Never been to WDW for any of the special Christmas festivities......this may be one of the several new experiences we have during our Dec 2013 trip. I would really enjoy it I think. I think the fam would too.

This is one of my favorite events/attractions at WDW.

My parents go down every year and stay at one of the value resorts for a couple of nights to attend this.

I think it is totally awesome. IMHO.

Normally during the week days, there isn't a need for priority seating with the meal package. During the week-end it depends on the overall crowds.

Fix for the link - http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Candlelight-Processional/News/14Jun2012-Celebrity-narrator-lineup-for-this-year%27s-Candlelight-Processional.htm

Neil Patrick Harris is fantastic!

Whoopi Goldburg is supposed to be good, too.

It is definitely something to put on your bucket list.

This is one of my favorite events/attractions at WDW.

My parents go down every year and stay at one of the value resorts for a couple of nights to attend this.

I think it is totally awesome. IMHO.

Normally during the week days, there isn't a need for priority seating with the meal package. During the week-end it depends on the overall crowds.

Fix for the link - http://www.wdwmagic....rocessional.htm

Neil Patrick Harris is fantastic!

Whoopi Goldburg is supposed to be good, too.

It is definitely something to put on your bucket list.

Good to know G and Ed! Thanks for the info. I definitely want to attend the CP....also never done Osborne Lights or Holidays around the World. May even do the Christmas Party thingy at the MK....not sure about that one yet; though I'm sure the kids would love it. I am very much looking forward, albeit, for another 18 months or so, to just looping in the Fort and seeing all the decorations! Good thing we have a trip in February to look forward to first!

If you are not into crowds and waiting in a long line (and not particular about the narrator), then wander Epcot on a weeknight, and wait till all the crowds are seated, then you can usually still get a seat right before it starts. I've done that a couple of times. I've also watched it sitting at the base of the tree that is in the American Pavilion. (Although they moved the tree this last December, so now it should be on the edge of the American Pavilion fountain). Very good show!!

We had Whoopi as our narrator in 2010. While she was an excellent speaker, I didn't care for her jokes and felt that she made the event almost sacrilegious.

Candlelightprocessional-1.jpg

Otherwise, it was a beautiful and moving experience. Definitely one to get you in the Christmas spirit!

I have been looking at this for Christmas this year. We are trying to decide whether to use the meal plan for priority seating. My hubby will be on a scooter and didn't know if that would make a difference since sometimes they put you in the back anyway.

If you are not into crowds and waiting in a long line (and not particular about the narrator), then wander Epcot on a weeknight, and wait till all the crowds are seated, then you can usually still get a seat right before it starts. I've done that a couple of times.

We've done this too and actually ended up with really good seats!

We have never done Mickey's Christmas party as we have heard it is much too crowded and not worth the price.

We've been to MVMCP twice, once free (long story) and once as a part of D23's Magic and Merriment. It is definitely crowded and not worth the price!

I have been looking at this for Christmas this year. We are trying to decide whether to use the meal plan for priority seating. My hubby will be on a scooter and didn't know if that would make a difference since sometimes they put you in the back anyway.

We had priority seating at D23 M&M and the seats were disappointing.

I think the overcrowded issue with Mickey's Very Merry has to do with the way they do it now. They used to clear the park at 6pm, then reopen at 7pm. So the party was only from 7pm - midnite, and it probably wasn't as big of a seller.

Now, they let folks with party tickets in at 4pm, then slowly urge non ticket holders out of the park starting at 6pm, and I'm also betting more than a few folks that don't have party tickets just hang out in the park.

Now at 7pm if you don't have a wristband you are asked to leave. You can't buy anything in the shops (shock, Disney turns down your money!) and you aren't admitted to any attractions.

True, but they can't catch everyone from hanging out and watching the parades and just hanging in the park.

I've been to MVMCP quite a few times in the past and it wasn't crowded. Like everything, though, times have changed and crowds have increased. We're going on a Monday night this year to try and avoid the worst of the crowds.

The Candlelight Processional is really one of my favorite holiday traditions - though slowly being replaced by the Osborne Lights. Like Carol, I usually wander up at the last minute and stand in the back or grab a seat near the fountain. You can still hear, just not see as well. If you've never done it, you really should. Hopefully I'll be there and able to do it this year. Looks like an October, November AND December trip.

True, but they can't catch everyone from hanging out and watching the parades and just hanging in the park.

They definitely can't catch everyone, but they do seem to do a decent job of trying - at least between 7-8pm ish. Last few times we've done hard ticket parties (last couple of years) they've had CMs stationed at bottle-neck points in major walkways and were asking everyone going past to see their wristbands.

We did MNSSHP last year and the crowds really weren't bad at all. But we did MVMCP the year before and it was a lot busier than we expected.

FWIW we liked MNSSHP a ton better.

Am I reading this right? Three months at WDW.

Ha! You read it correctly, I wasn't specific when I typed it. If only I were a rich man... or a WDW cast member who made a half way decent salary working about 1 day per month so I could live at the Fort.