We're here! We arrived Saturday around noon and were lucky that our site was empty, so we got to come in early. I figure I'll post some pictures of our trip for others interested in camping here in the future or those who already love Topsail.

This is our "beach house" for the next two weeks. We love that the sites are shaded and fairly private. The pads aren't as big as the premium sites at the fort, but they're pretty big.

465719_3980865961565_120889227_o.jpg

One of the best things about Topsail is the beach!

538320_3980853081243_125342290_n.jpg

There aren't many places in FL we've been to where you see this along the beach instead of high-rise hotels.

e514f902.jpg

I have to add a picture of the little guy. How could you not love that face?!?!?!

IMG_1791.jpg

This is the pool, nothing special at all. Of course, this is the middle of the day, so it's not crowded at all, and that's nice.

IMG_1820.jpg

I'll post more pictures while we're here, so to be continued....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post more pics and should mention a few things for those interested in camping here...

It's a FL state park, and I think it's $42 a night for the RV sites and you have sewer hook up.

The beach isn't right next to the site, so you have to ride a bike or take the hourly tram.

That is a great photo, thanks!

The seaweed doesn't look bad at all. And, I will bet you have a yellow flag the whole time. I don't recall them ever putting out green flags, even when it's calm.

We have camped in Grayton Beach. We went during spring break, and made our reservations a year ahead of time. I think it's hard to get in that time of year. We had the loop without sewer. I am not sure how hard it is to get in the rest of the year.

For our summer trip we "camp" in Seaside. We rent a cottage, and that's what we will do this summer.

TCD

You can bring your own kayaks, but you can also rent them. You can't leave them on the beach at night, but some people put them in the truck bed of the tram to get them back and forth.

Here are some more pics.....

Here's the playground. Notice Zachary enjoying it.

2df3eac7.jpg

Here's the community building where they do a kids club in the summer and have a ranger breakfast on Saturdays.

348fd08b.jpg

Here are some sites on a small lake.

2b1d3e93.jpg

And here is Z-man playing Angry Birds during lunch at Baytowne Wharf. Don't bother him; he's busy.

cb9d2236.jpg

Wow! Water is still super high, and the storm brought the seaweed.

This is where bikes park.

e51ae857.jpg

The boardwalk over the dunes

edc42e2c.jpg

Heres the water report. Red flag, rip tide warning, and really rough. I'm not letting Z play near the edge of the water. See how high the water is? There's also much more seaweed. It's like a different beach. If you're a skim boarder, today is your day.

5260cbc2.jpg

529904a5.jpg