"Prelude to the Dream Trip" Report

Was your son scared of Darth? It looks like he's awfully far away in that pic. Don't tell anyone, but he scares me a bit too.

Your daughter dancing with a CM is adorable! If I ever get to meet her, we are gonna get our groove on. smileydancing.gif

Your wife knits?! Holy smokes, I wish I had those kind of patience....and talent.

At that point he thought Vader was cool but did not really want to get near him. He came a long way during the vacation though as you will see in a future update!

That CM really took to DD and vice versa.

DD has maybe 12 pairs of knit pants, a few pairs of knit shorts, a few sweaters, winter hats, scarves, etc. My wife did two pairs of pants on the way to WDW during this trip. She is a natural and patient with many things like knitting, mathematics, physics, etc. Me....not so much.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, no, no, Aaron, take it back.

Gutta meet the dancing machine. Putting aside a little WDW bus with his name on it.

I like how you jumped in with both feet into an unknown board as if you've been here all along. It says a lot about you and FF.Net. Glad you're here. Beat you, maybe not, annoy you, I can do that. Tha

Thanks. We were at BLT from 2-6-11 thru 2-15-11 The rope drop was insane and it was one of the lowest crowd times of the year. I can't imagine doing that during a crowded season.

Most of the stampeding was being done by adults running, even sprinting to the Jedi signup--you will see we walked to the signup later in the trip and everything turned out just fine--although I felt like hip checking a couple of the other people who were sprinting past us and dragging their poor kids.

Hey-

The TCD gang was at the Fort from 2/11/11 to 2/14/11!

I will have to look in the background of all your photos to see if we are in any of them.

I didn't know about the Darth Vader meet and greet after the Jedi Training Academy. I think you are right about that being a temporary thing.

TCD

Hey-

The TCD gang was at the Fort from 2/11/11 to 2/14/11!

I will have to look in the background of all your photos to see if we are in any of them.

I didn't know about the Darth Vader meet and greet after the Jedi Training Academy. I think you are right about that being a temporary thing.

TCD

If I had only found FF sooner!

If I had only found FF sooner!

Actually, FF.net was only a few weeks old at that time.

And, I wasn't a member yet.

But, there were other Fiends I met up with at the Fort that weekend- Stacktester; Otter Spotter (where the heck is she?) and Grumpy (of the Grumpy and Grandma duo). Fiesty was there too. And a fellow who goes by the name The Troll (he has disappeared too).

TCD

Actually, FF.net was only a few weeks old at that time.

And, I wasn't a member yet.

But, there were other Fiends I met up with at the Fort that weekend- Stacktester; Otter Spotter (where the heck is she?) and Grumpy (of the Grumpy and Grandma duo). Fiesty was there too. And a fellow who goes by the name The Troll (he has disappeared too).

TCD

We were in the same boat then......still would have been nice to have you hook me up with Yuri and scout out RC for cougars!

Here we go. When I left off I told you we were going to Animal Kingdom the next day......only I remembered the next day (2-9-11) we actually went to Sea World.

I took one photo at Sea World and it was of DS with Shamu at the meet and greet. Not the actual whale but the guy dressed up like a killer whale. DD was too scared to go near him. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time finding said photo so you will have to go without. :panic:

I will tell you what I can remember. Journey to Atlantis was down, but my DW and I took turns riding the Manta........which is a flying coaster and is phenomenal. If you haven't tried it and like thrill rides, you should give it a whirl. We did not get a chance toride Kraken.

We did see the dolphin and Shamu shows and do some of the other animal encounters.

DD rode a kiddie ride that is like a pirate ship that slides back and forth and she decided it was like a thrill ride so she had fun with it by screaming bloody murder the entire time; as if she was going down the hill on a giant coaster. She was not scared at all she was just doing what any person would do on such a ride and it was hilarious. She had people coming over to watch her and then once they realized she was just having fun they started cracking up laughing too. She got to stay on the ride and ride it with daddy about 5-6 times bc nobody was in line. The experience was worth the price of admission by itself and daddy was and is a bit frustrated that he didn't bring the video camera with him. :banghead:

We only stayed until about 2 pm or so and then spent the rest of the day at BLT and Contemporary.

The next day (2-10-11) we headed to Animal Kingdom. First thing we headed to EE bc DW knows how much I like it and therefore I got to ride that first. Next we headed for the safari as I believed there would be more animals out in the morning than there would be later in the day.

d78c56b3.jpg

a921204c.jpg

802672f8.jpg

They look better when they eat purple blow pops and jolly ranchers!

448cce8d.jpg

b3ed5b28.jpg

ff754a1c.jpg

968c5145.jpg

8deb3a66.jpg

e52ace28.jpg

Afterward, we went to the Lion King and Finding Nemo shows. We love both of these shows but I think the Nemo show is especially good.

Here comes a TCD style transition....I wanted to go to It's Tough to be a Bug next but the kids wanted to eat lunch......what did we do?

Find out in the next update!

I wanted to go to "It's Tough to be a Bug" because we hadn't been in about 8-9 years but I got outvoted.

We went to the kind of cruddy part of AK.....dino-land....where they have all the carnival games and ate lunch. Then we just walked for a bit and looked around. We happened upon two of DDs favorites at that time:

af8b67e0.jpg

1be4c0f9.jpg

DS was having a rough couple hours and wanted no part of Stitch. Was it because of the rough morning or was it because he remembered back to February 2010 when Stitch stole his new Mickey hat?

5a02cf19.jpg

cec8cc11.jpg

95ddf41f.jpg

b6d26984.jpg

Lilo was kind enough to retrieve the hat for DS.

He talked about the theft for weeks afterward and how Stitch was a troublemaker! See Stitch can be fun when he is not inside Alien Encounter!

The kids were getting restless so we headed back to our room for naptime.

I believe this was the evening that the kids wanted to spend in the community hall there. It has books, video games, crafts, movies, etc. No big deal but they enjoyed themselves.

The following day on the 11th, we spent the morning in the MK....no pics but just about the same itinerary as last time.....however, this time we changed it up after lunch.....Aladdin's Flying Carpets, Swiss Family Treehouse, and dole whips!!

I love me some dole whips. I haven't tried the self-serve ones at the Poly.....that may be next on the list.

In the evening we used a sitter service (the ones with the purple shirts that look like they stole the idea from Snarky). They are very good. The sitter played games with the kids from about 5 until 9ish when they went to bed.

Mom and Dad went to Kouzina on the Boardwalk for dinner. Dad got the fishermen's stew and a Mythos or three. Mom got the cinnamon chicken and some Pino. We then headed for the World Showcase on foot. It was extra magic hours until midnight. We love walking around the WS together and just hanging out......we had a few drinks around the world and checked out all the shops, before watching the American Adventure film which we both enjoy. My wife, a liberal democrat and an operating room nurse, still pissed about how the health care law got jammed down America's throat, purchases a "Don't Tread on Me" t-shirt from the American Adventure gift shop before we leave........and I find it all to be very moving and amusing.

The next day (12th) we will go back to Epcot because I had just read that going to the park in the morning that had EMH the night before is a good strategy.

My wife is telling me that I may have a couple of my days mixed up now, but I told her it was my report and nobody will know the difference......thanks for telling me now! Anyway, I am pretty sure I have it in the right order bc I am good like that!

I posted my guess when you updated! Can I still claim my prize?!

Tell her what she's won, Bob!

Yes, I am dorky enough to quote game shows too.

I love Stich the character, and Stich in the movie. Stitch in Alien Encounter stinks!

I posted my guess when you updated! Can I still claim my prize?!

Tell her what she's won, Bob!

Yes, I am dorky enough to quote game shows too.

I love Stich the character, and Stich in the movie. Stitch in Alien Encounter stinks!

Agreed. Stitch in Alien encounter would suck. I have never been inside AE since Stitch joined the show though as I thought the original AE sucked also.

I quote all kinds of useless stuff Stef......"Big Bucks, No Whammies, Stop! Stop on 500 plus a spin!"

You are a good Dad. I'm happy to hear the children were fed. I'm also glad that you had a date night! Do go to the Poly for Dole Whip and stick around for the fireworks, you won't regret it!!

Fed kids = happy kids....at least for the most part. I love just walking around at the Poly.....probably second to the Fort only in that regard.