I think we may have seen him there already. You are right about the cult following- there was a little girl in the audience dressed as Oompla. I wasn't able to get a photo, though.

Let me know if you are going to another SWW this year- maybe we can meet up for a beer.

And, by the way, have a great Memorial Day, and thanks again for your service to our country.

TCD

I hope to make one more this year. DW seems to work every weekend now. But if we get a chance we will be there. Ill let you know. But if youre ever near exit 44 off I4, you can stop by for a cold one anytime.

Great TR once again, but do not ever dress up like Ewok boy; not even for Halloween.

Thanks.

I don't think I will ever dress up like ewok boy. But, it would be funny if I did.

Nice report. I sure wish we lived as close to Disney as you do.

Thanks.

And, I wish you lived closer too.

I hope to make one more this year. DW seems to work every weekend now. But if we get a chance we will be there. Ill let you know. But if youre ever near exit 44 off I4, you can stop by for a cold one anytime.

Dave- I pass by that way on every trip to WDW. Lately, I have been passing early in the morning and late at night.

If it's ever around 5 o'clock, I will be sure to let you know.

Enjoyed the trip report! I have a closet geek side! lol

Hey- where the heck have you been?

End of the school year craziness, right?

Ewoks, Wookies and Crazy eyed Bolt... OH MY!

I think I can answer your question about why people take babies to a theme park...

It's because they're too young to stay home alone. ;D

Lil H is gonna love this TR.

I hope that Lil H love the report.

And that he gets to go to a SWW some time!

Enjoyed the report TCD. Was a bit of a weird one, but hey, I should be used to that from you.

True.

Ahh, Lil H, your own little Jedi Knight.

Jedi.jpg

Very cool, Lou.

Well, I guess that is that for this one.

Time to plan the next trip.

TCD