• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water report! After 3 days of rain and no beach, I'm happy to be back in the sand. That said, it's a double red flag day. That means you're not supposed to get in the water, but that doesn't stop some people. They're even flying a plane down the beach with a sign. The good news is that the water is much lower, so there is plenty of beach to play on. Zachary is fine with just building castles and flying kites.

Here's what the water looks like.

a877ea9f.jpg

You can tell he's excited to be out here anyway.

75b0a331.jpg

During all the rain, we created a new sport... Skateboarding with a kid and a solo cup.

9aea9fe9.jpg

So now that I'm home a little update...

1) Sorry for never taking bathroom pics. I know tent (there are tent sites) and popup folks want those. I kept meaning to get over there this trip but never did. In my past experiences, they are really clean. And there is one on each loop, I think.

2) We plan on going back the first 2 weeks of June FOREVER, so let me know if you book during that time.

3) Golf carts... we had never seen them, and our friends hadn't either, but we did this trip. They're allowed everywhere except the path to the beach. To me, that means there's no point in renting one since the campground isn't huge. I love looping at the Fort, but this wouldn't be like that. But, I talked to a guy who had a handicap daughter, and it really helped them going to the pool and driving around. They also had a motorized beach wheelchair that she could ride in place of the tram and would travel on the sand too.

• 3 years later...

Thanks Carol.  How was the weather?  Were you warm enough??   I'm really praying that the sun is out and temps climb up a bit for us this weekend....

Saturday evening was the warmest. The rain quit about the time we arrived and the evening was pleasant. Our heater in the camper kept us toasty inside. If we had taken the time to do so, we have a heater that sits on top of a 20 lb propane tank that we could have used outside on Sunday night. It probably dropped to low 40s Monday morning and it was a bit nippy, but I was getting warm as we broke down and was able to be in shirtsleeves until we got almost home. We did winterize just before leaving which really means only my sink so no issues there. Sunday was mostly cloudy all day, but pleasant. We didn't visit the beaches. We had other things we were doing. The campground was really just a place for us to sleep, and the only place I could book online late Friday night for Sat and Sun.

Saturday evening was the warmest. The rain quit about the time we arrived and the evening was pleasant. Our heater in the camper kept us toasty inside. If we had taken the time to do so, we have a heater that sits on top of a 20 lb propane tank that we could have used outside on Sunday night. It probably dropped to low 40s Monday morning and it was a bit nippy, but I was getting warm as we broke down and was able to be in shirtsleeves until we got almost home. We did winterize just before leaving which really means only my sink so no issues there. Sunday was mostly cloudy all day, but pleasant. We didn't visit the beaches. We had other things we were doing. The campground was really just a place for us to sleep, and the only place I could book online late Friday night for Sat and Sun.

Thanks.  We're not planning to visit the beaches (except to take a peak so we know what's there)... but if we were blessed with some decent weather, the kids might spend an hour or so digging in the sand (away from the water...  too cold!!).   

It does look like a nice campground.

• 2 weeks later...