This is NOT a Trip Report - May 27 - June 9, 2012

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got that right Aaron. I didn't fall for the "this is not a TR" title anyway. Other's have tried to trick me into reading TRs, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

TRs I don't read, but synopsis, I just might.

According to the Offical Fort Fiends Handbook, you are not allowed to abandon a Trip Report without fair warning. I realize you have claimed this isn't a trip report, so maybe you found a loophole the

Huh? No speedo shots? Geez, no kids, no dogs and now, no banana hammock? You're killing me!

I completely understand your "gym motivation" There's nothing like seeing a picture of yourself in a bikini to make you say:

"Wow, I should really work out!!" (or find a good plastic surgeon ^-^ )

I also agree that people on vacation should not wear their poopy pants. Lighten up, have some fun!

We always try to plan our vacations....and then change said plans 25 times.

Happy to hear your feeling better, and hope you don't leave us too long without another update.

I can empathize with you about the poopy pants people. I think those are the people that say, "I went to disney world it sucked." People don't realize they need ADR's, about EMH, or a million other things they need to know about WDW. They just go and then are disappointed. I feel sorry for them sometimes, especially older folks who may not be internet users.

I would blow off Walmart any chance I could! Good choice!

Love the update! I will wait patiently with Doodle for the next!

WooHoo! Another Reno911 fan.

Looking foward to more

That was really a great show. I was hoping someone would get the reference.

Huh? No speedo shots? Geez, no kids, no dogs and now, no banana hammock? You're killing me!

I completely understand your "gym motivation" There's nothing like seeing a picture of yourself in a bikini to make you say:

"Wow, I should really work out!!" (or find a good plastic surgeon ^-^ )

I also agree that people on vacation should not wear their poopy pants. Lighten up, have some fun!

We always try to plan our vacations....and then change said plans 25 times.

Happy to hear your feeling better, and hope you don't leave us too long without another update.

Banana Hammock - That's one I haven't heard in a while.

I can empathize with you about the poopy pants people. I think those are the people that say, "I went to disney world it sucked." People don't realize they need ADR's, about EMH, or a million other things they need to know about WDW. They just go and then are disappointed. I feel sorry for them sometimes, especially older folks who may not be internet users.

I would blow off Walmart any chance I could! Good choice!

Love the update! I will wait patiently with Doodle for the next!

I would get it if it were Williamsburg, VA or Busch Gardens even, but you're spending THOUSANDS of dollars on your family vacation. You really should take the time to read up, even if it's in a hard copy book. It just boggles my mind. Even I, the one who does not plan, would never fall into that trap.

Brent is there something that Stef knows that the rest of us should?? :rofl2:

I don't know what Stef knows, or what she thinks she knows, but I find it best not to dispute her. Just go with it!

More importantly.. how does Stef know this about him? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Hey hey hey. Don't encourage!

Day 5 - Continued

Thanks for all of the comments. I know I should be better about responding, so I'm trying. I promise.

I also promised this wasn't going to be a lengthy TR… and here we are. A two-parter for day 5…. of 14.

So, I went to AK. Met with some friends and got roped into seeing Nemo. After, I finally got my lunch (all I'd really gone to the park for) and met up with two of my very best friends who had arrived that morning. Also, a coworker was lurking around, so I had to meet him and his family. Well, as I hear Fiends do, I was running my mouth with a friend I hadn't seen in almost 2 years. And talking. And talking. And before I knew it, it was 2:30. Remember, I was supposed to meet the camper delivery guy at 3. And I was using the bus. I almost took a cab, but I was low on cash so I waited for a bus. And waited. And waited. It was a long 8 minutes. Finally a bus came, then we had to go to Blizzard Beach. I texted the delivery guy that I was running late, I was sorry. I was really sorry. Yes, my car was in the way. No there was no spare key, etc. I finally made it back to the Fort and to the campsite about 3:30. Ironically, I beat the delivery guy.

So, LESSON LEARNED. Don't take the bus when you're in a hurry. No no, I knew that already. Stop judging me.

While I was waiting, I was spying on noticing these people. More on them later, but they were just rubbing me the wrong way. Everyday they did. I don't know why, but they did. There was also a lot of huffing and puffing coming from them. I don't want to know what that was about.

599855_612261541265_227432397_n.jpg

So, after just a bottle of water (how I was measuring time very accurately that day), Matt from Greenberg RV arrived with the popup. Here he is setting it up and the finished setup. Yes, I know there are some things that aren't right. I fixed them later.

196063_612260722905_58533288_n.jpg

8044_612260174005_1634462318_n.jpg

534229_612262005335_107916287_n.jpg

All in all, the process went smoothly and the popup was exactly what I was expecting. It's a Rockwood 1980

Now, I know Greenberg isn't a FF sponsor and I agree, definitely rent from the sponsors. Unfortunately, when I booked, there wasn't anyone renting popups that I was aware of and I needed a popup. Why? Well, I'd almost towed a brand new one off the lot this spring. Something inside of me knew it wasn't a smart decision, so I backed out. I decided that I should rent one first, just to make sure I'd like it. I was used to travel trailers, but after looking at a million new ones to buy on my own, I was convinced that a popup was the right decision. So renting it was. I figured this would confirm that it was a smart move, but more on all of my thoughts later. I will say, though, that I do recommend Matt and Greenberg. His prices are very reasonable and he's a great guy to work with. He's the sort that emails you back as soon as you ask him a question - 7 days/week. No really, within 10 minutes every time.

So, Matt setup the camper and I started getting settled in.

After I fixed the awning and got unloaded I had sweated through my clothes. It was that hot, but I was glad. I'd had enough rain. I moved my car up front and parked in the shade. I rode the bus FOR THE LAST TIME OF THE TRIP back to the site and shortly after, Matt delivered my cart. I skipped the laundry, grabbed a shower, hit the meadows for Ice and tonic and then folks, I poured myself a drink. A nice, strong drink. It was fantastic. There is nothing better than a drink under your awning.

About 6 my friend, we'll call him Justin, arrived. Justin was in this trip planning from the beginning, but had to work (teacher) until that day. He'd driven down straight from school to make it in time for dinner. We got him settled in and a drink poured. Then, two of my friends showed up. They'd heard there was vodka. Amazing how that works… So we had a drink and then all loaded on the golf cart and headed to dinner Where? Well Trail's End of course. Party of 16 checking in!

We had a great time, caught Wishes! and said goodnight to everyone. There was talk of looping, but it didn't happen. Exhaustion kicked in. So, Justin climbed into his bunk and was rambling on about something I couldn't' understand over the vortex known as the air conditioner. Then I got in the other bunk. About that time there was the great shaking and rolling of 2012.

This is when I discovered that if there was an Ohana on one end of the pup, the other end suffered… not only olfactory suffering, but also shaking and vibrations. That was not in the plans, but I eventually got used to it, except every time he rolled over I woke up clear on the other end of the camper…

So moving on.

Friday can be summed up in one word. Rain. Or maybe Monsoon. It was awful. We finally broke down and bought ponchos. I am anti-poncho, but they were necessary. By the time we got back to the camper I was soaked and miserable. Please note, my shiny new zero gravity chairs were carefully placed just outside the awing so they'd get soaked.

598441_612260483385_655382598_n.jpg

At some point I fired up the RVQ grill thing and made some killer ribs and baked potatoes. We went back to DHS that night for the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic! with a dozen or so friends. As TCD reported, the 10:30 showing wasn't crowded at all.

601111_612262584175_601303363_n.jpg

165938_612261421505_509027510_n.jpg

I like to call this one "Character Butts"

303629_612259390575_1591313957_n.jpg

OK, I think that's enough for now. We're almost to the Bay Lake Dip and some other fun stuff - including a little event I like to call Vodkafest 2012. I promise it's coming soon!

Vodkafest 2012? Awesome!! Sounds like my kind of festival!

Anxious to hear if your popup experience was good enough to make you want to buy one.

For the record:

I DO NOT know if Brent looks good or bad in a Speedo, or if he even really wears one.

I DO fully understand the old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" and seeing yourself in any bathing attire is usually something that makes you go, hmmmmm...... :P