North to ALASKA, updated last page

Wow!!! That must have been one Awesome Grand Fun-Filled Adventure of a trip.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us. :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No!!! I will not allow this TR to be over. Go back onto your SD card and find some more pics for us. Even if they are fuzzy or just show seal butts. We want more!

You know if you didn't have such a nice wife and adorable daughters, especially the littlest one, I would not be doing this, :rofl3: but....I just got these from Mark, they are the ones I missed in the harbor.,

scan0003.jpg

scan.jpg

Dave I just got a chance to read this. I am so sorry about Linda's mishaps, but what a beautiful trip. I always said that I don't care if I had a balcony on a cruise. But on the Alaska cruise it is a must. You had such a great view from yours. It has always been Richie's dream to go to Alaska, maybe one day we will get there. I know he will love your pictures as well. Thank you for sharing

Thanks for sharing that report Dave.

Let me preface this by saying, I DO NOT wear glasses, nor do I need them...yet!

Ya'll got some really great pictures together. Definitely the most good looking pirate couple I've seen in a long time.

Sorry we missed you at Stone Mountain but wow what a spectacular trip. We've been on the Wonder twice and I never thought I would like cruising her in Alaska but I was very wrong. That's one for the bucket list!

Sorry about Linda's fall and the scooter issues. Hope she is doing better now.

Dave-

I was away from my computer all weekend, so I missed all of your excellent updates in real time.

But I am caught up now.

I want to thank you for this trip report.

It is excellent!

Carol mentioned this already, but it is so odd to see the Wonder with snow and mountains in the background.

I have always had a mild interest in visiting Alaska.

After seeing all that you got to see on your cruise, I have a much greater interest.

I have two more things to add:

First, this photo is awesome:

100_3045.jpg

You are a good sport! I love the pirate get-up!

And second, you brought out a first post from a new Fiend:

Glad you enjoyed your trip! I live about 45 minutes south of Seattle and would love to take the cruise. I know why salmon berries are called that... because they look like salmon eggs.

Way to go, Dave.

And welcome gayleneg!

TCD

Dave-

I was away from my computer all weekend, so I missed all of your excellent updates in real time.

But I am caught up now.

I want to thank you for this trip report.

It is excellent!

Carol mentioned this already, but it is so odd to see the Wonder with snow and mountains in the background.

I have always had a mild interest in visiting Alaska.

After seeing all that you got to see on your cruise, I have a much greater interest.

I have two more things to add:

First, this photo is awesome:

100_3045.jpg

You are a good sport! I love the pirate get-up!

And second, you brought out a first post from a new Fiend:

Way to go, Dave.

And welcome gayleneg!

TCD

Thanks, and as I said earlier this is definitely a "DO IT IF YOU CAN" cruise. There are many other, more exciting, shore excursions available as well.

• 1 year later...

I'm so glad Aaron bumped this trip report!!

I'm so ticked off about the ecv. That really stinks. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles it caused and of Linda's fall.

The pictures are beautiful!! An Alaskan cruise is so high on my list of things to do but no money for them yet. Some day I will get there! My husband went with my father to go fishing years ago and I'm still bitter lol.

very cool.. i love your tr and the pics were great!  there are so many beautiful places to see here.  on one of our road trips we made it to Jasper--it was our half way point to Alaska from Wisconsin.  I still think we could of done it but, we decided to head back.  Yeah, that's how we roll... go and see where the road takes you.  I do know where we were--when the roads were flat: we had wind.  It was a cross wind and it was wicked.  The roads weren't bad to this point but, a cruise might be a better way to see this area.  I'm still set on taking the drive someday.

I love your pics.  It looks like you guys had a great time.   

• 4 months later...