May The Fort Be With You- A TCD SWW Trip Report!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of the twins drawings are very good, but are you sure that you're their dad. You're drawing is terrible. Did you loose an eye or something? From your vantage point it doesn't look like much is go

Gee, I wonder how many friend requests I have? So that's how it's done now. I like the old way better.

Star Wars Weekends for 2012 began this past weekend at Hollywood Studios. These have been going on for years. The TCD gang has never had much interest. But, last year, we visted during a Star Wars wee

Way to go "Rock Star!" Another great TR.

I've never been to a SWW, but the idea of SW characters just walking through the park (on the way to Meet/Greet) is a pretty cool concept. I think your pics of them were the best. I suspect though, some years from now, you will look back fondly on your poses with Chewey. Awesome!

I remember going to the parks when my daughter was a baby. While it restricted our ride capacity, I really enjoyed the fact that it forced me to find shaded park benches a lot, and just enjoy the ambience (sp?) and people watching. It's definitely not for everybody, but I really enjoyed the slower pace for a bit.

Thanks for all the great pics (including the 3 of the Fort)

Thank you so much for all the info which I am now passing on to my son Chad who is getting married on June 2nd and is honeymooning in Kissimmee. Going to Star Wars Weekends on the 3rd after he arrives and all the tips will come in handy for him and his bride.

Next year is MY turn to be there!!!

Nancy

TCD,

Man, I just read your report in one sitting!!!

Great report as usual.

I know I have said this before, but I love "seeing" all the fun you have with your girls. Its great that you live close enough to go so often.

I wish we lived closer.

Oh, and we were another family that took our kids to Disney as babies/toddlers. There was NO WAY we could have missed a few years of Disney fun, so we went. Took a slower and different pace and still had a blast!

Looking forward to the next one!

Heidi

Well, I was late for the start and I'm late for the end, but at least I'm consistent! Loved the report. It was great as usual. Now get your buns back to the Fort! ;)

Thanks.

And, I'm trying.

Great trip report! Thanks for the Hyperspace Hoopla video embed as well, my kids really enjoyed it.

Some day I'm going to make a SWW.

Glad you liked it.

I hope that you get to a SWW some day.

Way to go "Rock Star!" Another great TR.

I've never been to a SWW, but the idea of SW characters just walking through the park (on the way to Meet/Greet) is a pretty cool concept. I think your pics of them were the best. I suspect though, some years from now, you will look back fondly on your poses with Chewey. Awesome!

I remember going to the parks when my daughter was a baby. While it restricted our ride capacity, I really enjoyed the fact that it forced me to find shaded park benches a lot, and just enjoy the ambience (sp?) and people watching. It's definitely not for everybody, but I really enjoyed the slower pace for a bit.

Thanks for all the great pics (including the 3 of the Fort)

Glad you liked all the pics.

And it sounds like you would like to attend a SWW too.

Thank you so much for all the info which I am now passing on to my son Chad who is getting married on June 2nd and is honeymooning in Kissimmee. Going to Star Wars Weekends on the 3rd after he arrives and all the tips will come in handy for him and his bride.

Next year is MY turn to be there!!!

Nancy

Awesome!

I hope that they have a great time. I think that a Sunday will be less busy than a Saturday. But, who knows?

TCD,

Man, I just read your report in one sitting!!!

Great report as usual.

I know I have said this before, but I love "seeing" all the fun you have with your girls. Its great that you live close enough to go so often.

I wish we lived closer.

Oh, and we were another family that took our kids to Disney as babies/toddlers. There was NO WAY we could have missed a few years of Disney fun, so we went. Took a slower and different pace and still had a blast!

Looking forward to the next one!

Heidi

Heidi-

Thanks for checking in.

Since you hadn't, I was beginning to worry about you.

I understand about bringing a baby if there are other kids who are old enough to go. But, I wouldn't let one of those things I mistakenly called Jawas poke at my baby.

Hopefully the next trip report will be along soon.

TCD

Heidi-

Thanks for checking in.

Since you hadn't, I was beginning to worry about you.

I understand about bringing a baby if there are other kids who are old enough to go. But, I wouldn't let one of those things I mistakenly called Jawas poke at my baby.

Hopefully the next trip report will be along soon.

TCD

Thanks TCD!! I am doing GREAT, so no need to worry!!!

I guess after laying on the couch for the better part of four months, I am trying to get caught up on things. That means my FF reading has started to slide a bit.

I wouldnt let the Jawas poke my baby either.

Looking forward to the next report.

Off to read Stefs!

Heidi

I'm glad I finally found this board. I loved reading all of the posts on the old board, reading trip reports and checking out all of your photos! I've never stayed at the fort (and have never actually camped), but I am so tempted, after reading all of your reports!

I'm glad I finally found this board. I loved reading all of the posts on the old board, reading trip reports and checking out all of your photos! I've never stayed at the fort (and have never actually camped), but I am so tempted, after reading all of your reports!

Yay! Your first post!

Welcome.

I'm glad you're here too.

If you like the photos, then you really ought to consider a trip to the Fort.

Be sure to go to the "introduce yourself" thread so everyone can give you a proper welcome.

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the feedback, and it is rewarding to me to see new folks join in the fun.

TCD

Oh great, another groupie for you know who.

Welcome!

Thanks!

Yay! Your first post!

Welcome.

I'm glad you're here too.

If you like the photos, then you really ought to consider a trip to the Fort.

Be sure to go to the "introduce yourself" thread so everyone can give you a proper welcome.

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the feedback, and it is rewarding to me to see new folks join in the fun.

TCD

Thanks! I thought I'd seen a reference to an "Introduce Yourself" thread, but couldn't find it, so I ended up back here. Where the heck is it?

I'm definitely considering a trip to the fort. I may end up in a cabin the first time, unless I can convince my husband that we could handle one of those rented RVs. I seem to remember that there was someone who would set up the camper for you in advance. I read many, many, many posts on the old camping board (not just trip reports), but I've been away from it ever since you were banned and everyone else vacated.

Oh great, another groupie for you know who.

I thought you didn't read trip reports?

Thanks! I thought I'd seen a reference to an "Introduce Yourself" thread, but couldn't find it, so I ended up back here. Where the heck is it?

It's in the community section. Try this link: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/199-please-introduce-yourself/

I'm definitely considering a trip to the fort. I may end up in a cabin the first time, unless I can convince my husband that we could handle one of those rented RVs. I seem to remember that there was someone who would set up the camper for you in advance. I read many, many, many posts on the old camping board (not just trip reports), but I've been away from it ever since you were banned and everyone else vacated.

Yes, there are a couple of folks on here who will rent you a trailer. That would be a great way to go.

For the record, I was not banned from anyplace. I did quit a board where I used to post. Some craziness followed that. But I quit.

I thought you didn't read trip reports?

Look at the newbie giving it to Lou!

I love it!

TCD

It's in the community section. Try this link: http://www.fortfiend...oduce-yourself/

Thanks! I'll pop over there.

Yes, there are a couple of folks on here who will rent you a trailer. That would be a great way to go.

Perfect! I'll keep an eye out on that. I'll just have to start with the whole convincing-my-husband thing.

For the record, I was not banned from anyplace. I did quit a board where I used to post. Some craziness followed that. But I quit.

Thanks for clearing that up. I think I was away when the nuttiness occurred and was reading back a few days later.

Look at the newbie giving it to Lou!

I love it!

TCD

:heart:

Wow, I have high hopes for you, Snarky lives on.

:clint:

:rofl2: I thought you didn't read TRs...awesome :wave1:

See, I read much before I post. I pick up on things. ;)

Andrew, NOBODY, but NOBODY will ever do a TR better than you. :bravo:

Dave, I appreciate the compliment.

But, people can and do writer great trip reports here all the time.

Your TR from your Alaska cruise was awesome.

Stefa70 has a great report going right now.

And, there are many, many more.

So many that I can't even begin to list them all.

I don't know of a message board anywhere with as many great trip reports as we have here.

TCD

I'm not reading this TR right now...because I'm supposed to be finishing packing for our trip to the Fort in the morning! I promise I'll catch up on this when I return!

Until then...

woo hoo!