Found a tidbit of info floating around in cyberspace that someone on a Keys to the Kingdom tour recently saw the Spectro Magic floats parked out behind Space Mountain and supposedly being refurbished. Allegedly they were testing the lights and music.

Anyone seen/heard anything credible about a Spectro return? (she asked, hoping the answer is YES!)

We watched the parade the first year we went. We've decided we are not parade people and no longer work around trying to see one. Saw Spectro the last visit. Not sure if we will make any effort to see any of them this time.

MSEP is currently shown on the calendar to be at MK at least until the end of this year.

My prediction based on unofficial internal buzz and gut feeling is that SpectroMagic will be back during the first quarter of 2013.

MSEP has been on loan from DL since mid 2010 and was only supposed to be a summer replacement. It's long over due to be sent back.

I like both but I hope they keep MSEP around for one more visit. I like the music....it reminds me of being @ WDW when I was a little kid.....that and EWP music.

I'm with you on that. The good old day no bills, no job, no hassles

I like both but I hope they keep MSEP around for one more visit. I like the music....it reminds me of being @ WDW when I was a little kid.....that and EWP music.

it reminds me of when I was a kid to. For years I wanted it to come back. But now I want Spectro back me and my wife like the music to it.

Found a tidbit of info floating around in cyberspace that someone on a Keys to the Kingdom tour recently saw the Spectro Magic floats parked out behind Space Mountain and supposedly being refurbished. Allegedly they were testing the lights and music.

Anyone seen/heard anything credible about a Spectro return? (she asked, hoping the answer is YES!)

Where behide SM did you see them? That area is not that big.

Where behide SM did you see them? That area is not that big.

That's true, I call big, big, BS on the person that said they saw the floats backstage near SM.

I attribute it to the "I was behind the scenes and you know what I saw" mentality. I guess it makes them feel like they're reporting some earth shattering news.

There are so many reasons that makes that story baloney.

Sorry, that should have read *Splash* mountain - and it was mentioned by someone else on a message board that supposedly saw it while on the KTTK tour.

That makes more sense because that's where the parade floats are staged.

I'm still skeptical because why would Disney have SM floats out in the open and parade a tour group past it?

Bringing back the SM parade is a major change and Disney is usually very secretive about stuff like that.

We saw the snowglobe units being constructed during a backstage tour.

But did you know what it was for, or did you find out after you saw it in the parade.

The switch from the MSEP to SM is somewhat of a big deal and is the type of thing that Disney doesn't want to get out prematurely.

They want to be the ones that announce it.

No we knew what it was for, they took us right up to the Mickey float and let us look around and ask questions. They also took us to the staging area and let us watch them set up for the parade. After that we went down to the Utilidors and into the computer area and showed us how they move the parade to the starting area. From there we taken all the way to the train station exit and brought out to view everything we had just seen seeet up. It was an awesome experience and I'm pretty sure that it is something that people will never get to see again

A couple of years later we went on the tour with friends of ours. The tour was drastically changed.

No we knew what it was for, they took us right up to the Mickey float and let us look around and ask questions. They also took us to the staging area and let us watch them set up for the parade. After that we went down to the Utilidors and into the computer area and showed us how they move the parade to the starting area. From there we taken all the way to the train station exit and brought out to view everything we had just seen seeet up. It was an awesome experience and I'm pretty sure that it is something that people will never get to see again

A couple of years later we went on the tour with friends of ours. The tour was drastically changed.

When you said constructed, I thought you meant being built for a new parade.

What I'm understanding now, is that you saw it in the staging area getting ready to perform.

I don't think 9/11 had much to do with the tours changing. I'm not sure seeing the floats back stage presents a high security risk. It had more to do with liability. Disney has been on huge safety kick for a number of years.

Anyone can walk backstage with no problem.

They still conduct tours in those areas, but they're private and not for the average guests.

No, I did see it being built for a new parade. The old parade was in the staging area. I did notice a lot of changes between the tours pre and post 9/11. The one that stands out the most was security. Pre 9/11 there was zero security, post we had security check points everywhere. We even had security board the van we were travelling in and check our ID's.