Fortless- A TCD Trip Report with a twist.

Warning. Warning. Danger. Where is a a banner plane to deter you from entering the maddening world of the Magic Kingdom...ie the biggest mistake of your life?

Stolport buildings? Fort DVC? NOooooooooooooooooooooo!

Love the Flag/Golfball photo. I believe Mo put a flag/golfball after dark photo on a pic thread not long ago. I love those type of pics.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Andrew, I think. Seriously, I appreciate it. Unfortunately you've never been a guest that I've interacted with while being a CM. I take being a WDW CM very seriously. Guests expect a lot form u

Oh no! Christ is coming?? He must not have got the warning about Gay Days from the last banner! He best be careful or he might get some "gay" on him. What a bunch of dipsh*ts. But your report is gre

When is Christ returning? "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matt. 24:36 How to "Be prepared?" First acknowledge that you

You'll be glad to know I did not look up. This is a proud moment. :rofl3:

Good for you!

But, I'll bet if I was there and had pointed to the ceiling and said that you would have looked.

Warning. Warning. Danger. Where is a a banner plane to deter you from entering the maddening world of the Magic Kingdom...ie the biggest mistake of your life?

Stolport buildings? Fort DVC? NOooooooooooooooooooooo!

Love the Flag/Golfball photo. I believe Mo put a flag/golfball after dark photo on a pic thread not long ago. I love those type of pics.

Well see, those banner planes got me confused.

I thought that Christ had come and chased all those gay people out of the MK.

That's what he would do, right?

TCD

Oh, my gosh. I just looked up haam in the urban dictionary. I'll never be using that word.

Andrew, I was looking forward to seeing your real drawing, but all I see is a red X.

And I certainly don't want to turn this thread into a religious debate either, but I remember how badly Marty was treated at that other place. So I want to applaud her for voicing her (and my) beliefs. And I believe that each of you, whether you agree with her or not, will uphold her right to voice those beliefs here and will continue to treat her with the respect she deserves.

Okay, off my soapbox. Looking forward to more of your TR.

Good for you!

But, I'll bet if I was there and had pointed to the ceiling and said that you would have looked.

Well see, those banner planes got me confused.

I thought that Christ had come and chased all those gay people out of the MK.

That's what he would do, right?

TCD

:rofl2: Apparently that's what the banner people think. I wonder what makes them believe they have been chosen to judge? I have heard numerous times that it takes all kinds to make the world go round; but I think there are a few extras that got thrown in by accident sometimes. :clint:

I asked them if they had ever heard of Fernando Rodney?

They said they hadn't.

I said I was going to shoot my arrow like he does.

anolefan and MetalDad know what I'm talking about.

So here goes:

IMG_1411.jpg

This is my second favorite photo from this trip:

IMG_1412.jpg

In case you don't know who Fenando Rodney is, he is a relief pitcher for the Tampa Bay Rays baseball team. So far this year, he is 17-1 on saves. When he finishes a game, he celebrates by shooting an imaginary arrow up in the sky. Kind of like I'm doing in that last photo above. Only my arrow isn't imaginary.

TCD

Good stuff, I think I'm partial to the second photo

Oh, my gosh. I just looked up haam in the urban dictionary. I'll never be using that word.

Andrew, I was looking forward to seeing your real drawing, but all I see is a red X.

And I certainly don't want to turn this thread into a religious debate either, but I remember how badly Marty was treated at that other place. So I want to applaud her for voicing her (and my) beliefs. And I believe that each of you, whether you agree with her or not, will uphold her right to voice those beliefs here and will continue to treat her with the respect she deserves.

Okay, off my soapbox. Looking forward to more of your TR.

Gwen- I want to applaud Marty too. And in case I haven't been clear, I had no problem with her post. I believe everything that she said. And I especially believe everything in the Good Book she was quoting from. But I also believe that we are told to do everything with love. And we are also told not to judge. But mostly, we are supposed to love. Picking out one group of people and targeting them seems judgmental and not very loving to me. We are all sinners in need of a savior. All of us. And I am anti finger pointing.

So, I have no problem with Marty. I appreciate the post.

Or you.

Except I told you don't look up HAAM in the Urban Dictionary.

On a lighter note, I went back to look at my Donald drawing, and I don't see a red X.

Can you see it now? :

IMG_1387.jpg

I wish you hadn't made me post that twice.

TCD

:rofl2: Apparently that's what the banner people think. I wonder what makes them believe they have been chosen to judge? I have heard numerous times that it takes all kinds to make the world go round; but I think there are a few extras that got thrown in by accident sometimes. :clint:

Good one.

That point you make about peope believing the have been chosen to judge is a big problem lately.

Good stuff, I think I'm partial to the second photo .

And, Rodney would be 18-0 if he wasn't jinxed by the announcers in Boston.

I'm very happy with how the Rays are scraping by with so many injuries. We took our baseball team to a game a few weeks back and had a blast.

Not to hijack but I have to share A couple of photos.

Now back to your regularly scheduled report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, Tom.

But those are about the smallest photos I've ever seen.

My girls keep asking to go to a Rays game.

I've got to make that happen.

If the Rays ever get healthy- watch out.

The AL East is really something this year.

TCD

Aww

So, I have no problem with Marty. I appreciate the post.

Except I told you don't look up HAAM in the Urban Dictionary.

Can you see it now? :

IMG_1387.jpg

I wish you hadn't made me post that twice.

TCD

Thanks.

Since when do I not do something because you told me not to? That's just tempting me.

Your drawing isn't so bad. He just looks a little Grumpy.

Those Disney folks are smart! That's a neat little play area, which the kids will love, and then force their parents to see the movie, buy the soundtrack, a tshirt with each character......

I'm glad my parents didn't name me Dingwall.

I wondered why the sand sculptures were blocked off a couple weeks ago, but when we walked through the rose path behind them, we could see the guys sculpting. Sneaky.

You shooting your arrow with the scared CM behind you is the best picture ever!

Thanks for the Mexico eating tip, though I try not to let my boys eat Mexican food while camping. smiley_fart.gif

Since when do I not do something because you told me not to? That's just tempting me.

Spoken like a true Fiend.

Your drawing isn't so bad. He just looks a little Grumpy.

Thanks. I was going for angry/grumpy. The worst part of the whole thing is cut off in the photo- he looks like he has big old lips like King Louie or something. Not good. But we all got a good laugh out of it.

Those Disney folks are smart! That's a neat little play area, which the kids will love, and then force their parents to see the movie, buy the soundtrack, a tshirt with each character......

I'm glad my parents didn't name me Dingwall.

I wondered why the sand sculptures were blocked off a couple weeks ago, but when we walked through the rose path behind them, we could see the guys sculpting. Sneaky.

You shooting your arrow with the scared CM behind you is the best picture ever!

Thanks for the Mexico eating tip, though I try not to let my boys eat Mexican food while camping. smiley_fart.gif

LOL!

I like that photo with the Castmember. I should have mentioned what a great sport that young lady was.

But, like I said, it's my second favorite photo from this trip.

There is one I like better.

I haven't posted it yet.

TCD

Awesome, Tom.

But those are about the smallest photos I've ever seen.

My girls keep asking to go to a Rays game.

I've got to make that happen.

If the Rays ever get healthy- watch out.

The AL East is really something this year.

TCD

Hehe I'm still figuring out this new toy that is iPad. I think I fixed it now.

Good for you!

TCD

Ok, you got me there. In my defense, I'm not really an especially gullible person, I just must have on my "Fiend goggles" when it comes to TCD. I believe everything you say. I'll learn one of these days. :))

I agree on your assessment of the restaurant in Mexico. We must go there every trip for the nachos...and a cold Dos Equis.

And you must go to a Rays game! A few years ago we took some time out of our WDW visit to take in a Rays/Red Sox game. We had a great time. I think we paid somewhere around $10 a ticket. You can't even get a beer for that at Fenway Park.

I agree on your assessment of the restaurant in Mexico. We must go there every trip for the nachos...and a cold Dos Equis.

And you must go to a Rays game! A few years ago we took some time out of our WDW visit to take in a Rays/Red Sox game. We had a great time. I think we paid somewhere around $10 a ticket. You can't even get a beer for that at Fenway Park.

I have a couple of things to add (hopefully I won't forget them all):

1. Unfortunately, Rays tickets are more expensive now since they went to the world series a couple years back.

2. I will have to try the new restaurant in Mexico next time I am there. Sounds like it has some good food. :D

3. TCD, you're picture of Donald was much better than anything I could ever draw. I really want to try that place out at Hollywood Studios...I hadn't heard of it before and it sounds like fun.

4. I looked up HAAM in the urban dictionary, too. OMG, where do they come up with this stuff?

All caught up...post away! ;)

Hooray!

Lil' Lisa is in da house!

Thanks for reading along.

I will see what I can do to post away!

We went to the MK on red shirt day last year. It was great. People with red shirts always seem happier.

How can I offend somebody enough to get a "Warning...BuckeyeFortFan at WDW 2day" banner flown when I visit? That should keep the crowd levels down.

Well, the whole Buckeye fan part is probably offensive to enough folks to warrant a banner.

We just need $12K, and we can take care of that for you.

In case we come up a little short, I'll volunteer to make a banner and tie it to my bike and ride around the Fort to warn people there. I'll only charge $6K for that. And, it probably will be noticed by as many people as those planes.

Ok, you got me there. In my defense, I'm not really an especially gullible person, I just must have on my "Fiend goggles" when it comes to TCD. I believe everything you say. I'll learn one of these days. :))

Fiend goggles?

Those sound almost as dangerous as Beer goggles.

Hmm- a cold Dos Equis. I will have to give that a try next time.

Don't worry, we've been to plenty of Ray's games. Just not yet this season.

TCD...

1. your donald was not bad. you just drew a good angry donald.

2. love your arrow pictures.

3. Why must I always get busy right about the time you start a TR? Usually my days are somewhat free....

Sorry about my timing.

But, if I don't crank these things out when I can, we will have a back log.

Just read when you can.

Still reading so far so good.

I'm glad you like it so far.

There's still a lot more to come.

Heck, just finished with lunch.

I have a couple of things to add (hopefully I won't forget them all):

1. Unfortunately, Rays tickets are more expensive now since they went to the world series a couple years back.

2. I will have to try the new restaurant in Mexico next time I am there. Sounds like it has some good food. :D

3. TCD, you're picture of Donald was much better than anything I could ever draw. I really want to try that place out at Hollywood Studios...I hadn't heard of it before and it sounds like fun.

4. I looked up HAAM in the urban dictionary, too. OMG, where do they come up with this stuff?

Our first visit to the animation academy was just a few months ago. It was something that we always skipped, because none of us can really draw either. We finally decided to give it a try and ended up really enjoying it. They take you through the process step by step, and even someone like me, with no artistic ability, will at least end up with something that resembles a Disney character.

I told you not to look up HAAM. Can't you people follow simple directions?

I am still not looking it up, but I am sure curiosity will get the better of me at some point.

'at a boy!

Curiosity got the better of me... resist. Resists.

You too?

I told you not to.

OK, here's a true story about how I embarassed my daughters with that word.

We have some old friends that we get together with every now and then. We have known them for years. They have two kids around the age of our oldest daughter. The kids have all been friends for years. So, we went out for pizza one night. While we were all sitting at a big table waiting for our food, I tell the kids how I'm going to go "ham" on the pizza when it gets here. As I mentioned earlier, I thought the word was "ham," and that it was just an expression meaning that I was going to eat that pizza with gusto. All of the teenagers at the table kind of gave each other a look when I said it. Later, my daughters told me not to say that anymore, and what it meant. They said I was worse than Phil Dunphy.

Do you know Phil? He's the "cool" dad on the TV show Modern Family. In a recent episode, he was explaining how cool he was because he would use abbreviations when he texted his kids. He said LOL meant "lots of love," and WTF? meant "why the face?" So my kids are right, I'm Phil.

How embarassing for them.

TCD

That's right, I'm not reading this TR.

BTW, still waiting for that text at DHS. That's ok, I couldn't get away anyway.

Hold on a minute there!

I did send you a text.

Right when we were waiting for the boat to dock as we were leaving DHS.

I knew you were working, and figured you didn't have time to break away.

I like the photo before the one with the CM in it, priceless.

Yes, I like that photo too.

But, there's still one that I like better.

I think I will get around to posting it today.

It is "Transportation and Ticket Center".

Are you sure? :

TTC.jpg

TCD

I did send you a text.

Right when we were waiting for the boat to dock as we were leaving DHS.

I knew you were working, and figured you didn't have time to break away.

I wonder if the texting option hasn't been turned back on yet? I'll have to try sending one.

Are you sure? :

Absolutely, internally, it's never referred to as the Ticket and Transportation Center.