"Prelude to the Dream Trip" Report

0a98ebb9.jpg

I :heart: this picture!!!! I have one similar (but 20 yrs ago)

memorialday2001nates21st017-Copy-1.jpg

You'd think they'd put chinstraps on those hats! :))

I also love photobomb guy. He does look like you're taking his picture. We should give him a name...like Cousin Eddie! ;)

Sh*tters full!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, no, no, Aaron, take it back.

Gutta meet the dancing machine. Putting aside a little WDW bus with his name on it.

I like how you jumped in with both feet into an unknown board as if you've been here all along. It says a lot about you and FF.Net. Glad you're here. Beat you, maybe not, annoy you, I can do that. Tha

I :heart: this picture!!!! I have one similar (but 20 yrs ago)

memorialday2001nates21st017-Copy-1.jpg

You'd think they'd put chinstraps on those hats! :))

I also love photobomb guy. He does look like you're taking his picture. We should give him a name...like Cousin Eddie! ;)

Sh*tters full!

I am assuming that is Tow-Nater! Damn, he grew up. Great pic Stef! I hope I am still taking trips to the Fort (like you) with my kids when they get older and "cool".

"Eddie? if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now."

Yipper--got them sitting with all the other "stuff" waiting to go to the MH. Thanks for askin'--I like the way you think!!! :doublebeer:

I'll be packing some in September for all the lushes you. :clint:

:suspense:

Want some Lime-A-Ritas to wash that down?

Yipper--got them sitting with all the other "stuff" waiting to go to the MH. Thanks for askin'--I like the way you think!!! :doublebeer:

I'll be packing some in September for all the lushes you. :clint:

:mademyday:

You two are cracking me up!

Okay, we are moving to DHS on the following morning. When we were last at DHS in February 2010, the kids love the Playhouse Disney show but it was closed for refurbishment. Apparently they were switching it over to Disney Junior Live and adding a pesky pirate named Jake and his scalawag friends to the show. The kids were bummed they weren't gonna get to see it but we would find new adventures on this trip!

When we got to the park, we entered and then waited behind the rope half way down the street to the giant hat. They still had a rope drop then, and as soon as the rope "dropped" the stampede was on......except we just walked. Most people were not running to TSM though. I soon learned they were running to the sign-up for the Jedi Training Academy.

We walked to TSM and rode once and then got fast passes.

15356585.jpg

After TSM, we went to the Animation building and met Lotso! The kids said he smelled like Strawberries! I wasn't too sure but I took their word for it.

63f4dead.jpg

cf7f4157.jpg

After meeting Lotso, the kids wanted to use the touch screen machines where you can color a disney character:

ae7b046e.jpg

Next we headed for the Buzz and Woody meet and greet building to try to check that off the list before using our TSM fast passes:

01153e26.jpg

5e338b4d.jpg

The kids were dying to see Muppetvison so we headed there next:

0a738d7c.jpg

Then we head to get a picture that DS wanted and I wanted even more:

7c050ed5.jpg

In the next update we decide to go see what the fuss was about with the stampede this morning.

I have never, ever seen Lotso. :( There is something appealing about a mean, pink bear who smells like strawberries. Guess I need to sharpen my stalking skills and find him.

I will sniff him out good, and let you know if he really smells like strawberries. (and hope I don't get arrested for harassing a bear)

We buy his toys, we watch his movies...he owes us.

He owes the Griswold's, right? F***ing-A right he owes us!

I love those kind of days!!

Another great update, Aaron. Keep it coming!!

Thanks Cherie!

Aaron great TR so far. I'm amazed you can remember what you did each day. Heck I can't remember what I did yesterday. Keep the pics a coming

Thanks. I am getting a bit of help with the remembering part; we tend to just stick to the stuff the kids like and they remember what we did. We repeat their favorites a lot too so it is much easier to remember.

Loving the report! Your childern are really cute! Love the photos!

Thanks Brenda!

I have never, ever seen Lotso. :( There is something appealing about a mean, pink bear who smells like strawberries. Guess I need to sharpen my stalking skills and find him.

I will sniff him out good, and let you know if he really smells like strawberries. (and hope I don't get arrested for harassing a bear)

We buy his toys, we watch his movies...he owes us.

He owes the Griswold's, right? F***ing-A right he owes us!

What is it with movies? The evil characters always seem to be the coolest. There could just be something wrong with me and that's why the bad guys seem so cool.

"Clark, I don't know if I outta go sailin down no hill with nothin between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic."

Gonna try to get an update or two in today.....

OK, I'm caught up.

Great job.

So, what dates were you there on this trip? I know you said February, but I don't think you told us when in February. We were at the Fort for a weekend in February 2011.

Good job on the DHS rope drop. They stopped doing that a few months back, so no more stampede.

TCD

Thanks. We were at BLT from 2-6-11 thru 2-15-11 The rope drop was insane and it was one of the lowest crowd times of the year. I can't imagine doing that during a crowded season.

Most of the stampeding was being done by adults running, even sprinting to the Jedi signup--you will see we walked to the signup later in the trip and everything turned out just fine--although I felt like hip checking a couple of the other people who were sprinting past us and dragging their poor kids.

We decided to head next to the area near Star Tours to try to figure out what all the stampeders were doing this morning. Either they were all from Calgary (canuck football reference) or they were really concerned their kids would not get to participate in the Jedi Training Academy. We found out a show was about to start so we stuck around and watched. I did not get many pics at this point, because my kid wasn't in it and I didn't know I would find peace and harmony at FF, and write a TR over a year later!

fef06306.jpg

60eda594.jpg

After watching the training academy, we found some CMs setting up a rope line near the entrance to Star Tours. We asked what it was about and the CM (who clearly had not been young enough to "complete the training" at WDW) rudely remarked that it was the line to meet Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers; as if I should have known. I did not recall these type of meet and greets happening outside of SWW before. It must have been something to help replace Star Tours while it was being refurbed. We blew off the jerk CM and were first in line. We waited about 2-3 minutes and DS got to meet them.

fca9bbc4.jpg

After the meet and greet, he had to check out the speederbike!

9ecab470.jpg

b2c81f60.jpg

My daughter was in no mood to meet characters or ride speederbikes.....she was beat....so we decided to go to the playhouse disney area and see if any characters were out and then we would head back to BLT for naptime.

There were a couple characters out.....a couple of the little einsteins and ........wait for it............the pride of sheet rock hills....

cf21c680.jpg

After DS met with Handy Manny we headed for the exits, but when we got to the hat stage, Disney Channel Rocks was starting so we stopped for a second thinking DD would like it since she loved dancing during the parade at MK so much.

She did have a good time with one of the performers and danced for a few minutes.....

5d21c37e.jpg

Back to BLT now. We hung out at BLT and the Contemporary for the remainder of this day but alas, no more pics until the next day's park.......Animal Kingdom.

BTW...in case any of you are wondering....my wife knits all the pairs of knit pants you see my daughter wearing but the hard work is completed when I buy all the camo, sports, and SW stuff for DS. :clint:

No seriously DW taught herself how to knit those pants by watching a ten minute Youtube video. I think that's pretty impressive but then that's my wife!

The purple pants could use a Snarky logo though. :purpleflam:

Was your son scared of Darth? It looks like he's awfully far away in that pic. Don't tell anyone, but he scares me a bit too.

Your daughter dancing with a CM is adorable! If I ever get to meet her, we are gonna get our groove on. smileydancing.gif

Your wife knits?! Holy smokes, I wish I had those kind of patience....and talent.