Are We Just Airstreamers or Are We Just Fulltimers In An Airstream?

Please Read the Post Before Voting  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Airstream or Non-Airstream

• Airstream
    • Another Brand

Becley's Camping Cnter & Mountain Gate Restraurant (also known as the pie buffet) are both located within sight of Rt 15 in Thurmont MD - entrance to coctoctin mountains and where camp david & the zoo is. Just down the road from Mount St Mary's University, The Elizabeth Ann Seton Shrine, and Grotto of Lourdes in Emmittsburg.

We're driving up this week, planning to bring the TH but haven't made ressies yet... either way, maybe we can all meet for lunch & pie or something.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure you're well aware of it and would if you could, but a MH is the only way to go for full timing RVing if you're bouncing from place to place a lot and have kids. As it's something we're planni

Be glad the hubby is concerned about the tow numbers to many people ignore that, my thought is I would rather have more truck then needed. Never heard anything bad about Keystone RV, if you are at Get

We have a new candidate... potentially. I say potentially because we haven't actually seen this model. We have only found 4 of them in the PA, NJ, NY area. Although one is rumored to be arriving at the place we put the deposit down and took it back on the bigger trailer. here is a link to it

http://www.jrvcountry.com/rv/webster+ny/jayco+traveltrailer/2028/jayco+white+hawk+29+sqb

Jayco makes a very nice trailer plus I think they offer a 2 year warranty

I had heard that from one of the dealers. We actually have two places to visit. The one in Joisey which has last years model and the one we went to last weekend which will have this years model. If we like it then it will be a money game from that point.... please, please let us like it.

Good luck! Love the big "U" dinette.

Make sure you give that couch a good sitting on. I say that because the one thing I truly hated about our hybrid was our puny, completely uncomfortable couch. Drove me bonkers because you couldn't sit on it comfortably facing forward and it was too small to sit lengthwise on. When we were at the Fort for 3 weeks I ended up flipping it out into the bed position just so we could actually have something to stretch out on without having to get in bed.

I think the first thing I did when we saw this TT was sit on the couch - ahhhh! It's not super long, but it's wide enough that you can sit on it comfortably without it cutting into the back of your legs, and you actually can sit comfortably the long way to watch tv.

Good luck! Love the big "U" dinette.

Make sure you give that couch a good sitting on. I say that because the one thing I truly hated about our hybrid was our puny, completely uncomfortable couch. Drove me bonkers because you couldn't sit on it comfortably facing forward and it was too small to sit lengthwise on. When we were at the Fort for 3 weeks I ended up flipping it out into the bed position just so we could actually have something to stretch out on without having to get in bed.

I think the first thing I did when we saw this TT was sit on the couch - ahhhh! It's not super long, but it's wide enough that you can sit on it comfortably without it cutting into the back of your legs, and you actually can sit comfortably the long way to watch tv.

It's one of the jack knife bed couches. I will remember to sit on if for a few minutes. Thanks for the advice.

Is the NJ dealer White Horse Leisure if so they are pretty good to deal with and very good folks. When we find a unit we think we like I even stand in the shower and sit on the toilet to make sure there is enough room to ust those features, they say you should try to spend a few hours as if you are camping in it to see how well it works for you. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Is the NJ dealer White Horse Leisure if so they are pretty good to deal with and very good folks. When we find a unit we think we like I even stand in the shower and sit on the toilet to make sure there is enough room to ust those features, they say you should try to spend a few hours as if you are camping in it to see how well it works for you. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

as a matter of fact it is. They have given us a value (could change once they see our trailer) for a trade in. We will spend some time in the trailer giving it a good once over.

A friend bought there and was very pleased good trade value great service and very good PDI, his wife could not get there during times they were open so they made arrangements for them with the key to the camper so they could look at it on a Sunday I think you will like them there.

I just thought of another Jayco dealer closer to you now in Gettysburg check out Gayle Kline in Mountville Pa also very good people there but they do like to be with you when you look but whenever I go there to look I just tell them to have the salesman catch up with me, they are about an hour from where you are off of Rt 30.

I just thought of another Jayco dealer closer to you now in Gettysburg check out Gayle Kline in Mountville Pa also very good people there but they do like to be with you when you look but whenever I go there to look I just tell them to have the salesman catch up with me, they are about an hour from where you are off of Rt 30.

Their online stock doesn't have the model we are looking for but I am going to have Dh give them a call just in case!

We missed getting the financing by 30 points on our credit score for things 5 years and older. She said we were on a fine line but she couldn't give it to us. She is going to have someone call us from a company that can clean up our credit report and possibly get us back 50 points. In the mean time we have contacted our back, a credit union, to see if they can give us the financing.

We did this in reverse. We started living in our sunny brook fifth wheel but 4 years ago. We had our teen age daughter with us. Two weeks ago, we traded that fifth wheel on a 2012 25 fb airstream. Being that we full time and you full time it is different than weekend camping. When we were cleaning out the other camper, all storage cabinet and outside storage were full. I bet we were way over weight. So, be careful with all the extra storage because it will add up.

Good luck and I hope it is the camper you want.

We did this in reverse. We started living in our sunny brook fifth wheel but 4 years ago. We had our teen age daughter with us. Two weeks ago, we traded that fifth wheel on a 2012 25 fb airstream. Being that we full time and you full time it is different than weekend camping. When we were cleaning out the other camper, all storage cabinet and outside storage were full. I bet we were way over weight. So, be careful with all the extra storage because it will add up.

Good luck and I hope it is the camper you want.

If our children were grown we might think about another Airstream or just keeping the one we have. Fulltiming is a whole different beast when it comes to RVing.

Banking, it gives me heartburn!! Hope things work out for you Nicki!!

30 points. they didn't even consider our spending, bank balance, anything. They didn't even ask for our down payment amount, or the balance in our bank. All of it was based on credit score. 10 of those points we lost because we PAY off our credit cards every month.

I do too, Nicki!

thanks...

Sorry to here that. I am always late.

We still have a sliver of hope that our bank will come through. Although it's just literally a sliver, I don't want to give my hopes up.... at all.

and it's good to see you back Scooterminnie.