Fortless- A TCD Trip Report with a twist.

Yep, just to clear this up, I just checked again. July 21-July 22 at AOA= $444.00

That's $395.00 + tax. Nemo, Cars or Lion king, all the same price.

Mystery solved, the amount includes the taxes and is at peak time and is a weekend day.

Which leads to my point: I think they are crazy for making almost all of the rooms at AoA suites, and for charging what they are charging. Good luck with that.

Are you saying that it's going to fail?

I'm willing to bet a whole dollar that it won't

I would choose any of the rooms listed above before I would shell out $388 for one of those AoA suites.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you want/need a suite or a room.

If you have to have a suite, the numbers don't lie.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Andrew, I think. Seriously, I appreciate it. Unfortunately you've never been a guest that I've interacted with while being a CM. I take being a WDW CM very seriously. Guests expect a lot form u

Oh no! Christ is coming?? He must not have got the warning about Gay Days from the last banner! He best be careful or he might get some "gay" on him. What a bunch of dipsh*ts. But your report is gre

When is Christ returning? "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matt. 24:36 How to "Be prepared?" First acknowledge that you

Are you saying that it's going to fail?

I'm willing to bet a whole dollar that it won't

If you have to have a suite, the numbers don't lie.

No, Disney won't let that happen. It won't fail.

But, what I am saying is that they are not going to get away with charging $388 a night or whatever it is for those suites.

One thing that Disney is good at is filling its rooms. There will be discounts and price drops. I think the most they will be able to get away with is somewhere around the $200 a night mark.

TCD

Oh, we got the "cool" RV parking spot at around 7:30 in the morning each time cause we had Hollywood & Vine breakfast reservations at 8am.

And I just thought of something, we have an accessible tag on the truck and go down a different line and go past where they are directing regular traffic. That may be the difference.

So maybe that is "accessible RV parking"

Oh, we got the "cool" RV parking spot at around 7:30 in the morning each time cause we had Hollywood & Vine breakfast reservations at 8am.

And I just thought of something, we have an accessible tag on the truck and go down a different line and go past where they are directing regular traffic. That may be the difference.

So maybe that is "accessible RV parking"

That has to be it.

Makes sense.

I have never seen more than a few RV's in those spots.

TCD

The 1- Bedroom's at AKL have an extra 1/2 bath off the living room. So the 1 Bedroom has 1 1/2 bath and the 2 bedroom have 2 1/2 bath.

I think that the extra half bath must be something that they just started in the newer DVC properties (AKL and BLT).

I am pretty sure that the one bedroom suites in the earlier DVC resorts have just one bathroom.

TCD

Love the pics of AoA! The wall in the check in area is a little too bright for me. I think I would get dizzy if I had to look at it for any length of time. Bruce and I really have to get out and do a bit of resort hopping this fall! That is one thing that we haven't done.

Love the pics of AoA! The wall in the check in area is a little too bright for me. I think I would get dizzy if I had to look at it for any length of time. Bruce and I really have to get out and do a bit of resort hopping this fall! That is one thing that we haven't done.

That is a good point. That wall is too bright, and it does create a feeling of dizziness. It's cool to look at at first, but I'm not sure if it's a great thing to have in an area where folks might be staring at it for a while.

You definitely should do some resort hopping. It is super easy to do with the great bus transportation system at WDW.

TCD

At that time, some buses should still be parked there. It will depend on what end they start assigning the buses.

They need space for about 40 buses every morning.

They should be gone by about 8:30/9:00.

TCD,

Another awesome report!

Almost felt like I was right there with you and the girls!

Ugh on the eel...........no way could I eat that!

We have ridden the monorail loop literally hundreds of times over the years.......none of us have EVER seen that Mickey on the roof! That was neat! We will be on the look out for it next trip!

Like others have said, you guys sure pack a lot into a day!

Love the pictures of the new resort. Sure looks like fun!

Heidi

That is a good point. That wall is too bright, and it does create a feeling of dizziness. It's cool to look at at first, but I'm not sure if it's a great thing to have in an area where folks might be staring at it for a while.

TCD

Is it just bright or is it lit up as well? I couldnt tell from the photos. My youngest gets migraines. One of his triggers is blinking/bright lights. When I saw your photos, the area looked like a migraine waiting to happen to me!

Is it just bright or is it lit up as well? I couldnt tell from the photos. My youngest gets migraines. One of his triggers is blinking/bright lights. When I saw your photos, the area looked like a migraine waiting to happen to me!

That whole wall lights up.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it, as we were the only people in the lobby, and there were at least a dozen castmembers standing there with nothing to do but look at us. One of the castmembers stepped forward and gave us a guided tour, so we kind of moved through the lobby with him.

It seems like the use of lighting is one of the decorative themes in this resort. When we stayed at Pop Century in May, we could see the front area of the resort lit up as we took the bus back to Pop. It seemed very colorful and bright. The lighting effect in the lobby is probably more visible at night as well. In the food court area, I recall that the ceilings were illuminated, and there were very prominent light fixtures designating each section of the big room. This is a very attractive resort. Much more so than any of the other value resorts, and even the moderates.

TCD

Hey- I just realized that there was something that I brought up in this trip report that I thought someone would question.

I am talking about this:

So, this is my favorite photo from the trip:

IMG_1473.jpg

Me and Six Bits.

Of all the castmembers I have met over the years, he is my second favorite.

TCD

You see how I said that Ben is my second favorite WDW castmember?

Don't you want to know who my favorite WDW castmember is?

Go ahead and guess.

TCD

I was still not believing this number, so I checked myself.

The rate I got was $388 with tax. I could not find any discounts for that date at AoA.

-FW Cabin- $270

-Saratoga Springs Studio- $278

-Two rooms at the Pop- $286

-Savanna View Room at AKL- $374

-Standard View Room at AKL-$232

-Garden Wing at Contemporary-$338

-Deluxe Garden Wing at Contemporary- $378

-Tower room at Contemporary with Bay Lake view-$405

Good work, TCD! You want to price out my next trip for me? ;D So, these are all rooms except the cabin. Is a Studio still just one big room (basically)? I ask because when we came on our first trip, DD was 2 and we really needed 2 separate rooms - like put her down for a nap and go in the other room and watch TV kind of thing. At the time, I priced out the family suites at All Stars and they were similar in price to the cabin. I know AoA is new and fancy - but wonder why it is SO jacked up? I'm with you, they'll discount it and eventually bring it down once the new wears off. It is what it is. My heart is always with the cabins though. :heart:

That's part of what I enjoy about your TR's. Not only the story, but the conversations that ensue.

And your favorite CM is definitely... the one that told you about the Dole Whip machine.