"Prelude to the Dream Trip" Report

One more update tonight....

We will be going to Epcot about mid-morning today but first to Chef Mickeys for breakfast very early. I don't recall when exactly the ADR was for but pretty sure it was like the butt crack of dawn. The kids aren't into much at Epcot yet so it only takes us about 1/2 day to hit what they want to see.

Chef Mickeys was a good time but I liked the Ohana breakfast we went to the previous year better.

25a99070.jpg

57962b73.jpg

bdc02910.jpg

b1be7731.jpg

f75015eb.jpg

After breakfast, we took the boat to the Fort! The kids wanted to play on a playground and I said there is a playground near Crocketts Tavern. The kids played at the playground for awhile and then we headed back to BLT.

Mid-morning we headed to Epcot.

We went on the Nemo and Friends ride and saw Turtle Talk first.

11f09ffb.jpg

Then we went to Imagination and saw Figment.......

b8f9f7e3.jpg

We were still full from the buffett that morning but we got popcorn and then headed for the Character Spot:

a783c7df.jpg

347e6e4c.jpg

820f73a9.jpg

Continued on next page with one of my favorite pics of DD ever!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, no, no, Aaron, take it back.

Gutta meet the dancing machine. Putting aside a little WDW bus with his name on it.

I like how you jumped in with both feet into an unknown board as if you've been here all along. It says a lot about you and FF.Net. Glad you're here. Beat you, maybe not, annoy you, I can do that. Tha

Character Spot at Epcot continued.....

One of my fav DD pics:

b5333f73.jpg

Donald:

9f04dce4.jpg

We were headed back at that point but apparently it was character everywhere day because we ran into more characters after exiting the park:

65416f8c.jpg

This guy gets around....we see him everywhere we go:

ab726841.jpg

We bummed around again in the evening that day and watched wishes again that night from the balcony.

Tomorrow (2-13-11) we would be back in DHS (the force is strong with DS) and hit downtown disney. Where do you think we ate dinner downtown? Hint: "never again"

ab726841.jpg

What a great looking family! I think this is the first one I've seen of ya'll together.

Are those pink camo pants your DD is wearing? Love them! Please don't tell me your wife made those too!

Aaron - I've been so busy at work lately that your report has eluded me until now...but I am caught up and have to tell you you are doing a great job! It's tough remembering details from a trip that long ago, but you could be making it up and we would know (or care). :rofl3: And while your lack of pood forn is disturbing, you've more than made up for it with all the awesome pics of your kids....those pics are like "cute bombs". You have a beautiful family! Keep it coming.

Wow, you are doing great!

I loved the TCD style transition!

As we are getting in to this report, I have a couple of questions:

1. What's with the Michigan/ND gear? I see you wearing a Mich. sweatshirt, but your son wearing a ND lid- what's up with that?

2. What is the significance of the jerseys in your signature? It looks like they are from professional athletes from the Detroit teams, but then I see Tom Brady and Joe Montana jerseys. They have college connections to Michigan and ND, so I think I see what you are doing there. I don't know who the number 3 jersey represents, and I don't know why Cal Ripken's jersey is there. I only remember Cal playing in Baltimore. Please explain.

Also, I have a suggestion-

I think your wife should knit you a pair of pants. That would be something to see.

TCD

This is just precious! You are a blessed man!

Let's see, DHS never again, hmmmm could you give another hint?

Thanks Doodle. I am very blessed. We actually ate dinner at DD not DHS.

I can see why you love that picture! It is adorable! I'm thinking Hollywood and Vine?

Yeah, I think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread and river country.....oh ok maybe just sliced bread now. We ate at DD and it was not at Ragland Road......even though I love everything Irish.....their's your extra hint doodle. Did I mention I hate dinosaur watching with my meal?

What a great looking family! I think this is the first one I've seen of ya'll together.

Are those pink camo pants your DD is wearing? Love them! Please don't tell me your wife made those too!

Thanks Stef. They are pink camo pants....and today she is wearing a pink camo Bass Pro Shops hat! I try to influence where I can!

If my wife could make camo, there would be no need to go to Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops so we don't encourage that.

Aaron - I've been so busy at work lately that your report has eluded me until now...but I am caught up and have to tell you you are doing a great job! It's tough remembering details from a trip that long ago, but you could be making it up and we would know (or care). :rofl3: And while your lack of pood forn is disturbing, you've more than made up for it with all the awesome pics of your kids....those pics are like "cute bombs". You have a beautiful family! Keep it coming.

Thanks Dave! Pood Forn will be at the top of my list next trip.

While I am not making the content up, my wife says I have mixed up some days so......

Next trip I will keep some notes in my phone so I make sure to keep everything in its proper order.

Wow, you are doing great!

I loved the TCD style transition!

As we are getting in to this report, I have a couple of questions:

1. What's with the Michigan/ND gear? I see you wearing a Mich. sweatshirt, but your son wearing a ND lid- what's up with that?

2. What is the significance of the jerseys in your signature? It looks like they are from professional athletes from the Detroit teams, but then I see Tom Brady and Joe Montana jerseys. They have college connections to Michigan and ND, so I think I see what you are doing there. I don't know who the number 3 jersey represents, and I don't know why Cal Ripken's jersey is there. I only remember Cal playing in Baltimore. Please explain.

Also, I have a suggestion-

I think your wife should knit you a pair of pants. That would be something to see.

TCD

Thanks. I thought you would like the transition....it was to pay homage to the TCD TRs that made me search for and find FF! Sorry Lou. You can beat me when I meet you sometime. Oh wait. You aren't reading this.

ND/Mich:

We are huge Notre Dame and Michigan fans in our household but DS and I like ND a bit more. DW, a Michigan alum, like Michigan a bit more.

If you look closely you will see me wearing a ND camo hat as well. I had my Notre Dame fleeces with me but they for whatever reason are not in any of these pics. Sadly. I shall make sure to remedy that next trip and it was only in the 40s this morning in Michigan so I was actually wearing a Notre Dame fleece on my trip to wait for it (sorry Stef) Home Depot. I will say I prefer Lowes but it is a much longer drive.

Favorite Players Jerseys: Barry Sanders (Lions), Steve Yzerman (Red Wings) who is now your beloved General Manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Kirk Gibson (Tigers--later for the Dodgers), Joe Montana (49ers), Tom Brady (Wolverines), Irish#3 Jersey has sort of a storied history (Montana, Lamonica, Mirer, Floyd, Powlus, Battle, Walker, etc), Ripken (favorite positional player growing up and name of my dog) Chipper Jones (favorite Brave positional player--I am fan of Tigers and Braves) If I would have had room I would have put Smoltz, Maddux, and Nolan Ryan on there too.

Knit pants for me: I don't think anyone would really want to see that, except maybe to take pictures and use as blackmail for free GAGs at some later date.

Awesome family and great job on the TR!

Your kids are adorable, and I can see your son loving 18!!!!! Look at those hands on his hips..... :heart: :rofl2: :heart:

Thanks Genia! I don't know how I missed this one in my first set of responses? It could have been some subconscious black out due to you talking about #18 again! :rofl2:

That was his thing (hand on hips) this trip. I think he thought he was more superhero like, when he did that.

ND/Mich:

We are huge Notre Dame and Michigan fans in our household but DS and I like ND a bit more. DW, a Michigan alum, like Michigan a bit more.

If you look closely you will see me wearing a ND camo hat as well. I had my Notre Dame fleeces with me but they for whatever reason are not in any of these pics. Sadly. I shall make sure to remedy that next trip and it was only in the 40s this morning in Michigan so I was actually wearing a Notre Dame fleece on my trip to wait for it (sorry Stef) Home Depot. I will say I prefer Lowes but it is a much longer drive.

Favorite Players Jerseys: Barry Sanders (Lions), Steve Yzerman (Red Wings) who is now your beloved General Manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Kirk Gibson (Tigers--later for the Dodgers), Joe Montana (49ers), Tom Brady (Wolverines), Irish#3 Jersey has sort of a storied history (Montana, Lamonica, Mirer, Floyd, Powlus, Battle, Walker, etc), Ripken (favorite positional player growing up and name of my dog) Chipper Jones (favorite Brave positional player--I am fan of Tigers and Braves) If I would have had room I would have put Smoltz, Maddux, and Nolan Ryan on there too.

Thanks for explaining that.

I get the Mich/ND thing now. Kind of like we have here in Floirda with Gators and Noles, and what they have in Alabama with Bama and Auburn.

I get the jersey thing now. I thought that they all had a Mich/ND connection and that I was missing something.

Feel free to resume the report whenever you're ready.

TCD

So we ate at BLT, as we did everyday except the Chef Mickey's meal and headed for DHS.

We were again there for rope drop....and many of the mass of humanity were off to the races again to sign up for Jedi Training Academy. Was this a new attraction at that point. Not sure, but DW and DD walked to TSM and got fast passes while DS and I walked to the Jedi Training signup. We got him signed up after waiting in line for about 5 minutes and he was to be in the 11:00 show.

We met up with DW and DD and walked around for a bit near TSM and met a young soldier:

df114a05.jpg

Check out DS's pose again.

We let the kids look in a few shops and then it was time to use the TSM fast passes my wife walked to get while we went for jedi signup. I really felt the urge to trip someone during the stampede this mornign but I kept my cool.

ab5d425d.jpg

After Toy Story Mania, we went to Tatooine Traders to let the kids check out all the Star Wars gear.....the kids had previously bought some SW hot wheels cars at one of the gift shops in the Contemporary and wanted to get a storm trooper car for one of their cousins. So we got the ST car and browsed around. Then it was time for DS's debut at the Jedi Training Academy!

DS was a bit apprehensive about trying it when we watched it the first time and when he met Vader, but once we got there today he never looked back!

75f461e8.jpg

Gotta make sure my ND hat looks good with my youngling robe!

b97d47b5.jpg

Making sure there would be no sneak attack by some Dark Lord of the Sith.

c2abd04a.jpg

Arrival of the Jedi Master

b49581c5.jpg

You will learn the ways of the force if you do not fall off the training platform.

8f26fa82.jpg

930ee23f.jpg

I sense much fear in the younglings!

c0b0374e.jpg

DS duels Vader!

4030b23c.jpg

More on next page!

Video of DS at Jedi Training Academy:

Continuation of DS's session with the funny ending to the JTA in case you have never seen this show before:

[media=]http://youtu.be/clrW_fBYSN0

If your puter/internet service is anything like mine, you will have to give it a few minutes to load before it will play all the way through.

After DS received his JTA diploma, and mad props from his daddy, DS declared tha saving the galaxy from a Sith Lord is hard work and requires "refueling".

d96f7443.jpg

6e700501.jpg

Afterward, DD says she wants to get on the Speederbike:

27d307c5.jpg

Next we move to the area near the big hat because the kids want to see if they can find some characters:

903356df.jpg

Then we find out Disney Channel Rocks is starting again soon so we stick around to see how DD will react today, because she is in an exceptionally goodd mood:

71127ff3.jpg

Get a load of this guy. I think DD was a bit weirded out by him, but he would soon hop away:

b081784c.jpg

and then DD's friend from the first time recognized her and came back over to her and danced with her for quite a bit:

9e4f7439.jpg

a6e216c6.jpg

After the show, we stuck around for Pooh and a pal:

967c8956.jpg

Afterward we went back to BLT and hung out there until dinner time.

At dinner we went to T-Rex at DD. Very loud and not great food. It was so loud in the section we were in that DW and I were literally yelling at each other when we needed to talk during the meal. I can handle loud but T-Rex was over the top.....never again will I eat there. Bring on Ragland Road next time!

We walked around and shopped for a bit:

f9b83e0b.jpg

cb3edaa8.jpg

I kept trying to get DS to walk where Stitch was spitting water.....but apprently he is too smart for my cunning pranks so he did not get wet.

Next update: Valentines Day at MK and one last trip to the wonderful place of awesomeness!

Ok, now that you have narrowed it down, I can come up with a "guess". I have never tried T-Rex. I looked at there menu and didn't see anything that I felt I needed to pay that price for.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

What a waste it was. Ear piercing loud and bad food for a steep price.....not sure why I didn't like it. Not to mention every couple in the section we were in would have looked like they were having a domestic dispute since they all had to scream at each other in order to hear.....maybe they have worked out the kinks and got the volume issue under control, but I feel no need to ever go back.

Those videos are cute!! I've never even watched the show. Is it only for kids? I would love to kick some Darth Vader a$$!!

Thanks for your review of T-Rex. I've been wanting to check it out just for the atmosphere, but if it's that loud, no thanks. I actually enjoy talking to Trevor at dinner. :D

You're doing a great job with this report. I can't remember yesterday unless I took notes.

BTW that was 900 posts and that means only 100 more to 1000. I have 11 days to get the 1000 in in my first two months! Snarky on dudes!

I like how you jumped in with both feet into an unknown board as if you've been here all along. It says a lot about you and FF.Net.

Glad you're here.

Sorry Lou. You can beat me when I meet you sometime. Oh wait. You aren't reading this.

Beat you, maybe not, annoy you, I can do that.

Oh wait. You aren't reading this.

That's right, I'm not reading this.

I have sock draws to organize, lint to collect, weeds to pick, and so much more important stuff to do.

We are huge Notre Dame and Michigan fans in our household but DS and I like ND a bit more.

Not a huge fan, but I'm a big fan of ND in general.

I don't think anyone would really want to see that, except maybe to take pictures and use as blackmail for free GAGs at some later date.

You got that right.

I guess I'll have to say it, even though it does my street cred no good, nice job on the TR,.........so far.

Those videos are cute!! I've never even watched the show. Is it only for kids? I would love to kick some Darth Vader a$$!!

Thanks for your review of T-Rex. I've been wanting to check it out just for the atmosphere, but if it's that loud, no thanks. I actually enjoy talking to Trevor at dinner. :D

You're doing a great job with this report. I can't remember yesterday unless I took notes.

Thanks. I believe the ages are 4-12 or I would have joined the dark side and taken out some of the parents who were sprinting ahead of kids to get in line for their kids earlier in the morning!

I know I am missing some things from the TR, like all the snacks we ate! It's hard without the pics to remember everything though.

I like how you jumped in with both feet into an unknown board as if you've been here all along. It says a lot about you and FF.Net.

Glad you're here.

Thanks Lou. It has been easy to get involved and I am grateful to all who were here before me for that.

Not a huge fan, but I'm a big fan of ND in general.

Go Irish. Wake up the Echoes and Shake Down the Thunder!

I guess I'll have to say it, even though it does my street cred no good, nice job on the TR,.........so far.

Much appreciated and up arrow for you sir! :wave1:

Thanks for the TR Dream Machine...

The kids are adorable, even with ND stuff on.... :rofl2: And I have to say, he pink camo pants ROCK!!!!!

And glad to know you are a fellow Brave fan. There is hope for you yet. Very slight hope out of all your teams, but hope none the less. :heart: :rofl3: :heart:

:clint:

Ok, you've saved me a wasted, expensive meal...thank you! I've given consideration to trying T Rex, but one of my daughters has Central Auditory Processing Disorder....and cannot stand being in places with LOUD background noises. She would be miserable there. And accordingly so would I. Not to mention I hate spending a lot of money on sub par food.

Geez, it's hard to keep up with this report!

Let's see-

Your son's superhero pose cracks me up. He sure was using it in almost every photo.

We have dined at the T-Rex cafe exactly once as well. We went not very long after it opened. I don't remember it being noisy. I do remember that we had to wait a long time and that the prices were high. I would go back there again if I could walk in without a wait. But, we haven't been back. There are too many other places I would rather go.

TCD

Gotta love that Jedi Training Academy, one of little H's favs.

Glad ya'll are having such a great trip. :)