"Prelude to the Dream Trip" Report

No, no, no, Aaron, take it back.

Never.....crap I gave you another one.

Thanks for the TR Dream Machine...

The kids are adorable, even with ND stuff on.... :rofl2: And I have to say, he pink camo pants ROCK!!!!!

And glad to know you are a fellow Brave fan. There is hope for you yet. Very slight hope out of all your teams, but hope none the less. :heart: :rofl3: :heart:

:clint:

Thanks G. DD rocks the pink camo. Braves have been playing well lately and would make the playoffs if the season ended today. They are only 4.5 games behind the Nats for first though with tons of ball left to play!

Ok, you've saved me a wasted, expensive meal...thank you! I've given consideration to trying T Rex, but one of my daughters has Central Auditory Processing Disorder....and cannot stand being in places with LOUD background noises. She would be miserable there. And accordingly so would I. Not to mention I hate spending a lot of money on sub par food.

I am glad I could be of service. Definitely do not take your daughter there! It would be a nightmare for her.

Geez, it's hard to keep up with this report!

Let's see-

Your son's superhero pose cracks me up. He sure was using it in almost every photo.

We have dined at the T-Rex cafe exactly once as well. We went not very long after it opened. I don't remember it being noisy. I do remember that we had to wait a long time and that the prices were high. I would go back there again if I could walk in without a wait. But, we haven't been back. There are too many other places I would rather go.

TCD

I believe there were loud "eruptions" and thunder taking place in the room we were in. Maybe if they had more time between them so you could talk a bit it would have been tolerable. Maybe we had someone with their finger on the idiot button at the controls that day?

There is a ton of places we haven't tried yet so no need to ever go back.

Gotta love that Jedi Training Academy, one of little H's favs.

Glad ya'll are having such a great trip. :)

Thanks H. DS loved it and now DD wants to try it next time! It was an awesome trip and we're looking forward to our next trip in February!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, no, no, Aaron, take it back.

Gutta meet the dancing machine. Putting aside a little WDW bus with his name on it.

I like how you jumped in with both feet into an unknown board as if you've been here all along. It says a lot about you and FF.Net. Glad you're here. Beat you, maybe not, annoy you, I can do that. Tha

On our final day, we got up and had breakfast before heading to the MK. We rode Dumbo first and the headed for the speedway.

DS and I rode in one car and DD and DW in another. When DS and I got to the final turn and home stretch....the car engine started to peter out and we barely, slowly made it back to the starting grid. One of the CMs saw how slow our car was moving and when we exited he put us right back into another car for a second ride! DS thought he was in hog heaven! We rode around again while DD and DW waited for us. We had a much faster car this time and were "passing" the cars on the other lanes. When we got to the end the same CM gave my son his Speedway driver's license! DS thought it was awesome and then asked the CM if he could have a second one for his sister who was waiting at the exit. The CM gave him another one. I thought it was awesome that the CM went to those lengths and also that DS thought about his sister.

5cf54315.jpg

After the speedway we rode the tea cups:

c1112550.jpg

Then we headed to Small World which DD loves:

683b6116.jpg

bc74d60a.jpg

After SW, we headed for Pirates and then the dole whip stand:

We got the orange/vanilla swirls...

d4bda7e5.jpg

On the way out of the park, DS wanted to get a picture:

9b4437c9.jpg

We went back to BLT for lunch/naps.....but would return to MK later.

Another update later today......after I get back from an appointment.

1. When DS and I got to the final turn and home stretch....the car engine started to peter out and we barely, slowly made it back to the starting grid.

2. We had a much faster car this time and were "passing" the cars on the other lanes.

Wow this was like a real life Nascar update!!

1. Jr (probably out of gas)

2. Jimmie

:P

Honestly I hate those darn cars! Jars my brain, but it is fun to watch everyone else bounce off that center rail! :hah:

AGU!

(Another Great Update)!

That is awesome that your son asked for another driver's license for his sister.

Somebody is doing a good job raising that kid.

Must be the lady who knits the pants.

TCD

My wife is a great mom so you could be on to something there.

Loved this update, Aaron!! Good for the CM sprinkling some pixie dust, and kudo's to your handsome boy for thinking of his little sister!!

Thanks. The CM was cool for doing all that and my son is a great big brother!

Cool!! Sometimes big brothers are nice!!!!

Yeah, I think we are gonna keep him when the lease is up!

Wow this was like a real life Nascar update!!

1. Jr (probably out of gas)

2. Jimmie

:P

Honestly I hate those darn cars! Jars my brain, but it is fun to watch everyone else bounce off that center rail! :hah:

My son loves those cars but then he wants me to buy him a go-kart so he can start racing too.

You know I think Jimmie has been running better lately bc he shares a shop with Junior... :wetpants:

So we went back to BLT but today was "quick nap" day.....because we had to start driving back to Michigan in the morning.

My wife and I discussed what to do for dinner tonight and I said we should go get a GAG at the Fort. She said she would rather do a sit-down meal so I told her I know a great place where we can sit down and eat; where they have a killer buffet.

89afea00.jpg

d9c498a3.jpg

That's right. Trails End. And that my friends is how the game is played.

So we did in fact go to Trails End, after taking the boat from the CR. We let the kids play a bit on the playground before dinner:

f3914afa.jpg

cb09ab1b.jpg

We took the boat to MK after dinner. When we got there, the street party parade was about to start and DD was filled with glee!! I stayed to watch the parade with DD and DW went with DS to ride the Speedway a couple more times.

I love these pics of DD watching the street party parade:

26f882e5.jpg

ff5ecb77.jpg

2f487126.jpg

9d66d814.jpg

6ec1fe76.jpg

848c2f2e.jpg

321f19ad.jpg

She was waving at Chip & Dale I believe.

After the parade we rode the carousel, dumbo, and tea cups. Then we went to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz and watched the laugh floor again. TCD was still not that guy. What gives? Still no churros in my belly either. False Advertising. After the Laugh Floor, we headed down the sidewalk along Main Street while everyone was lining up for the Electrical Parade. We stopped in the bakery and got cinnamon rolls for the road. We headed back to BLT and ate our cinnamon rolls for a sugar high before hitting the hay in preparation for that long drive home.

Another great trip for the fam! Can't wait to do it again in February. Thanks for joining me on my first ever TR!!

I think I may post one more update with some of my favorite pics from the 2010 Fort trip........we'll call that update the "Prelude to the Prelude to the Dream Trip" Update!

Great trip report! You have a beautiful family and I am so happy that you shared them with us!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

You both are very welcome and thank you for following along. The final thoughts and Prelude to the Prelude updates should be posted before the end of the day today.

Those photos of your daughter watching the parade are precious.

Treasure them.

And treasure the time with both of your children.

I know that you have probably heard this a million times, but it is incredible how fast the time goes. It seems like only yesterday that the TCD twins were that age. They just turned 17 and finished their junior year in High School. Next year at this time, they are going to be getting ready to leave our soon to be empty nest as they head off for college.

Now, getting back to your report . . . Good job on taking the family to Trail's End.

And, it's weird how you went to Laugh Floor twice and That Guy was not TCD. When I go, TCD is That Guy way more than 50% of the time.

TCD

Those photos of your daughter watching the parade are precious.

Treasure them.

And treasure the time with both of your children.

I know that you have probably heard this a million times, but it is incredible how fast the time goes. It seems like only yesterday that the TCD twins were that age. They just turned 17 and finished their junior year in High School. Next year at this time, they are going to be getting ready to leave our soon to be empty nest as they head off for college.

Now, getting back to your report . . . Good job on taking the family to Trail's End.

And, it's weird how you went to Laugh Floor twice and That Guy was not TCD. When I go, TCD is That Guy way more than 50% of the time.

TCD

I will have to go back and read your TR from Feb 2011.....because you could have been in the same audience and not been that guy. That would be a travesty indeed.

Loved your report Aaron!

I agree, the pics of your DD watching the parade are priceless.

We always do a beginning of the year trip to the Fort in late January or early February. Hoping we can catch up with you & family.

To your previous comment:

Technically....Jimmie is doing worse this year than he did in 2006-2010 (Yeah, that's 5 years in a row) But he is doing better this year, than last year...Jr. has sucked since, shoot I can't remember back that far, but he is doing damn good this year, so it's possible that 5 time has rubbed on on Jr, a bit. :))

Loved your report Aaron!

I agree, the pics of your DD watching the parade are priceless.

We always do a beginning of the year trip to the Fort in late January or early February. Hoping we can catch up with you & family.

To your previous comment:

Technically....Jimmie is doing worse this year than he did in 2006-2010 (Yeah, that's 5 years in a row) But he is doing better this year, than last year...Jr. has sucked since, shoot I can't remember back that far, but he is doing damn good this year, so it's possible that 5 time has rubbed on on Jr, a bit. :))

Thanks!

Would be nice to see you guys...we will be at the Fort 2-2-13 thru 2-7-13 and BLT from 2-7-13 thru 2-15-13. Then we will be back for Fort only trip in Dec 2013.

I am sure being in the same shop as JJ, Knaus, and Letarte isn't hurting June....he hasn't been around talent like that since he was racing for his daddy.

Still going.......

62cd4d5c.jpg

980fcbca.jpg

5bc0b1ad.jpg

He had fun entertaining himself while his sister got her diaper changed!! He had quite a few people laughing too......its the unexpected entertainment that you get at WDW that makes it special sometimes!!

So that's finally it. I have enjoyed going back into the archives and sharing this TR. I hope to do it again after I get back from the next trip in February. Thanks for hanging out here the last few days!