CKCK 3.0-June 5-10 Trip Report-"Best of Both Worlds"

From there we headed next door to the Goofini (aka Barnstormer).

This was to be DD4’s AND DD2’s first “rollercoaster.” We weren’t sure how they would take it.

Love this pic:

7386962498_3ed1fa8ae0.jpg

Turns out that DD2 LOVED it. DD4 did as well, but she was a little more apprehensive. Probably didn’t help that she was in the first car.

And believe it or not, that ride was a little faster than I expected.

Teacups are always a hit:

7386963066_c6ffb3455f.jpg

Notice how the rest of my family actually understands how to HAVE FUN ON A RIDE.

Love this pic of DD4 pulling MaMa:

7386963730_1866611b63.jpg

After awhile we finally made it over to BTMR…and they put us in the very back car.

7386964150_1ba329de47.jpg

Probably not the best place for a 4 year old, but whatever. She was excited to go on it and assured us she wanted to. My mom and I sandwiched her in between us.

I kept checking on her during the ride and she was okay, except that in the middle of the ride while going back up a lift hill she told me she didn’t like it.

But by the time we got off she liked it again.

At one point I looked over at my mom and she was doing this:

7386964620_8b196f8319.jpg

Taking pictures while on the ride.

I just knew her camera was not going to make it, but somehow it did.

When it was all said and done DD4 said she liked it and wanted to ride it again with Mommy…just not now. So I found a newlywed couple and gave them a BTMR FP wedding gift.

After we hit a few more rides it was nearing 11:00 and we still hadn’t decided what we were doing about lunch: eating in the park or going back to the Fort.

Since it was 11:00, can you guess what won?

7370522340_2bca439216.jpg

BAM!

Oh no we didn’t.

Yes we did.

And the girls split this:

7185288995_da3969418e.jpg

Bam again!

Except that DD2 was pissy and didn’t want to share:

7370522864_31db360154.jpg

So she got animal crackers.

DD4 capitalized on the moment:

7185289487_cb5b8ba694.jpg

We decided to FP Jungle Cruise and go through the Treehouse while we waited.

While on the Treehouse a big storm started to blow in.

A huge treehouse is not where you want to be in one of those.

Once we got down DW and I decided to bug out with the girls and head to the Fort while my parents stayed and did a few more things.

On our way out my mom had to get the girls overpriced balloons:

7386965948_7c285d4c48.jpg

Stopping for the balloons was a bad idea, because before we even made it out of the park the rain came. We got to the boat dock as fast as we could, and by the time we got back to the Fort it had stopped.

My parents did a few more things, rode Jungle Cruise, met the mayor (who called her princess so she was happy), and came back to the Fort.

7386967142_48d278f0dd.jpg

While I was waiting to pick them up from the boat I saw this:

7370523852_f9f74196af.jpg

I don’t even know what was happening here, but I didn’t hang around long enough to find out.

In our next update we’ll go back to the MK, hit a few rides, eat more food (duh), and get wet again (duh).

But just wait, we are soon approaching our breakfast at Kona (you didn’t see that one coming)!!!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you two brothers from different mothers?

There is no way I'm buying that line. Being the Dad that I know you are, if any of your daughters gave you that look, you would be there drinking tea and loving it.

Ok, time for a quick hoity toity tea update before I need to be productive today (even band directors have to work in the summer). You may think that updating a TR is productive. I agree, but it doesn

Haven't had time to be online much, but still loving the report.

To recap a bit:

You're girls are beautiful, especially the "pissy one." Everyone has a right to be pissy now and then! ;D

Your charcoal lighting photo is what we like to call "Redneck Ingenuity" Well done!

Sorry you had so much rain, welcome to our world! (Florida summers) At least you didn't let it spoil your fun.

Love those waffles from Sleepy Hollow, though I haven't tried the chicken one. I can't stop myself from getting the fruit & nutella. YUM!

It's hard to comment on your updates, because there is so much to say!

So here you go, in no particular order:

-loved the photo of the path to the Settlement. One of my favorite places in the Fort!

-I could have done with a few less Dumbo photos. But, it's your trip report, so do what you want.

-Why is the Mayor flashing a peace sign? BTW- That dude has a sweet gig.

-A big WTF on the photo of the shorts on the golfcart windshield.

TCD

Great Update again! Love the waffle pics and the fact that your daughter did not hesitate to capitalize and eat the whole thing! The chicken one looks good but the one your DD ate looks even better! I have to try those next trip.

We wanted to try the ham waffle sandwich, but didn't want to NOT get the chicken. Some day we will have to.

Another great day at the MK, and it's not over yet!!

Love these pictures

7370522864_31db360154.jpg

I love that face. You knew she was mad. Great pictures

I love the pissy face. ROFL That is priceless.

She gets the pissy face from her mom.

This report is making me hungry.

Me too, and it makes me want to make another trip back down there before the summer is over...

You're girls are beautiful, especially the "pissy one." Everyone has a right to be pissy now and then! ;D

Your charcoal lighting photo is what we like to call "Redneck Ingenuity" Well done!

Love those waffles from Sleepy Hollow, though I haven't tried the chicken one. I can't stop myself from getting the fruit & nutella. YUM!

Thanks!

The rain was not going to stop me from grilling that night. I did what I had to do, even if it made me look a little rednecky!

We want to try the nutella sandwich also some day.

It's hard to comment on your updates, because there is so much to say!

So here you go, in no particular order:

-loved the photo of the path to the Settlement. One of my favorite places in the Fort!

-I could have done with a few less Dumbo photos. But, it's your trip report, so do what you want.

-Why is the Mayor flashing a peace sign? BTW- That dude has a sweet gig.

-A big WTF on the photo of the shorts on the golfcart windshield.

TCD

Thanks!

I also love driving (or even walking) down the path to the Settlement. I love hearing the music playing along the path also.

Sorry about the Dumbo pics...I got a little carried away.

The Mayor is apparently hip. At least he didn't have up two peace signs...then would have not been a crook...

Glad you agree with the shorts on the windshield. I'm just glad I wasn't around when they got wet and subsequently were hung there.

After naps and resting in the afternoon we headed back over to the MK late afternoon.

MaMa had it in her head to wait around and watch the Electric Light Parade.

The weather might have had other ideas.

Here are a few pics from our evening:

7370524900_e201b8f3e2.jpg

7185292203_e62a889151.jpg

This is DD2’s face as you come out of the SP while on the People Mover:

7386967646_b055160333.jpg

Compare that to her face from our trip in Feb:

6899677187_6fd513e433.jpg

Every time. It never gets old.

From here we headed to Buzz. This was my parents’ first ride on Buzz ever:

7386968188_3576da4e9f.jpg

7370527012_eb310db6ef.jpg

7370526862_65177aeb5d.jpg

7370526582_ee8edf53c8.jpg

I might also add that my wife was terrible this time…5100.

7185293805_c9c1891ff2.jpg

Do they still use the Galaxy Theater? I wasn’t even sure what it was until I did some searching on the world wide web. I read somewhere that maybe they use it for MVMCP. Anything else? Seems like a waste to have it sitting there not being used except for putting Buzz Lightyear in front of it for pictures.

We ended up at the Columbia Harbor House for dinner.

I got the lobster roll again:

7185293947_c1f528186f.jpg

DW got the hummus:

7370527610_80c3535736.jpg

Surprisingly good.

We sat at the same table as before, so I took more pics:

7185294275_4e77710d52.jpg

This is where karma made a visit.

We are sitting at our table when some young guy walks up and asks us if we wanted chocolate cake.

?

Apparently they got free cake because something got screwed up with their order and it took forever.

I was a little apprehensive at first, but I saw that he was sitting behind us with what looked like his parents and possibly a newlywed wife or girlfriend (though I guess it could have been a sister for all I know. It’s not like they were sitting there making out).

They looked safe.

So we got free cake.

7185294697_38dcc3a299.jpg

7370528922_21a0264b1e.jpg

It was actually really good. I would get it again. In fact, I almost did later when I saw the same cake in the case at the Trails End.

7370528542_b9108f10bf.jpg

I took the guy’s picture:

7370528308_37716a9ab4.jpg

From here we did a few more quick rides, including the carousel about a billion times (no, really…DW and MaMa kept getting back on it since there was basically no one there).

7370529476_5cfe2ff563.jpg

While they were riding over and over again, PaPa and I were waiting:

7370530542_80eaa24b8f.jpg

After this the rain was still coming, the girls were tired, we were tired, so we called it a night:

7185297635_65032f9e14.jpg

Despite the rain, it was a good day. Not hot. No sun burns. Just a little wet. Really it didn’t stop us from doing anything that we wanted to do, so I can’t complain. The ponchos did get old, but whatever.

Once we got back and got the girls in bed, pretty much everyone crashed.

Because…

We had Kona reservations in the morning!

My parents wanted to take us to breakfast somewhere before they left. When they came with us on our first trip ever to the Fort in December 2010 we did Chef Mickeys. It was good, but the food wasn’t anything exciting. However, it was great for the character experience, especially since DD4 was 2 ½ at the time and was all about meeting some characters. This time however, it was about the food (duh), so we had reservations for 9:00. This would be our first trip to Kona, so we were really excited!

I haven't been in CHH to eat in years, but I love hummus!! That will be on my list for the next visit. Thanks.

I swear your kids look like porcelain dolls! I bet their skin doesn't take kindly to Florida sun.

I think the guy that gave you cake is Micheal Phelps! That would make sense, cake would not be good for his diet.

Not everyone can always look so hot in their Speedo, like TCD. ^_^

Great update!!! I have been in that theater you spoke of exactly once.... and it was at a Mickey's Very Merry Party. It has since been demolished and is now a parking lot.

I didn't know the Galaxy Theater was removed!

I remember watching a band perform there several years back during one of the Night Of Joy events.

Sure enough, I just checked, and here's how things looked in 2008:

galaxy2008.jpg

And here's the parking lot:

galaxy2012.jpg

TCD

Um, first off Stef....If you are gonna be TCD's long lost third twin daughter, you are never allowed to talk about your adoptive father in a speedo ever again! :rofl3:

That will assist your future brother (remember I am first on the waiting list) from throwing up in his mouth a bit.

:whew:

Another awesome update CK2.

The lobster roll looks excellent. Damn, so many new things to try at WDW, and I can't positively try them all in one trip. What to do?

The pics of your daughters are priceless. I love the Wedway photos. Good Stuff!

Can't wait for more.

Oh and the pathway to the settlemnt pic is awesome. My favorite place in the Fort. Can't wait to drive the cart through there next trip!

7370529476_5cfe2ff563.jpg

You know, everytime I see this one's picture (DD4), even the first one when they were their way to DW, I can almost read her thoughts from here in my pallatial office suite (my spare bedroom that got turned into an office). She's probably thinking... "if they only knew how tightly I have managed to wrap them all around my finger... and the best part, is that they don't have a clue that its even happening..."

Boy, you had better stock up on guns and bullets now while you still can to ward off the boys in about 10 years from now....

I just realized I forgot some important events from Friday!

1. More line cutters in the boat line. Don't get me started.

2. Red heads picked out princess watches to use money from MaMa Dori (my MaMa).

3. Caught up on a TCD trip report while sitting in front of the Meadows Trading Post! Woo hoo! I felt that was very poetic...a TCD TR at the Meadows? Come on, you can't beat that.

4. Got a note at the TT from Yensid camper!

I can't believe I forgot that. They were staying over in the 1500 loop. We passed their site a couple of times (as they did ours as well) and never could find them. Bummer!

I also had been waiting on a special visitor that we at this point had not been able to hook up with. Apparently this visitor had come by earlier in one of the deluges and wasn't able to stop by. We were still hoping to meet up before we left!