Are We Just Airstreamers or Are We Just Fulltimers In An Airstream?

Please Read the Post Before Voting  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Airstream or Non-Airstream

• Airstream
    • Another Brand

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure you're well aware of it and would if you could, but a MH is the only way to go for full timing RVing if you're bouncing from place to place a lot and have kids. As it's something we're planni

Be glad the hubby is concerned about the tow numbers to many people ignore that, my thought is I would rather have more truck then needed. Never heard anything bad about Keystone RV, if you are at Get

When it's the right one, it just is. :)

I agree!

how did I know you would say that?

Shawn is really obsession about the towing numbers. I'd forgotten how he can get about them. He is trying to figure out, factoring in our truck cargo, what we can safely tow. mumbling something about 20% safety margins, factoring in the truck cargo at maxed.... I am glad I'm not in his head right now.

There are quite a few others that make that same floorplan - we saw a bunch when we were looking 2 years ago.

Hopefully there will be one that falls inside your towing specs.

You'll find it - don't worry. :)

I know but it was soooooo nice! Actually this is why I wanted the week to make a decision. I knew dh would run the tow numbers and Research a lot of other things too. We have been down this road before and grasshopper has learned to not get her hopes up too high.

When we decided we were trading up to a bigger camper from the hybrid, that tow number was a huge deal.

We went to several RV shows and a bunch of dealers (plus looking online) and it got to be that the very first thing we looked, before floorplans or anything, was the weight.

After the first few shows/dealers, we'd look for the sticker first thing and if it was over weight we just kept walking and didn't bother to look.

It can be frustrating, but the one that meets your weight and space requirements is out there!

The tow thing is important!!! I'm convinced that's why my parents didn't keep a camper long, he was too close to his safety margins and the towing was not easy. (Also, cause they refused to buy duplicate stuff for the camper, and hauled everything from the house each trip, blech!!)

he was too close to his safety margins and the towing was not easy.

Too true! Our first trip to the Fort was in a 30' pretty darned heavy TT that was never supposed to go on the road (long story - but we'd originally bought it to plunk on a piece of land in ME). We towed it with a Navigator which had the power, but we were stupid. We were too close to our weight limit (I had a complete stoneware dinner set for 8 in that thing for pete's sake!!) and we didn't have the right setup for towing (no sway control or anything).

Yeah... we had no idea what we were doing.

Towing that thing was soooooo stressful that despite having a terrific time when we got there, I was not looking to do that again anytime soon and I think my hands left permanent embed marks in that steering wheel.

Took a couple of years, a nice, light hybrid, and some learning about towing setups and the next trip was a breeze!

(Also, cause they refused to buy duplicate stuff for the camper, and hauled everything from the house each trip, blech!!)

Oh gadzooks... that would make me not want to camp too!

At this point I have *3* of all the essentials - one for home, one for the TT and one for our camp in ME. When I "go away" I want to only have to pack some food and clothes.

I've told Brian that anytime he's ready to take off for WDW, he just needs to give me an hour. ;)

I've told Brian that anytime he's ready to take off for WDW, he just needs to give me an hour. ;)

Unfortunately, it takes me about 2 hours, cause we have a bunch of crap that has to go in the truck and can't be left in there. (Awnings, chairs, rugs, tables). I have oodles of spare tow weight in the truck, but I have almost no CCC (cargo carrying capacity) in the trailer, so all the extras have to go in the truck!

Be glad the hubby is concerned about the tow numbers to many people ignore that, my thought is I would rather have more truck then needed. Never heard anything bad about Keystone RV, if you are at Gettysburg Beckleys in Md is not far away their sales dep't is average (PUSHY) and according to rdancemom Pam their service is not the best.

Where in western Pa are you headed? Good luck in your search do not rush it and here is a site that might help with dealers http://rvservicereviews.com/

Be glad the hubby is concerned about the tow numbers to many people ignore that, my thought is I would rather have more truck then needed. Never heard anything bad about Keystone RV, if you are at Gettysburg Beckleys in Md is not far away their sales dep't is average (PUSHY) and according to rdancemom Pam their service is not the best.

Where in western Pa are you headed? Good luck in your search do not rush it and here is a site that might help with dealers http://rvservicereviews.com/

I am glad about the tow numbers but he gets obsessive with running them. Which is ok as long as u don't have to go through them wih him.

We are supposed to attend an airstream rally north of Pittsburg.

Beckley's was great when we bought our TT. It's the service dept I'm less than thrilled with following the rodent terrorist. Still, they're no worse than others IMO.

Sean - he's known as the bald sean b/c there are two Seans - is really easy to work with and not at all pushy. We've dealt with him for the past 3 yrs or so and didn't buy from them until just last yr. Their parts staff is extra nice too. It's not unusual for them to give us an extra discount or throw in a free tshirt or hat.

IMO it's definitely worth a drive-by, even if only for the fact that it's right down the road from the pie buffet...

We went back and ran the numbers again. It was way too heavy for safety although technically towable. It took us some time to get the deposit back but because they were trying to find something else that would work. They have one that might but at this point I wanna look at as many as I can.

pie buffet...where...where